NORTE GANGS IN SOUTHERN CALI ????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

LOOTER oF tHE NEW CHURCH

IGNORANT ASSHOLE PIECE OF SHIT
Apr 22, 2002
www.stevie-wonder.com
MaddDogg said:
A gang claims their turf with graffitti. They have colors or signs. Their reason for existence is criminal. They react with violence when intruders step foot on their turf, they jack unsuspecting citizens and usually sell drugs. Not only that, but typically they are heavily armed and don't beat around the bush when it comes to throwin down. Gangs also have crime patterns that rise and fall through time with the killing and incarceration of their members...these patterns stay higher than in normal areas.
DEAD ON

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
MaddDogg said:
I mean, peope may call themselves gangsters and wear all red, but they really dont do shit. They dont sell drugs, they dont jack people, they dont rob stores, they don't kill people, they dont retaliate in mass numbers, basically, they dont function as a gang. The bottom line is that wearing a color and throwing up a sign is one thing but doing something is another.
Exactly that Matt..

It's too easy nowadays to claim a "gang," but unless you're doing what's listed above, you're not a gangster..

Vamps
IX.

Aug 6, 2002
I lived in Hunnington Park area for like three months (not trying to state that I ran shit down there or started recruiting) but all the cholos down there knew what I was. they werent confused at all they all called me "nortonto" ( for non spanish speaking thats dumbass in spanish "tonto") and "estrella" (cause they say we see stars when we get hit) but N E ways they knew what I was on sight. they didnt confuse me with a blood or look at me like I was an alien. Honestly with the rise of the internet and norteno and sureno rappers everyone is getting too educated on gang lifestyle. EVERYONE IS QUICK TO ASSUME THAT LA IS ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALI IS ABOUT, AND THEY ASSUME THAT IF YOU WEAR RED OR BLUE THAT THAT MEANS YOUR BANGING. honestly the cholos down there didnt do anything to me, not cause I scared them or they were scared its just that they didnt give a fuck cause I was alone. but once some homies came to visit shit got real. shooting on both parts. and some ppl say crips talk down on nortenos but I kicked it with a couple that lived on 124th street in compton (I think). not saying they respected me to the fullest but prison ties are prison ties.

plus there were hella fake cholos down south. plenty of real ones though to pick up the slack, but nevertheless there were alot of fake ones. I lived by them and all they did was sit in front of the yard and play bullshit rap. rivals would come by and they both would argue like kids on a school yard. theyd park and go into a girls house and they others would be outside waiting. shit like that happens over here up north, yet alot ppl act like "down here youll get killed in a second" which wasnt the case alot of times from what I saw. Its just that down south the population is so huge everyone will remember the hundreds of murders but forget of the thousand bitch ups. theyll see the hundred of thousands of real cholos, and forget about the thousands of bitchmade cholos.

Jun 26, 2002
www.facebook.com
MaddDogg said:

Maybe there are gangs...I'm really not sure, its not like I roam through the streets of every 650 city and find out and tag them like dogs. My point is, I've been to all the hotspots in the 650, malls, shopping centers, several clubs, a few bars (shhh), several parks, and all the main strips around the towns. I have never seen a gang member present at any of these places...that's not to say that they don't exist...that's to say that the gangs you are describing meet under a different definition then gangs in criminal infested area.

A gang claims their turf with graffitti. They have colors or signs. Their reason for existence is criminal. They react with violence when intruders step foot on their turf, they jack unsuspecting citizens and usually sell drugs. Not only that, but typically they are heavily armed and don't beat around the bush when it comes to throwin down. Gangs also have crime patterns that rise and fall through time with the killing and incarceration of their members...these patterns stay higher than in normal areas.

Now, out of what I have seen or experienced, a "gang" in the 650 is typically a group of young whites and latinos, usually latinos (16-25) wearing a color (usually red) and talking a lot of shit about "where you from" or "what you claim," and not doing much to backup their points. They aren't armed (unless they aren't pulling their weapons during a confrontation which would make it pointless to carry anyways) or armed poorly with small bats or pocket knifes. They do graffitti, but it is usually where people don't pay much attention...i've yet to see a hood "sprayed up" like you would in the mission. Basically, they don't give people much trouble.

