Nolan moving on after split with Broncos

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2006
The Denver Broncos and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan have agreed to part ways, and a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that Nolan is close to an agreement to take on the same role with the Miami Dolphins.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4837350

Heard about this yesterday, damn, that'll make the 5th D-Coordinator in 5 years. Denver's D wasn't all bad, wore down in the end, but the Offense wasn't piling up points either.

From what I been hearin is McDaniels and Nolan couldn't stand each other by the end of the season. Former Patriots assistant Dean Pees to take over position.

Mar 16, 2005
The Denver Broncos and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan have agreed to part ways, and a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that Nolan is close to an agreement to take on the same role with the Miami Dolphins.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4837350

Heard about this yesterday, damn, that'll make the 5th D-Coordinator in 5 years. Denver's D wasn't all bad, wore down in the end, but the Offense wasn't piling up points either.

From what I been hearin is McDaniels and Nolan couldn't stand each other by the end of the season. Former Patriots assistant Dean Pees to take over position.

its not that they couldnt stand eachother, it's that Mcdaniels wanted more control on playcalling because the d was sucking it up so bad, they met mcd said he wants more play calling nolan said he wants it so there you go.

Pees is what I think will happen also.

Oct 23, 2009
Looks like part of the reason why Nolan parted ways was so he could interview with the Dolphins and he got the job there now. I want to see what he can do with Joey Porter and Jason Taylor. He's more of a 3-4 scheme guy so I wonder if he's gonna shake up the whole defense like he did with SF and Denver.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4838908

Fewer than 24 hours after splitting from the Denver Broncos, Mike Nolan was hired by the Miami Dolphins to be their new defensive coordinator.

Nolan replaces Paul Pasqualoni, who was fired after the Dolphins' 7-9 season. They allowed 390 points, the third-highest total in the AFC.

The Broncos started the season 6-0 and were the talk of the league. Nolan received much of the credit as he turned around a defense that ranked near the bottom of the league in every major category in 2008.

Nolan's scheme shaved 7.8 points a game off a defense that surrendered 28 points a game the previous season.

Then the team went into a free fall, losing eight of its next 10 games to miss the postseason for a fourth straight year.

Nolan was the 49ers' head coach in 2005-08. He spent one year with Denver and has been a defensive coordinator with four other NFL teams: Baltimore (2002-04), the New York Jets (2000), Washington (1997-99) and the New York Giants (1993-96).

The Dolphins made another move Tuesday, hiring former New York Giants assistant coach Bill Sheridan as the inside linebackers coach.

Sheridan was fired two weeks ago as the Giants' defensive coordinator. In Miami he replaces George Edwards, who left after five seasons to become the Florida Gators' defensive coordinator.

Sheridan coached the Giants' linebackers in 2005-08 and was their defensive coordinator in 2009. The Giants gave up 427 points this season, third-worst in the NFL.

Oct 23, 2009
I think he's a great D-coordinator, he knows his shit. He got good production out of one of the worst defenses and knows how to recruit talent. He was just a sorry coach for the Niners. Maybe they should've hired Singletary as the HC and Nolan as the Defensive Coordinator.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
nolans garbage. broncos will do alot better without him
garbage as a D-coordinator?

he was a great D-coordinator in Baltimore before going to the Niners as a head coach

he took the Broncos from one of the worst defenses last year to the 7th ranked D in the league this season

he wasn't good as a head coach... but he can run a defense