(NSFFB) Not Safe For Fat Bastards

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
IHOP Introduces Cheesecake Sandwiched by Pancakes

Cheesecake, meet pancake.

Weeks after KFC made headlines — not entirely celebratory — by stacking two pieces of chicken around bacon and cheese, IHOP is introducing a limited-time dessert featuring two pancakes sandwiching a layer of cheesecake.

IHOP's Pancake Stackers consist of a crustless cheesecake filling surrounded by two buttermilk pancakes and topped with a strawberry, blueberry or cinnamon apple compote and whipped topping. Pancake Stackers are available a la carte or with a combo meal, which adds eggs, hash browns and a choice of bacon, pork sausage links and ham to the tally.

And yes, the meal can be a diet buster.

The Glendale, Calif.-based company did not provide nutritional information for Pancake Stackers by themselves. But the company said the regular combo meal — which includes Pancake Stackers with strawberries, two eggs, bacon and hash browns — runs 1,250 calories.

That meal is more than double KFC's Double Down chicken sandwich — which weighs in at 540 calories — and at least half the total calories many adults should eat all day. It also packs 2,750 milligrams of sodium. The Institute of Medicine recommends that adults not exceed 2,300 milligrams of sodium a day.

"It's yet again another dietary disaster brought to you by fast food," said Susan Levin, a dietitian for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, which also has been critical of the Double Down.

The Double Down and Pancake Stackers come at a time when many chain restaurants are adding — and even bragging about — lower-calorie and lower-sodium menu options.

IHOP officials said their latest offering is just one of many choices on a menu that also includes lower-calorie items.

"It's an opportunity to give our guests another reason to come into IHOP," said Carolyn O'Keefe, IHOP's senior vice president of marketing. Stackers are available at participating IHOP restaurants nationwide through June 20. Individual restaurants will set prices.

Aug 24, 2003
i dont see wahts the big deal i go into a diabetic coma everytime i eat their stuffed french toast

+ bacon and whipped butter and syrup, that has to be at least 1250 calories as well, lol. actually i just looked it up and its worse

Cinnamon raisin french toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese filling, topped with cool strawberry
or your choice with whipped topping. Served with 2 eggs, hash browns, 2 bacon strips, or 2 sausage links

Jun 9, 2007
Some of the same people who demonize shit like this and the KFC Double Down, are the same people who think they're "eating healthy" by eating salads at the fast food joints... lol@that..

example, a Chicken BLT salad from Wendy's gets you 790 calories, 53 grams of fat, and 1,660 milligrams of sodium...

Tendercrisp Garden Salad from Burger King sets you back 670 calories, 1740 milligrams of sodium, 45 grams of fat and 85 milligrams of cholesterol

bottom line is, if you're gonna poison yourself with restaurant food instead of eating a home-cooked meal, you might as well eat shit that's cheap and tastes good instead of paying more for something you might think is "healthier" but tastes like shit.

and yes, I'm not an IHOP fan but I damn sure will be hittin it up for my cheesecake pancakes.

Aug 24, 2003
cut the horse shit bottom line, does ihop let you bring in foreign food?

cause im going to bring a double down sandwich up in there and i wanted it sandwiched in between my pancake stacker and i dont want any shit about it.

Aug 24, 2003
rose town ryda the idea of a mayonaise sandwich is so disgusting to me i cant even play that video, im dead serious about worrying about losing my lunch. ugghhhh that isnt even funny joking about.

but i just watched it anyway, lol it wasnt that bad. imagine some huge glops of mayonaise in between some white bread and squishing it together and then taking a bite, lol