Now again, this is your typical 650 gang. Im sure there are a few gangs that DO hold their own and have their own turf. I've seen and met a few tongons but its news to me that they are considered a gang. This post was not meant to dump on the 650 and state that its full of suckas and fakes. It's really meant to distinguish my opinion of the difference of what is considered gang here and say Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Taking San Bruno as an example, this is a city that didn't have a murder for several years (example california crime index 2000 herehttp://justice.hdcdojnet.state.ca.us/cjsc_stats/prof00/41/11.pdf ) which is totally uncharacteristic of a gang related city. Look at the whole county, 10 homicides, whose whole CCI is almost 3 times less than the rest of California. Now of course, statistics are just numbers and some people feel they don't really reflect whats going on, imagine whats going on in L.A. then.

I havent heard about 5 homicides there...i remember hearing about 4 though that were killed at the same time but I don't remember it having to do with any gang shit.

Please don't get it twisted, there are real riders everywhere. I'll ride on someone if its serious...you don't have to be in a gang, you just gotta be down.

I also apologize if anyone feels I am dumping on their hood. Im from the 650 myself, I'm not affiliated with a gang, and I thought I'd bring up the point but me and everyone i know (mainly from Pacifica, Daly City, a few from South City) has never experienced any type of gang violence or gang problems...and we've roamed through quite a few places. This isn't to say that folks are punks, its to say that when I see a group of latinos wearing red walking around I walk right through them and dont have a problem, even if im wearing blue.

Ummm, ok.......So wachu tellin me You've lived in 650 for 18 years but never heard that EPA waz tha Murder Capital of tha Nation back in 1993........

And NO, not everywhere in 650 people aged from 16-25 or wuteva wear Red.......Come drive around East San Bruno and you'll see.......U live in Pacifica cuzzin, Dats like way up tha hill on tha other side.......

And how U gonna compare 650 to somewhere like L.A, L.A as a whole is a monster.......but even tha all mighty LA has its burbs......Some of tha richest burbs in da world I might add......

And Also, Aint no one dat claim around here hangin around malls or these wannabe clubs......If anyone wants to go to a club it would be in Frisco which is like 10 mins away......

And LOL @ all da fools sayin U need 2 kill and stay strapped at all times to be a member of a gang, Wats influencing yall? True, theres only 2 or 3 spots in North Cal that gangs are strate Terrorizing......But Wat happened to protecting yur community and its people while reppin it? Dats what people of 650 be doin 4 tha most part......Wahcyall doin? Compteting like its a game and murdering to get points? Cmon now......

Apr 25, 2002
Rodzilla said:

Ummm, ok.......So wachu tellin me You've lived in 650 for 18 years but never heard that EPA waz tha Murder Capital of tha Nation back in 1993........
Hence that was my exception...

[/B]
And NO, not everywhere in 650 people aged from 16-25 or wuteva wear Red.......Come drive around East San Bruno and you'll see.......U live in Pacifica cuzzin, Dats like way up tha hill on tha other side.......
You act like San Bruno and Pacifica are hundreds of miles away from each other. I spent quite a bit of time out there and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. I even worked out in San Bruno for four months earlier this summer...didn't see any sign of gangs except for tags in bathrooms. Maybe they do exist, like I said, I'm not the 650 gang expert, but if they do exist, they really aren't doing a lot of gang related shit.

And how U gonna compare 650 to somewhere like L.A, L.A as a whole is a monster.......but even tha all mighty LA has its burbs......Some of tha richest burbs in da world I might add......
Even the mighty LA does have its burbs...should we really be talking about burbs here? The 650 is one of the most expensive places to live in the world...

And LOL @ all da fools sayin U need 2 kill and stay strapped at all times to be a member of a gang, Wats influencing yall? True, theres only 2 or 3 spots in North Cal that gangs are strate Terrorizing......But Wat happened to protecting yur community and its people while reppin it? Dats what people of 650 be doin 4 tha most part......Wahcyall doin? Compteting like its a game and murdering to get points? Cmon now......
No, quite simply reminding the board that there is a connection between gangs and organized crime...usually, where there are gangs, there are high crime rates, where there isnt gangs, the crime rate is significantly lower than in gang turfs. I don't really understand what gangs in the 650 are protecting? Their turf? I mean, this is a beautiful place to live but its too far away for gang members in Frisco or Oakland to come claim...plus there really isn't a drug problem around here so there's not a huge market for drug dealers...

