Official 2012 Oakland Raiders

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2004
Raiders continued their losing streak of games I attend.
That's 0-3 this year including the Dallas Preseason game.
They haven't won a game I've attended since 2002. Probably been to about 12 games since then.
I'm going to 4 more games this year, shooting for 0-7.
Then it will prove the Raiders will never win when I go to a game and I can save the ticket money for more beer.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Raiders continued their losing streak of games I attend.
That's 0-3 this year including the Dallas Preseason game.
They haven't won a game I've attended since 2002. Probably been to about 12 games since then.
I'm going to 4 more games this year, shooting for 0-7.
Then it will prove the Raiders will never win when I go to a game and I can save the ticket money for more beer.
Well then I think we know what the problem is now. U gotta stop going to games breh.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
curry finally got activated and it looks like bartell will be activated for sunday too. taiwan jones is finally going to get a chance to show what he can do. mcfadden and goodson are both probably out.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Raiders cut Lee, put Spencer on IR to make room for Bartell, Stewart

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, November 10th, 2012 at 12:59 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders cut starting cornerback Pat Lee and placed cornerback Shawntae Spencer on injured reserve Saturday to make room for cornerback Ron Bartell and running back Jeremy Stewart on the 53-man roster.

Lee started seven games, moving into the starting lineup in Week 2 after Bartell (broken shoulder blade) and Spencer (foot sprain) were lost in the first two games of the season. Lee had his first career interception in the Raiders’ 26-16 Week 8 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

Although Raiders coach Dennis Allen said recently there had been no setbacks regarding Spencer, he did say the healing process was taking longer than anticipated. Spencer, who signed a one-year contract last offseason, is out the remainder of the season and played in just two games.

The moves suggest Michael Huff, moved to cornerback in Week 3, will be there the rest of the season, starting opposite Bartell, with Matt Giordano the starting free safety.

Oakland’s other cornerbacks are Brandian Ross, Phillip Adams and Coye Francies, all of whom have more extensive roles on special teams than Lee.

Feb 12, 2009
Raiders vs. Ravens: Mental Errors Continue to Plague Oakland in 55-20 Loss
By
Christopher Hansen
(AFC West Lead Writer) on November 12, 2012

The Baltimore Ravens are a formidable opponent at home, and the Oakland Raiders haven’t traveled well to the East Coast. For that reason the Raiders weren’t expected to beat the Baltimore Ravens on the road; fans in Oakland would have settled for a competitive showing from a rebuilding team.

Expectations were low and the Raiders still managed to disappoint. The Raiders were blown out 55-20 and dropped to 3-7 on the season. Obviously the goal is to win the game, but until the Raiders start winning both individual matchups and the mental part of the game things aren’t going to improve.

The Raiders committed 10 penalties for 105 yards, blew several coverage assignments, lost two fumbles and had countless missed tackles. Mental errors are obviously a big part of Oakland’s problem. Getting beat physically is excusable with an obviously flawed roster, but the mental errors are never excusable.

Head coach Dennis Allen wants a smart, tough and disciplined football team. If the last two weeks are any indication, the Raiders are a stupid, weak and undisciplined mess of a football team. The coaching staff is doing everything they can to get the team in the right direction, but it’s not always about effort. Sometimes the coaches have to know which buttons to press to get their team to perform.

The reality of the situation is that the players on the roster might not have buttons to press. This defense didn’t perform for Hue Jackson, and it hasn’t been any better with the defensive-minded Allen running the show. Maybe these players have lost their edge playing for a franchise that hasn’t had a winning season in over a decade. If the coaches need to push different buttons, or the players need to find their "pride and poise" then now is the time.

Leading 41-17, the Ravens executed a fake field goal for a touchdown. There’s little doubt in my mind that the Ravens wanted to finish off that drive with a TD because the Raiders, especially Joselio Hanson, were jawing at the Ravens throughout the game. Anquan Boldin handled it well when he simply pointed to the scoreboard; the fake field goal touchdown further punctuated his message and was a well-deserved punch to the gut for the Raiders.

The players are playing for their jobs, and it’s hard to imagine a many teams calling offering jobs to Raiders cut this upcoming the offseason. Maybe it’s time to get young players like Jack Crawford, Cristo Bilukidi and Tony Bergstrom more playing time. If the rookies aren’t ready to steal a few snaps now, then they probably have no business being on the roster.

Of course, the roster is full of players the coaching staff doesn’t trust. With Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson out, the running attack was expected to be a mix of Marcel Reece and Taiwan Jones. That never materialized. Jones touched the ball just three times against Baltimore, meanwhile Jeremy Stewart got seven carries, and he was just elevated from the practice squad. If the coaching staff doesn’t trust Jones enough to use him when two running backs are injured, they are probably never going to trust him. Jones can’t prove himself over again if he doesn’t get opportunities.

If the coaching staff isn’t turning a blind eye to what’s going on then there’s little reason that Willie Smith, Matt Giordano or Rolando McClain should continue to see significant playing time. There are several players that continue to play poorly and yet continue to see the field.

The coaching staff has been slow to take away playing time for poor performance, but they have eventually made those moves. David Tollefson lost playing time to Andre Carter and Rolando McClain lost his job in the nickel package to Miles Burris. More changes should be coming.

When a player is blowing the coverage, whiffing on blocks or missing tackles they need to find a spot on the bench. The Raiders have some alternatives who are young and hungry and should give them a chance. With four of the next five games at home, it’s a prime opportunity to give younger players an expanded opportunity.

Carson Palmer and the passing game is about all the Raiders have going for them, but an above-average passing game can’t carry a bad running game and an all-around horrendous defense. Performances like that against the Ravens make fans question the direction of the Oakland franchise and whether the team has the right men in the right places to turn things around.

Considering this is still a team largely constructed by Al Davis, it’s far too early to be formulating those types of opinions. The coaching staff will get adequate time to develop their schemes, but that’s only part of being a good coach.

Otherwise Norv Turner would be mentioned among the best coaches in the league.

Last edited:

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
No excuses for this piss poor as coaching staff, we pretty much have the same players that were here last year. This is a poorly coached team!

Mar 24, 2006
^lol, na dog don't do that. Maybe root for other teams besides our AFC West rivals and the Ravens.
lol @ our

Back to being a Raider fan again? You said "our" in the Bears N @NINER s thread toting the Bears D as "our" too.

Weeaaaaaaaaaak breh. Weak.

Props: Jaysav

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yes "our" even after that 55-20 beat down. In the last few weeks, we've given up damn near 100 points. The Raiders are still my number one team, but I got the Bears, Cowboys, and Bills (CJ Spiller fan) to fall back on too!

Mar 24, 2006
Yes "our" even after that 55-20 beat down. In the last few weeks, we've given up damn near 100 points. The Raiders are still my number one team, but I got the Bears, Cowboys, and Bills (CJ Spiller fan) to fall back on too!
Breh. My team is the shittiest team of all this year. That doesn't mean Im gonna go and pick another team to cheer for though. That shit is for the weak minded.

I mean fuck. My Chiefs are about to be the first team in 83 years to go 9 games in a row without holding a lead at ALL.

83! You realize how shitty that is? lol