Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 22, 2006
Album was OK the shit get's fuckin boring. 6 to 8 minute songs with extremely repetitve beats and mumbling doesnt work for me. He needs to chill out with all of them damn synths too..

There's no way in hell this is better than the Quik or the BLH album production wise or lyrically. He's young and he has time to grow so I wont completely fault him. IMO Album isn't horrible just not as good as it's being made out to be.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I didn't find the beats repetitve at all. I mean hell through half the songs they didn't even stay same it seems. But honestly I could see someone hating this album as much as most of us like it. There is a lot to digest and I think a lot of hip-hop fans, underground or mainstream, have gotten used to 5 minute songs with a guest rapper and some dude singing the chorus, and albums with 15 songs and 12 features. So something that has a few songs 6+ and that a majority of the album doesn't have a feature on it is a out of the norm these days.

I do agree with Tyler being young so he has a lot of improving to do. Parts of the album felt like they were made by a kid with ADD, which is probably true lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
See, the long songs and the album length didn't bother me because for the most part I enjoyed it and it held my interest. I'm also a guy who listens to post-rock (a form of instrumental progressive rock) that sometimes one song is 30+ minutes long. So that probably has some to do with it. As long as it holds my interest and is good in my opinion, I don't care if songs are 1:30 or 8:00 long.

Most, not all, hip-hop fans want something that is around 4 minutes long, with a catchy hook, and a couple lines from the song they can repeat over and over again. I'm not just talking about mainstream teenybopper kids either. Minus some pretty catchy lines, and like the hooks on Radicals and She, and I guess Bitch Suck Dick (lol) this album really has none of that.

Aug 17, 2004
The album is decent but like others have said it can get boring. He kind of reminds me of Rza on the mic, like how he can come tight lyrically a lot of the time but too much of him is overkill . he doesn't have the best mic pressence and his subject matter is repetitive. Also like others have said that lacking Earl hurt this album bad which I agree with. Tyler needs Earl back IMO to keep his buzz going much further than this album.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
After listening i'd give it a solid 8.5/10

I don't think it will change "music" as a whole ... but I think if this album sells (which i'm sure it will), it may show certain artist that they don't need to fallow a set "mainstream" formula to sell. So in that aspect this album may have more of a impact then the music itself - esp the younger generation that feel they need to copy lil wayne

I personally don't think the album is boring, I do think Yonkers and Sandwhichs are the songs with the most legs, and they been out for a long time - so that kinda takes away from the freshness. This albums has standouts though: Radical, She, Fish, Troncat, BSD - imo

Not many hyped albums, or movies, or anything entertainment related lives up to the hype: this album came pretty close to expectation. Thats a big accomplishment, and really sets him up for his sophomore major release

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I'm gonna say 8/10

I think the album is good... my main problem with it is a lot of the songs are not the type of songs I feel like listening to all the time

I think it relates to what Nuttkase was saying about hip hop fans wanting to hear shorter songs that are kind of catchy... the songs I find myself listening to on a regular basis are "Nightmare" (might be my favorite on the album right now) "She," "Analog," "Burgers" mainly just because those are songs that are better to just throw on and ride to in the car... which is when I listen to a lot of music

edit: "Fish" and "Troncat" have been gettin a decent amount of play from me as well... I love the second beat on "Fish"

I think "Goblin" and "Golden" are some of the best songs on the album when it comes to overall creativity, and lyrics... like it's basically acting out a skit within the song... with the conversation back and forth. Problem is I just don't feel like listening to songs like that all the time. Those songs are better when you really listen to the lyrics, and like I said before... listen to the whole album and soak up how everything transitions and connects.

I pretty much like everything on the album though... "Transylvania" is kinda ehhh IMO... "Bitch Suck Dick" is hella funny, but I don't think it's really a "good" song... it's pretty much exactly what I expected though

Overall... good album. Not classic, but very solid.

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
After listening to both albums back to back all day, I don't know if my previous listenins of BASTARD may have made me numb to the album but I honestly prefer GOBLIN over the album strangely

Tyler's attempts at "love songs" seem more accomplished, his real life situations were expressed more vividly, yet he was still able to make the album more graphically violent then BASTARD....again discounting the missing Earl track (which will hopefully appear on WOLF or a re-release of GOBLIN) the album is a win, in my opinon (but who the fuck cares)

VENOM

Sicc OG
Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Cats love Outkast so I don't know why they wouldn't love this album. I mean the whole thing has like a new sound to it. Original I think. It doesn't sound like a whole lot of the bullshit out there so I like it.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
nuttkase, the video in your sig is trippin me the fuck out

I need to watch that shit when I'm on drugs

sorry, I know that has nothing to do with OF... but I just had to point it out