Apr 25, 2002
i guess growin up in Pacifica is different

depends on who you chilled with...there was a black gang in Pacifica for the longest WVC WEST VIEW CLICK or whatever...my folks was in it...and they were pretty damn deep

San Bruno....you know what every gang is by the age of 9...there ain't no new gangs here folks...it's all established neighborhoods and you don't live here to know what happens...and the 4 dudes who got killed OBVIOUSLY SURENOS and another one got popped out by Lomita Park last month...SHADOW i heard he was from 18th St in the Mission

in San Bruno when i was goin to high school...there was a gang related problem EVERY SINGLE FUCKIN DAY and when i was growin up before that the same thing...and that's just the shit i saw, imagine all the other drama...everyone in san bruno has been down with a gang or closely associated...at least the cats i know

if you didn't know San Bruno is in some serious funk with other cities gangs...i won't speak on this cus it ain't nobodys business but Rodzilla knows about the funk...shit ain't pretty...and it's gonna get worse...

and San Bruno prolly is the biggest sureno city in northern california, and also has a large Crip Population, and some bloods and nortenos...but they do they thang(surenos)...and don't get rode on too much...and it's completely surrouned by NOrteno cities

ohhh and SOuth San Francisco is (check it up) one of the most concentrated Norteno cities there is...Daly City also has two gangs...DCL(norteno) and RPB(blood gang) that i know of...i don't fuck with Daly City...just them East Side cats...

i prolly know of every hood in the 650.,..cus i roll with cats from just about every hood out here...and trust me there's a lot and dirt does go down

Jul 3, 2002
Thats real shit. All my homeboys from Frisco and SSF don't got no respect for SB. Automatically its SKRAP BRUNO. All the SB clicks always be funking with clicks from other cities. If you want to see territory all hit up go behind TANFORAN MALL and around that area behind the train tracks. "SUR X3" and "TCG" everywhere. Its kind of funny because Bruno is a Northern city, but its so fucking rare to be going through Bruno and see a NORTENO. There are hella Brown Priders and Surenos everywhere.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
Rodzilla said:
And LOL @ all da fools sayin U need 2 kill and stay strapped at all times to be a member of a gang, Wats influencing yall? True, theres only 2 or 3 spots in North Cal that gangs are strate Terrorizing......But Wat happened to protecting yur community and its people while reppin it? Dats what people of 650 be doin 4 tha most part......Wahcyall doin?
MaddDogg said:
I mean, peope may call themselves gangsters and wear all red, but they really dont do shit. They dont sell drugs, they dont jack people, they dont rob stores, they don't kill people, they dont retaliate in mass numbers, basically, they dont function as a gang. The bottom line is that wearing a color and throwing up a sign is one thing but doing something is another.

Vamps said:

It's too easy nowadays to claim a "gang," but unless you're doing what's listed above, you're not a gangster..
Rodzilla brought up a good point that you guys seem to have missed...not all gang members are violent and criminal all the time, or even the majority of the time. I would argue that even if they are relatively non-violent they are still gang members. They're still not making it and they're still turning to a dangerous lifestyle at a young age in an attempt to make it. Most people I know in gangs joined up at a young age (by junior high), and their primary goal was not to jack people and kill rivals. Their primary goal was larger, more important, and much more intangible than that....but jacking & killing became a side effect to reaching that goal. Not all of them had to do crimes...but I'd say they were still "gang members." Simply put, the majority of gang members don't seem to be violent and terrorizing. Big Oso Loc summed up that point and hit the nail square on the head (even if he did call them "cowards" and "bitches"). Yungstamatt also showed evidence for that point by indicating that gangs exist even in areas that don't have high crime rates. I'm not trying to say that less violent "gangsters" are not down for theirs if something goes down--but they're not actively putting in work violently & routinely.

MD, this goes against your point that the function of a gang is to rob/steal/criminalize/terrorize en masse. I disagree. To me, the function of a gang is to find friends, companionship, dignity, love, values, self-worth, and most of all, RESPECT in a situation where mainstream society gives you NONE.

Jacking and killing, like I said, are merely side effects of striving for those goals.

When you talk to people who have been bangin', they don't say all they wanted to do in life was to kill rivals. They don't say their big dream in life was to rob liquor stores and jack people on the street. They say they got into banging for the respect it brought them--respect they had to gain by earning bloody stripes because society gave them none in the first place.

So Vamps, I don't quite understand your distinction between violent gangsters and nonviolent "not a gangster"s....they're all affiliated...they're all striving for the same goals...none of them are making it in society...

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
I disagree completely..

