No NFL teams attend T.O.'s hyped workout

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
his negatives do not outweigh his positives, imo.

but i will say his return to the super bowl after that injury from the horse collar tackle is real high on the beasty scale, imo.

Mar 18, 2003
Sorry, but being live at a tryout and watching it on TV are two ENTIRELY different things. Any scout or recruiter will tell you that.
You're right, I agree. But my point is this: For a team to show up to this workout would be very telling of their current state for multiple reasons; he is a late-30's aged WR, has been problematic for teams in the past, and is coming off a serious knee injury. I really don't think any team wants to show their hand by attending for those reasons, because they would come off as desperate. What I think is happening here is there are some teams interested, but rather than attend the workout, they watched the stream to see if it was even worth working him out at their own facility. Do I think it is possible to tell from a video whether he is worth signing? Absolutely not. But I do believe you can watch a video and see if he is still currently affected by the injury, and from that, whether or not it is worth it to bring him in for a more thorough workout.

May 9, 2002
You're right, I agree. But my point is this: For a team to show up to this workout would be very telling of their current state for multiple reasons; he is a late-30's aged WR, has been problematic for teams in the past, and is coming off a serious knee injury. I really don't think any team wants to show their hand by attending for those reasons, because they would come off as desperate. What I think is happening here is there are some teams interested, but rather than attend the workout, they watched the stream to see if it was even worth working him out at their own facility. Do I think it is possible to tell from a video whether he is worth signing? Absolutely not. But I do believe you can watch a video and see if he is still currently affected by the injury, and from that, whether or not it is worth it to bring him in for a more thorough workout.
That, or NO NFL team has even the slightest bit of interest in him, which appears to be the case.