OC Dre bootleg?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Well the man said it himself, that T-Mo repressed. He even said that he was hoping that there would be a difference between the two pressings, but there weren't.

It's easy to achieve the same exact look of he and the manufacturing company (Disc Makers (who presses for Sony) has the original masters on file. They simply repress them with the exact specs. That's how there would be no differences.

Man, thanks Flaimm. I forgot about that conversation/thread too.

Like I said I don't mind represses, but I won't pay more than $12. I don't care if it's the first time that an album dropped, was converted from tape to CD professionally either. I will still only pay $12 at most (before shipping). Not a dollar more.

I'm not going to get personal on this topic, but I will say that some of us need to stop making excuses. It is what it is. This O.C. Dre CD is a bootleg, I'm almost 100% sure that the T-Mo "Tribal Groove" is now, because of what the seller's original information about the CD. It is what it is.

All of this madness will stop once you stop lining the pockets of the people who are responsible for this madness. That's totally up to us who are in this community.

I'm out!

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
again that t-mo isnt a repress. ask t-mo yourself on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/tribal.groove.1?fref=ts

it is simply not possible to reconstruct a ringcode after 17 years in the 100% same way. even if you want it bad that this was a reprint but it still isnt, 100% og copies.if you know something about original cds and reprints, you will look at the t-mo cd and directly recognize its the real deal.
about the thread i explain it one more time, i called that guy back then it was sony d or mike b, i dont know why i said that it was t-mo himself,that thread is 5-6 years old, if i would have got t-mo represses back then , they would a) as we found out later defintily have a difference in the ringcode as nobody ever saw in this cd game a cd after so many years with an identical ringcode and an identical font, never not in even one case whatever i said back then, show me one proof that you ever saw a cd that was repressed looks 1000% identical, you will see its not possible and b) if you see it logical i wouldnt have waited 5-6 years to sell them.

Props: maddyson

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
It's easy to achieve the same exact look of he and the manufacturing company (Disc Makers (who presses for Sony) has the original masters on file. They simply repress them with the exact specs. That's how there would be no differences.

wrong sincere, call discmakers today and ask them how long they save masters.its something around 10 years. then next thing ask them how often dismakers change their fonts.they will tell you somethign between 5-7 years i think.
i know people dont trust what i say, but those t-mo copies re the 100% real deal, if you dont believe it then call dismakers and call t-mo or think about if you ever heard about a repress that looks 100% the same. so stop assuming things and start to research and you will find out.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com

wrong sincere, call discmakers today and ask them how long they save masters.its something around 10 years. then next thing ask them how often dismakers change their fonts.they will tell you somethign between 5-7 years i think.
i know people dont trust what i say, but those t-mo copies re the 100% real deal, if you dont believe it then call dismakers and call t-mo or think about if you ever heard about a repress that looks 100% the same. so stop assuming things and start to research and you will find out.
I hear you bro, but the time frames that you've just provided are within that "...around 10 years." time frame. The album released in 1997 and you said this around 2007, and you already had prior knowledge of the possibility of a repress before that thread from 2007 was created.

No hate nor spite was added to my view/interpretation of the situation. I'm just being honest about it. I'm not trying to create any illusions or throw anybody under the bus. The lord knows that I know how it is, but all of the math that you've provided does add to the unknown and suspicion.

I'm sure that you understand everybody's concern. Your past reputation of shady repress selling is well documented, granted that you have been trying to make good on those bad dealings/since admitting to it a little over a year ago. However, it's a hard path of redemption for anybody, not just you. Especially when a person is still creating new CD's today. Even with the honesty as of lately, people are still going to find that all of your new found treasures hard to believe. It is what it is. Wounds are still fresh in the collecting/music community. I just wanted to be honest with you about the math, the consistency of questions surrounding your new releases, finds and etc. Most people won't be honest about their speculation on this site, but I'm true to how I feel. I think that everybody does deserve a 2nd chance. Yet your past will hunt you. Believe me, the lord knows what I've done in real life. I've done fucked up shit to other people in my life and my actions still follow me everywhere I go within society today. My past has followed me during job interviews, job applications and whatever else you can think of. I have to reap it, because I sowed it.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Props: InDO

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
yes i do understand your concerns and i really dont want to put me in a position that you have to believe me now, thats not working, i lied in the past. i really like it when people stop assuming here and not just say something because someone said this or that. if you want to find out what is real or not, then just do a research yourself, its very easy and takes you like 10 minutes , then you will find out if the t-mo cd is a newer print or not. some people here re researching very well and thats the way it should be.