Real ass gangsters goal is to go to prison and join a "higher power," as crazy as that sounds to you and me. The whole, "love, companionship, dignity, love, self-worth" shit is a fantasy. The shit psychologists on Oprah state for reasons people join a gang..

Look at any of the gangs who have gang injunctions placed on them, most recently Avenues last week. They weren't just an innocent group of people that wanted to be friends and hang out on the weekend..

There's people who kick it with gangsters that aren't in a gang themselves, but even they usually end up catching a bullet just for being in the wrong place at the right time, but being a gangster is more then just wearing a color or hitting people up occasionaly, regardless of where you live. It's a lifestyle and mentality that's either going to get you killed or locked up..

If you're a gangster and neither's happened, either you were incredibly luck and the rare exception or you really weren't banging as hard as you said you were, cuz like it or not, sooner or later shit comes back around..

Vamps
IX.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
Vamps said:
I disagree completely..

Real ass gangsters goal is to go to prison and join a "higher power," as crazy as that sounds to you and me. The whole, "love, companionship, dignity, love, self-worth" shit is a fantasy.
The reason you explained above doesn't sound crazy to me, but Vamps I think you and I are talking about two flip sides to the same coin. That "higher power" is to be part of a meaningful struggle, make a difference in the lives of others (fellow gangsters etc.), gain fame, gain RESPECT. My point is that these are things that ALL human beings want--its just that some who can't make it any other way turn to gangs to fulfill those needs. No different than you or me.

If you think "love, companionship, dignity, love, self-worth" sounds corny or phony then reduce it all to the one word respect, because that is the characteristic that produces all of the others. Dignity, love, and self-worth all arise out of self-respect and respect for/from others.

Look at any of the gangs who have gang injunctions placed on them, most recently Avenues last week. They weren't just an innocent group of people that wanted to be friends and hang out on the weekend..

Okay, but I don't think they're a group of people with jobs and educations and meaningful lives who decided that banging and dying was a whole lot better than making it straight in society. I think they came together because they couldn't reach that "higher power" in any other way.

Are you talking about the Avenues in Highland Park?

There's people who kick it with gangsters that aren't in a gang themselves, but even they usually end up catching a bullet just for being in the wrong place at the right time, but being a gangster is more then just wearing a color or hitting people up occasionaly, regardless of where you live. It's a lifestyle and mentality that's either going to get you killed or locked up..

If you're a gangster and neither's happened, either you were incredibly luck and the rare exception or you really weren't banging as hard as you said you were, cuz like it or not, sooner or later shit comes back around..

No doubt. And I agree with you about the existence of hardcore daily bangers, and the stragglers (those who get caught and lumped in at the wrong place & wrong time). However, as you indicated above, both "types" of "gangstas" are catchin bullets...so if we're trying to prevent a social problem, we should be looking at gangs less as a group of organized criminals, and more as a group of marginalized people who are pretty much trying to get what everyone else seeks, albeit in a risky, dangerous and ultimately fatal way.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
One more thing..

Vamps said:
Real ass gangsters goal is to go to prison and join a "higher power," as crazy as that sounds to you and me.
Vamps, do you think going to prison and joining a "higher power" is what the majority of gang members have in mind when they join up around junior high age?

Or are they looking for perhaps something else? Something more simple?

-S.

Apr 25, 2002
I agree with you that a lot of gangs members join for respect or even protection. What Im saying is one way or another, to gain that respect they become criminal. i don't know of very many gangs operating without criminal purposes...

This post could go on forever, I think the main disagreement that we are all gonna have is over what a gang really is...friends, companionship, dignity, love, values, self-worth can be achieved without gang membership. I guess I look at a lot of the non-violent gangs more as crews or clicks then an actual gang. Because I don't think you have to be a gang to defend yourself or your neighborhood, I see gangs as units of people organized around criminal purposes. I see people defending themselves and keeping their neighborhood up as a click, a group of homies whose purpose isnt criminal but defense.

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
Naw Solo, you took it the wrong way. By "higher power" I'm refering to the mafia, nothing else. Not some spiritual quest for self-worth..

If you've ever been shot, shot at or had someone close to you killed by cholos you might think differently of 'em, even if you're close to some..

Vamps
IX.

Apr 25, 2002
Rodzilla said:

lol....I dun think he's holdin it down at all....could prove me wrong tho....
Don't see why im not. I let it be known that im from there all the time, but I guess your saying that to hold it down you have to be in a gang or claim your area is full of gangs Im not, because that would just be lying.