Nnutthowze FundAnything Campaign

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Seems a little janky to me. Would probably have better success if he had "incentives" for people. Granted, they would cut into the "profits", but... yeah. Donate $20, get a free download of the album when he puts it out. Donate $40, get it on CD, etc. Looks like he's wanting to take money from the fans to get the project done, then going to expect them to shell out money again to buy it.

Not to mention that I've heard from someone who has an in with several local artists and producers, that he has the necessary equipment just sitting in his basement.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Couldn't he work something out with Tech?

If he doesn't get Tech on the same page or at least interested in releasing the old stuff, it kind of looks to me like crowd funding is a desperate move to make some money, and not simply to have all parties benefit.

Strange could remaster this shit in a very short period of time and have it as a digital download or pressed cd long before crowd funding would do the same.

If it's just IcyRoc, then it's just a marketing scheme.

Now, I know none of the particulars, so what I'm saying is based only on my perspective. I'm sure there's more to it than that, or at least I hope there is.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2009
IcyRoc drops by the chat on TRTN every now and then. From what he's said on there, my understanding is that for a while he tried to work a deal with Tech to do exactly what you're talking about, but for whatever reason an agreement was never reached. I'd guess either Tech wasn't sold on the idea of releasing it, or IcyRoc was asking for too much money or something.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
That's the thing. Icy Roc has said for years that he was only going to put it out if him and Tech could sit down and make sure that everyone got their fair cut and what not. However, Tech has taken the stance that he doesn't want this material released because "it sucks" (because he was young and not so polished and such). So... it's weird that after years of Roc saying he'd only put it out if Tech were involved... now he's trying to put it out himself. $50,000 for "necessary equipment" seems pretty damn steep, even if some of that is pressing costs for actual CDs or what have you.

Sep 30, 2002
This entire idea rubs me the wrong way. I first had a conversation with IcyRoc about this material in 2003 at 7th heaven in KC. I was interested in buying it when Tech's buzz was relatively small. I made him a substantial offer that he turned down because he "never" wanted it to see the light of day unless Tech and Travis made him a deal on it. He then said he would burn it if they didn't do something soon. After it seemed that they had all made amends... Especially with IcyRoc doing some work with Kaliko recently so I expected this material to come out but NOT like this.

Nov 17, 2009
Only $10 donated so far, and the "admins" on TRTN are deleting any thread mentioning this... Probably safe to say it's not going to happen.

Aug 27, 2007
fuck this dude and his attempt to make 50K off of tech's fanbase. happy, but not surprised to see this failing so hard.

what a substantial figure to pull out of your ass though...in this day & age, anyone w/these tapes could get all "equipment" necessary to transfer/clean-up old material for $49,000 less than this clown is scamming.

Jan 16, 2007
I would make a donation for the records as soon as an official donation page goes live on TRT9.com until then, it's clearly he's trying to profit off of someone else's name.