Non-Rap Savagery

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
A lot of you cats think that the only savagery in music is found in gangster rap. I'm here to inform you otherwise. Stop sleeping and check out the following (go to Kazaa if you have to, you swivel eyed leeches):

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
(one of the most violent and most lyrical of all of Cave's opus. Especially check out STAGGER LEE or O'MALLEY'S BAR)

Ministry - Animositsomina
(Ministry still prove that they're the hardest and make all these dipped-ass metal bands appear as what they are: candy coated bubble gum glam-pop)

Tom Waits - Blood Money
(the ultimate revenge album, and typical drunken Tom Waits doing whiskey-soaked waltzes and funeral dirges)

Johnny Cash - Murder
(the inspiration behind Nick Cave's Murder Ballads album, and the man who made it cool to sing about shooting down a woman long before X-raided was kicking down doors and waving gats)

Industrial Fucking Strength Volume 4: Chillin is Killin
(the hardest speedcore and gabber, chock-full of samples from our favorite horror and mafia movies)

Get off your asses and put something else in your cd player besides the same tired shit. while i know we all love our gangsta shit, there's more to the world of music then just rap. Do yourself a favor and turn off the radio. Just because 94.9 or KMEL says that something is hot doesn't mean that it is.

May 8, 2002
As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing better then lighting a joint and smoking it while playing Tom Waits at full volume. His voice is completely shredded from drinking and smoking, and I think it adds to the overrall carnival atmosphere of his music. Plus, along with Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits is one of the greatest lyricists of our time.

May 8, 2002
^^It sure is. He ruined his vocal cords in about 1974, and he's had that distinctive sound ever since. You can actually hear the difference from one album to the next. In 1973, he had a soft, tender voice. A year later, it became raspy, and has only become more gravelly with the progression of time. Tom Waits is the perfect example of what constant exposure to drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes does to the body.