NYPD vs SMIFF n WESSUN/PETE ROCK crowd

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 9, 2009
Twitter was going wild this morning over this...
this was at the album release party last night.
apparently anyone caught filming on the ground was beat the fuck up!
lots of people were roughed up

well at least the album is dope.. pete rock smif n wessun MONUMENTAL

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
why that statue in the middle look like samuel l. jackson in black snake moan.

I'm gonna check this album out tho.

Apr 7, 2006
I was in the BX with Stik Gilatine & our folks from Cortlandt when we got blurped by them fuckers.. told me if I moved 1 more time they was shootin'...

I know cool story breh

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I haven't heard the album yet but I got it on the computer and will probably end up buying it like I do everything BCC related and with Pete Rock on there too, can't see how it will be weak. Not related to the thread but it's pretty crazy for such a big crew how long BCC has stayed together (for the most part) and constantly drop quality albums.

FUCK THE NYPD!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
True, that album cover is trash.....I just realized that I would've never heard about this album if they didn't get their asses beat by popo

I wish it would've been heltah skeltah instead of smif n wesson but whatever

Apr 25, 2002
didnt even know this album was in the works. i had that smiff and wesson album with "on the rise" and the pete rock cl smooth album, mecca and the soul brother. hopefully they bring it on this new album. i wonder why all this shit popped off, i doubt these fools probably in their early 40s were on some g shit

oh ok I saw the second video, a fight broke out, outside the venue

Apr 25, 2002
Pete Rock Gives Details Of Police Brutality At Album Release

http://theurbandaily.com/music/jbar...s-of-police-brutality-at-album-release-video/

On Tuesday June 28, 2011 Pete Rock, Smiff-N-Wessun and hundreds of their supporters gathered at in New York’s Lower East Side to celebrate the release of their album, Monumental. The night was marred by violence when members of the NYPD used excessive force to quell what they thought was an unruly crowd. However, eyewitness testimony and cell phone video tell a very different story. Pete Rock’s wife Shara Mchayle, their daughter Jade and several other patrons suffered injuries at hands of the police. Jade was arrested and detained in handcuffs overnight for trying to protect her mother from aggressive officers.

This afternoon Pete, Shara and their attorney Kenneth Montgomery held a press conference at Manhattan Criminal Court to shed light on the events of that night and to seek justice for those involved.

Pete Rock’s Lawyer Issues Statement On Police Brutality At Release Party

Pete Rock’s wife Shara McHayle has asked friends and supporters to gather at 100 Centre Street in New York, NY at 9am this morning to seek justice in the wake of the police misconduct at the Monumental album release party. Following is an official statement from the family’s lawyer, Kenneth Montgomery.

On Tuesday, June 28th, Pete Rock, Tek & Steele (of Smif N Wessun) were celebrating the release of their collaborative album, ‘Monumental.’ It was a peaceful gathering inside of a sold-out Tammany Hall (lower-east side Manhattan, NY) to see the group perform new music from the project. Earlier in the evening some guest wanted to enter the event but were turned away by the management and bouncers employed by the club. A minor argument ensued but eventually was diffused by the bouncers. Thirty minutes after that minor skirmish(no 61 or incident was ever filed by the club or bouncers) some 15-20 uniformed Police Officers from the 7th precinct arrived at the venue. When the officers arrived some of them entered the venue where they witnessed a peaceful environment, they quickly exited the venue and joined their fellow officers in the exit area of the venue. Upon joining their fellow Officer’s they all began to put on black leather gloves. At that time more uniformed officers arrived in marked rmp’s and exited their vehicles. The officers then hurried into the club and began macing and assaulting individuals inside the club, dragging one of them out and pummeling him directly in front of the club. Present at the event were artist, industry tastemakers, fans, photographers, and cameramen. Several people began filming and recording the unprovoked brutality much to the dismay of the police. The officers then began to mace and assault anyone within arms length, including several women. Their behavior was unjustified, unprovoked, and simply barbaric considering there was no provocation. Pete Rock, Tek and Steele fortunately were not harmed, however some of their friends & family were assaulted by the Police. The group’s attorney, Kenneth Montgomery, is addressing the situation now with local community leaders & is available for comment with more detailed information.

Kenneth Montgomery

917-770-5590

[email protected]