Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I think Doris is great personally, one of my favorite releases of the year and I still listen to it a lot, but I can totally see the pressure that was put on him to get something out ASAP and might not been to his liking or how he wanted to do things.

Anyways Centurion, Molasses, and Hoarse as well, are my favorites. There isn't a song on it I outright don't like either. Guild is still probably the closest but I think it's decent and 523 sort of fucked up the flow of the album but I thought it was pretty cool on some free jazz inspired instrumental tip that was done by Earl. It could have been left off though or just thrown on the end as a bonus or something, I don't know.

I still jam Wolf often. Tyler's rapping on there is decent to slightly above average with some clever/funny shit said but I really love the fucking production on that album a lot. I wish he'd rap more like he does on that one off song Look that's posted on the last page. That shit reminded me of how he was on Radical and Bastard.

Props: Palmer

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I was pretty into BMSR a few years back when they were just starting to get a buzz, trippy stuff for sure. Tobacco's first solo album is probably my favorite thing from them in general. Haven't really checked their stuff from after Eating Us and foward as a whole or solo though.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
I had decided that earls debut, Doris was wack as shit and trashed it early. as an earl sweatshirt fan, even. I put it on my phone after getting high all day all night driving from the bay to SD.

actually, did a entire 360 on opinion.. the album is dope, almost the entire way through. there's a few lazy/apathetic songs that I wasn't huge on (the one with Mac miller sounds like they all shot heroin up before they recorded) but overall earl is snapping on this entire album and I was doing some heavy fucking sleeping on how dope it is/was. 8/10 maybe 7/10. I really had to sit down with it and listen super hard. even frank ocean came hard no homo no homo on that song about quitting smoking pot of whatever.

good album. I'll be listening to it more from now. will need to revisit wolf as well.

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
I think I just didn't really sit down and listen to it as well as I should have. after listening front to back in full shit is super dope. I always fucked w earl tho so At first I expected it to be harder. but now it's as dope as it could be. great album.

Tyler's wolf had to grow on me too, I liked it first listen but I really like it now hella more. glad I gave Doris another chance shit is all gas.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
^trash talk & the zombies been hanging out lately

some cutting room floor earl shit, pre-doris. hes almost done with his new album & already planning his next after that. hopefully that momentum comes thru & we hear him spitting like he wants to be in the booth lol.