Props: sincere
May 22, 2002
thanks sincere for clearing up this situation.

the funny thing about this whole situation is that I sold my copy to ratatatati69 and he told me it wasn't the OG copy when he received it. Since I didn't know about the represses I asked him to shed some light into this situation, before I give him a refund. All of a sudden he was like: "no it's ok I'll sell it on eBay" and now he's sellin' a OC Dre that wasn't even mine. When I asked him about this thing he told me the version he is selling is the version I sold him. Which is obviously NOT the truth!

Props: maddyson
Dec 14, 2010
thanks sincere for clearing up this situation.

the funny thing about this whole situation is that I sold my copy to ratatatati69 and he told me it wasn't the OG copy when he received it. Since I didn't know about the represses I asked him to shed some light into this situation, before I give him a refund. All of a sudden he was like: "no it's ok I'll sell it on eBay" and now he's sellin' a OC Dre that wasn't even mine. When I asked him about this thing he told me the version he is selling is the version I sold him. Which is obviously NOT the truth!
LOL. It's like I sold a copy to one guy and he showed me pics of obviously different cd copy and said "condition is ugly... refund me" hahahjaajjajshjfahahahaj

Oct 15, 2004
I'm not hating bra I'm going off what you yourself typed years ago. And if all those CDs you have are original as you state, then what happened to the 1500 represses you claim he had made? And why would he repress 1500 copies if he still had a few hundred laying around for you already???

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
no im not seeing you as you re hating , dont worry but what do you guess ,it lays pretty much on hand or not ?
6 years ago i said that 1500 represses will be made and since 6 years not even one repress cd popped up. mike d never pressed them up, that happened. on the phone he told me they gonna look the same, thats what made me writing my post back then,
as we later found out thru all the repressing activities, its impossible for cds to look exactly the same.
last year i talked to sony b and asked him about the cd and t-mo, he didnt talk to t-mo since they did the album , the same situation for mike d, as i found out later stated by t-mo. funny thing is t-mo is holding all rights for that record, he just booked sony b and mike d , so if mike d would have repressed the album , it would have been a straight bootlegg, illegally made and not authorized by t-mo since they were not in contact and re still not !
t-mo is repairing and selling cars since years and really wouldnt have known anything about the hype about the cd or any represses if i wouldnt have told sony to search t-mo for me and did a deal with both.it worked out and t-mo still had originals and in addition to that a full unreleased vol.2 album which was recorded at the same time period which we re going to release now.

Last edited:

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
Psycho- post up a scan if you can. I cant see shit in those 2 pics of the bootlegs.

I got one of indos tribal grooves. It seems legit enough. Shrinkwrap looks like a 15 year old cd. I dont believe its impossible to duplicate a ringcode BUT t-mo is niche/obscure and the people bootlegging mobb shit have limited resources and you can only make so much profit off them. if the beatles catlog went oop and people were bootlegging them i think itd be different.

I have a hard time believing this is a perfect bootleg when we've never seen one. I dont see why ballin tribe would have a perfect blueprint of the album including ringcode on hand ready to replicate. Look at all the major label reissues with scanned covers and thats the cover... Shows they dont keep that shit. And if we saw perfect replicas id think itd be a major label album since they might have kept a better record of the specifics of the disk.

Who knows... I tend to think indos are real. I think he said it was a perfect copy in the pre ringcode awareness days. It also seems like a stretch for him or tmo to have done it as well as they did.... But who knows, i am a little suspicious.

Last edited:
Props: InDO