No props for the town

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 20, 2002
Man i ran into this cat talking a gang of shit from frisco. I aint got nothing a against frisco cats but i mean wtf atleast know your history before talking about certain shit. Now the group 415 was the first muthafucka to even say 415 in a fucking song and rep that shit hard before muthafucking rappers from frisco were even thought of. This is back when the town (oakland) had the 415 area code. 2nd wtf is this shit in 40 quaterbackin video some dude with a fucking dred wiggin trying to dance like niggas from the town making us look dumb as hell. 3rd why is most of 40 main lingo from town cats mostly shit keak said hella long ago. 4th wtf is this shit now dont get me wrong but i like hyphy but come on now no props at all to the muthafuck who came up with the word (keak) which was back on hi tek album. 5th wtf 40 is not from oakland he from vallejo i seen aleast 2 dvds with him being interviewed saying e-40 with oakland,ca under his name, you got cats out of state thinking 40 from the town he came up with this and that. 6th wtf is this shit scrapper and whistle pipes where did the shit come from THE TOWN. Now everybody talking about that shit in there music. Man most of the shit you hear these day far as lingo and things going on started in oakland syde shows and all i mean just give props where its do is all i am saying. Muthafuckas talk down on oakland but love to take shit and start using it aint nothing wrong with that just let it be known where it came from.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
You are right. Maybe Oakland should break away from California and be its own state. Then it will get the credit it deserves.

Dec 20, 2003
I agree with you in alot of ways but if you talk to 40 he aint got nuthin but love for the town I think part of the reason the town aint gettin it props right now is cuz alot of the other cities are on a come up and makin some noize right now and the town has been kinda silent for a minute dont get me wrong I love the town and I got alot of homies out there and they will make a buzz again.As far as out of state people thinkin artist that aint from the town are from their is cuz thats all they know is Oakland and Frisco the major cities in the bay.The town paved the way for the bay and everyone knows it they just trin to blow they cities up to lets just support the bay as a whole Peace

Sep 12, 2002
just like in that mac dre video swoop had said he was gonna get a "flight to boston" and they stopped the whole video to define what a flight to boston is ("getting boss head") like they made that shit up.

but why i heard keak say getting a flight to boston in that song "real thuggz" on real talk 2000.

Niggas steal a lot of shit and act like it was theirs just like when a nigga gets caught in a stolo.

Jul 20, 2002
illmannered666 said:
Damn and here I thought IMP from Frisco had the first shit yelling 415 back in 87 with Gangsta Rock N Roll / Im Rollin
LOL. Honestly I think IMP repped 415 harder. The only reason Richie Rich and D-Loc repped it is because it was the area code of Oakland too. But us Frisco soldiers that were around in the early IMP, Hugh E MC days know wassup.

I never talk down on Oakland because Oakland has way tighter females than San Francisco in my opinion. I think when slang is used by other artists it's not out of stealing it, it's what the artist intended. Case in point E40 gave Keak da Sneak credit for coming up with Fa sheezy IN A SONG. Slang is only as good as more people start using it. If you are the only one who says it nobody will know what it means.

Apr 25, 2002
Since rap originated in NY, I want to see everybody who makes a rap video wear one of these in their video:

...and if you make a rap album? You gotta wear this on the cover.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
illmannered666 said:
Damn and here I thought IMP from Frisco had the first shit yelling 415 back in 87 with Gangsta Rock N Roll / Im Rollin
now thats some old school shit right there!

You know how it is in the bay, slang and shit will start in one place and move all over the bay till you got New York cats poppin their collars and doin the get low, everyone wants to copy the bays style.

Dec 2, 2003
Rap actually has it's true roots in California...the shit started wit spoken word poets in the Bay area...they was close to the Black Panther Party...when the BPP stretched out to the East Coast so did spoken words ryming poetry patterns...so put a mothafuckin Recognize Tha Bay T-Shirt on here and get your shit right...back to the thread 40 do, he be stealin hella slang and passin the shit as his own across tha globe...it's easy to be king of tha slang if you stealin tha shit from a whole area...That hyphee song is a funny thing because the Federation is from Alabama and they live in Sac...didn't know that made you bay, but I guess ain't nobody trippin off of that...That should have been a nigga from tha Town song...and Sac. ain't the Bay at all...it's gettin to a point now where niggas from the bay steal from niggas from the Bay so that niggas from NY can steal it from them...and then they bitch about it and don't mention tha niggas from tha Bay they ripped it from.

Apr 25, 2002
If you want to get into some shit about how rap evolved and what it came from you're going to go back and back to the beginning of music. Every kind of music evolved from something... But come on, who was making the first real rap music? People on the East Coast.