Official 2012 Oakland Raiders

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
damn yall really giving up on knapp that fast? i know hes a piece of shit but lets give the guy 2-3 games untill we throw in the towels

i hope dennis allen or reggie allen tell him he better shape up that offense with al saunders helpin a lil more but i doubt it too. but shit what if we smash miami on sunday?

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
man, i think the raiders defense can be really solid, especially the front seven...but in my opinion, as of right now, the cornerbacks are not looking good. and this could slow the development of the entire defense. as a cowboys fan, i saw this exact same thing last year.

i see four safeties get a good amount of playing time...tyvon branch, michael huff, matt giordano, and mike mitchell. obviously this is not up to me, but if i were the raiders, i would think about playing michael huff at cornerback, i know he played a bit of cornerback at texas.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
damn yall really giving up on knapp that fast? i know hes a piece of shit but lets give the guy 2-3 games untill we throw in the towels

i hope dennis allen or reggie allen tell him he better shape up that offense with al saunders helpin a lil more but i doubt it too. but shit what if we smash miami on sunday?
knapp was so bad last time around, that cable had to take away play calling duties from him. cable actually did a better job too. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it happening. not saying we'll never score more than a touchdown and a couple of field goals, we'll probably be in the bottom 10 of offenses for the season.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
Gaffney had a good season with the redksins last year, even with the crap situation at qb they had.

reggie recently said in an interview, that ocho, TO and plax will not be signed.

exactly my point!...we want producers,..not greedy wr'z who are full of themselves and only think of their own situation and eventually start causing ruckus on the field or in the locker room!...pretty sure reggie is koo with all that fucking shit,..plus he said he feels its not the age,but he just dosent think any of them fit into what hes trying to build in oakland,...imo,i dont see wut the deal is with plax,that would maybe work,but if not fuck it,..gaffney will fit in good with this core of wr'z,he would be on a better team then last year and he would have better people throwing his way,he would prolly have a nice lil break out year being on a better squad!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Why the hell would we bring in Jabarr Gaffney when Chad Jhonson is out there...Chad Jhonson is going to play hard as fuck when he gets a chance...The Raiders should be making moves for Plax. OCho or Owens right now...We can get two of them for the low right now....
you're trippin bro. Gaffney had over 900 yards and 5 TDs last season, actually the best stats he's had in his career

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3561/jabar-gaffney

also, he's only 31... younger than Plax, Chad Johnson, and TO. TO got cut from Seattle and they don't even have that great of WRs. Chad Johnson was terrible last year, and who knows what's gonna happen with his legal issues. I wouldn't us picking up Plaxico, he would be a good red zone target... but I don't want TO or Chad

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I moved back to cali and I was all excited planning to take my nephew to his first raider game. since I'm the one that got him into watching football and the raiders with me. I'm still going to take him, but goddamn. lol, at least the tickets will be cheap. probably go to the tampa bay game.

Jun 23, 2005
the one thing they shouldnt have messed with, they did and tehy ruined a good thing. this offense is explosive and they (gregg mutha fuck ya life knapp) is ruining it.

this team wasnt a superbowl contender, but it has thee talent to compete but it looks like reggie said fuck it time to rebuild.

Nov 1, 2004
Fuck it man let's have a fire sale.
Trade everybody who is worth something. Get a bunch of picks.
Draft of bunch of young guys and pay them nothing.
Win 3 games.
Sell 0 tickets.
Move to L.A.

I see where this is going...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Update: Raiders work out six players

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 at 2:49 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Update: The complete list of players who worked out today is as follows: T Patrick Brown, Central Florida, DB Darius Butler, UConn, DE Andre Carter, Cal, DB Cletis Gordon, Jackson State, DB Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky, DB Kevin Thomas, USC.
While the players on Oakland’s roster are resting, head coach Dennis Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie are kicking the tires on a handful of players to see if they can add more talent to their 53-man roster in light of several injuries to key players.
The Raiders lost starting cornerbacks Ron Bartell (shoulder) and Shawntae Spencer (foot), wide receiver Jacoby Ford (foot) and right offensive tackle Khalif Barnes (groin) to injuries since the season started. Several other players are banged up.
As a result, the Raiders reportedly worked out cornerbacks Kevin Thomas and Antwaun Bolden and defensive end Andre Carter today. Carter was in for a second tryout.
The Raiders have not signed any of the players yet. However, it’s safe to say the Raiders will make a few roster moves between now and Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Another option is signing cornerback Chimdi Chekwa from the practice squad and throwing him into the jumbled mess at cornerback, where the projected starters are Joselio Hanson and Pat Lee as of now.
Chekwa started one game last season and showed some promise before hamstring and shoulder injuries shelved him for most of the season.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
making a lot of moves to the clean up the secondary... it can't be any worse...

Raiders sign defensive back

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 at 9:00 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders signed Akwasi Owusu-Ansah to their practice squad, according to his agent via Twitter.
Owusu-Ansah is versatile enough to play cornerback and safety. However, he also has played some wide receiver.
The Dallas Cowboys, who listed Owusu-Ansah as a wide receiver, selected him in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL draft out of Indiana (Pa.) University.
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah returned 28 kicks for 599 yards for Dallas in 2010-11, averaging 21.4 yards per return. He also returned six punts for 47 yards.
He played in 14 games for the Cowboys and Jacksonville Jaguars, including both his starts for the Jaguars last season, all on defense.
No word from the Raiders on whether they signed any of the six players they worked out Tuesday. They have an open spot on their 53-man roster, which also could be filled by signing someone from their practice squad.
Raiders sign cornerback from Packers practice squad

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 at 10:48 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders filled the void on their 53-man roster by signing cornerback Brandian Ross from the Green Bay Packers practice squad.
Ross initially made the Packers 53-man roster, but he got cut a week later when a veteran player returned from a one-game suspension.
Teams are permitted to sign players from another team’s practice squad, provided that player is added to the new team’s 53-man roster.
The Raiders had an opening as a result of waiving long-snapper Nick Guess on Tuesday.
Ross was signed by the Packers in 2011 as an undrafted free agent out of Youngstown State. He spent the season on their practice squad.
The Raiders also re-signed defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga to their practice squad.
Huff taking reps at cornerback

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 at 11:58 am in Oakland Raiders.

Career free safety Michael Huff is taking reps at cornerback in practice today in another sign of the Raiders’ dearth of healthy, experienced cornerbacks.
The Raiders are without season-opening starters Ron Bartell (shoulder) and Shawntae Spencer (foot) because of injuries suffered in the first two games.
They signed Brandian Ross from the Green Bay Packers practice squad earlier today as a means of adding some depth. Huff is just another option as the Raiders prepare for a game against the pass-happy Pittsburgh Steelers.
Huff played some cornerback in college, as well as on occasion during his seven-season NFL career. It remains to be seen how much he’ll actually play against the Steelers or the rest of the season.
For now, the projected starters at cornerback are Pat Lee and Joselio Hanson, who also are working there today. Another option is to sign Chimdi Chekwa from the practice squad.

– As expected, Spencer and right offensive tackle Khalif Barnes (groin) aren’t practicing today. Coach Dennis Allen said there’s the potential for both players to miss some time on the heels of their injuries against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

– Ross is practicing today, a few hours after signing with the Raiders. He is wearing No. 29.

– Middle linebacker Rolando McClain and backup cornerback Coye Francies weren’t participating in practice or the stretching during the media access window.
We won’t know about their status until speaking with Allen in about two hours.