Now Mistah Fab tryin' to bring the Hyphy Movement Back.... LOL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
take it back.
who remember dis shit ?? woo!

[video=youtube;jDN4gsTxVZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDN4gsTxVZo[/video]
[video=youtube;mLRCIja0Eb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLRCIja0Eb4[/video]
[video=youtube;W22od0HSci0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W22od0HSci0[/video]

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
extasy was a huge part of the hyphy movement and it clouds ur judgement and makes u think lame stuff is cool. once i stopped thizzin i realized how much 87% of that era stunk

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I like the song E 40 did.. where he says ghost ride the whip..
those were the days in 06.. getting drunk off henn and hyphy juice..
and playing basketball..and bumping that song
why do you always say weird shit? lol

you used to get drunk and listen to "Tell Me When To Go" while playing basketball? wtf

May 16, 2002
The Hyphy movement is the last thing that the Bay had to offer. It made enough noise that the industry took notice, but wanting to bring it back 5 to 6 years after it died is simply trying to reinvent the wheel. It didn't stop being popular just because, it stopped because the people no longer demanded it after recycled after recycled records and trying to shove stupidity down the throats of the music industry.

Notice how the industry viewed it. They looked, but kept their distance. It was never truly embraced outside the Bay Area. I'm speaking industry wise not the one dude & his handful of friends who live somewhere in the Midwest thinking the hyphy movement was spreading & attending hole in the wall shows. Trying to be a street team to get it off the ground out there.

The industry did not embrace it like they did the South Movement like, Slim Thug, Mike Jones, Paul Wall etc. Or how the industry embraced the G-Unit era. Yes, we can pick at what we believe to be flaws to try & discredit any of those things, radio included, but regardless of hateful opinions, we can't ignore that the world / music industry rather listen to the "garbage" that's being played on the radio today, than the garbage (in their eyes) they you keep trying to sell them over & over again. Simply because you dust it off, repaint it, pour sugar & top it off with a cherry, it doesn't stop being what it is underneath. And what's underneath, they don't want.

Sometimes we just need to accept the reality & let go of the past because that's where it belongs... in the past.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
that music was dummied down but notice how the stuff on the radio now is dummied down. Heard some song yesterday that had a sample of Hammer's song in it and niki manj. It was the most annoying peice of shit I ever heard. Switched stations right away becuase of it. Guess im just getting old cause I can relate to that crap.