No black jurors on the Oscar Grant case

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
Jus theard on the news they struck all the african-American candidates for the jury on the OSCAR GRANT trial in LA...SMH. O-TOwn you might have to do what we did down here in '92, if there's no justice.

Feb 7, 2006
Most of the jurors are women, half are white the rest asian and latino, seems like they gon take that L for this case, a damn shame.

Dec 2, 2006
If the prosecutor does his job, it really is not hard to see. During the preliminary hearing one of the officers testified that Mehserle made a comment right after the shooting stating" I thought he was going for a gun." I would believe it could be a mistake but given the totality of circumstances, he is guilty of murder in the second degree.

If Mehserle thought Grant was reaching for a gun, lethal force would be an acceptable act. But Mehserle is claiming to have accidently grabbed his gun instead of his taser. My angle would be this given the defenses stance:

Mr. Grant was on his stomach face down. His hands looked to be behind his back. There were 2-3 other officers standing over him. What threat did he pose to Mehserle or his colleagues? This incident is a misuse of force which resulted in death. An accident would be worthy of manslaughter. This was an intentional mistake, not a negligent one given the totality of circumstances. His actions following the shooting and the inconsistent statements even after they had time to come with a story point towards guilt. He will atleast recieve a manslaughter conviction, imo.

this is obviously a short to the point argument. But believe your boy could put together a 20-25 page argument with supporting facts and cases to shit on the defense of Mehserle. This is the type of occasion I want the prosecution to win and serve justice.

Jan 5, 2006
They know what theyre up against.. if he's acquitted there will be an outrage and huge riot.. from Oakland thru LA and down South all the way to NYC.
theres no justice, its just us. In fact, watchin your back it be must

Jul 25, 2007
They know what theyre up against.. if he's acquitted there will be an outrage and huge riot.. from Oakland thru LA and down South all the way to NYC.
If thats the case, im bout to make a wish list and slap this in my iPod!

May 4, 2002
if that's the case, smash on the police and let them know the people wont take this kinda shit anymore. dont take it out on business who had nothing to with the killing

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
there will be no riot. i think people are to scared these days because the government has its foot down on our rights so tight

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
they basically tellen us that the "white ppl" on a jury can be impartial, but any "black ppl" will be biased... smh @ these racist.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
God bless the American justice systems...

Once again they do somthing to build up the trust of us minorites...:paranoid:

And they wonder why poor people dont trust them and never want to cooperate with their fuckin investigation.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
If the prosecutor does his job, it really is not hard to see. During the preliminary hearing one of the officers testified that Mehserle made a comment right after the shooting stating" I thought he was going for a gun." I would believe it could be a mistake but given the totality of circumstances, he is guilty of murder in the second degree.

If Mehserle thought Grant was reaching for a gun, lethal force would be an acceptable act. But Mehserle is claiming to have accidently grabbed his gun instead of his taser. My angle would be this given the defenses stance:

Mr. Grant was on his stomach face down. His hands looked to be behind his back. There were 2-3 other officers standing over him. What threat did he pose to Mehserle or his colleagues? This incident is a misuse of force which resulted in death. An accident would be worthy of manslaughter. This was an intentional mistake, not a negligent one given the totality of circumstances. His actions following the shooting and the inconsistent statements even after they had time to come with a story point towards guilt. He will atleast recieve a manslaughter conviction, imo.

this is obviously a short to the point argument. But believe your boy could put together a 20-25 page argument with supporting facts and cases to shit on the defense of Mehserle. This is the type of occasion I want the prosecution to win and serve justice.
I agree with what you are saying and am wondering how would you feel if he was only convicted of manslaughter? Everyone knows that if he gets off clean it is some BS but it seems like a lot of people would be just as pissed off if it was manslaughter.

edit: I was just reading what you said again and really police need to treat a taser like a dangerous weapon because it is. I think they have started to over use it why would you need to tase someone that fulley restrained? IF this was a mistake (that is hard to believe) it would have never happened if police were more selective about when to tase someone.
there will be no riot. i think people are to scared these days because the government has its foot down on our rights so tight
Did you see what happened right after the whole ting? All the marches where they were burning cars and looting stores? If he isn't convicted there will be riots in Oakland but they really need to direct the violence to something other than local businesses they should be looting the and burning down the BART headquarters.