NL Cy Young Award goes to Lincecum

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Nah... the Raiders and the Niners are gonna play each other in the Super Bowl... this season... and Keak Da Sneak is gonna do the halftime show

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Congrats that is one dude I actually like on a bay team in sports!! hahah!! Well deserved!! See I aint always bad!! hahah Got Em!!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
^^To bad cause I do and I liked him from the jump!! I had him on my fantasy his rookie year and this past year!! Dude is dope! Its to bad he will be in futility as long as he is on the Midgets though!! Hahah!! Got Em!!

May 17, 2004
mike wilbon is a fucking moron.

he said lincecum should have finished 4th or 5th in cy young voting. thank god the people who vote arent all as fucking retarded as him.

Nov 26, 2006
Lincecum named MLB 2K9 cover athlete

By Jon Robinson
(Archive)

Updated: November 11, 2008, 4:26 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

2K Sports has signed Cy Young award winner Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants to appear on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K9.

"Winning the Cy Young Award is truly an amazing honor, and now having the opportunity to be on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K9 is another dream come true and an absolutely surreal experience," says Lincecum. "Whenever I'm hanging out at home or traveling on the road, you can find me playing video games, and I'm definitely the best gamer in the clubhouse by far. I'm incredibly stoked that 2K Sports picked me to represent Major League Baseball 2K9, and I look forward to lending my baseball knowledge to the development process."

Adds Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K: "Tim is a special player and has the best stuff in baseball. We couldn't have selected a more naturally talented and exciting player to represent Major League Baseball 2K9 next season, and given that he's an avid gamer, it will be a lot of fun working together.

"We look forward to continuing to provide fans with the most authentic and high quality gameplay experience that we bring to all of our sports titles."

MLB 2K9 is being developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, and is not yet rated by the ESRB. The game will be available in early 2009 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, and Wii.

May 9, 2002
wins is not a fair assessment of how good a pitcher is...thats runs support. More important is Ks, ERA, & WHIP
Brandon Webb's WHIP was lower than Linecum's.

I think the deciding factor was age. Ty did all this at 24, when everyone else was at least 5 years or older.

However, winning 20 games, IMO, should be near automatic CY win, only becuase it MAY happen once a year..or not at all.

Either way, the Mariners past up Ty for Brandon Morrow. As of right now, that was a bad move. Maybe Morrow, as a full time starter next year, will proce the pass-up as OK.

Apr 13, 2006
Lincecum named MLB 2K9 cover athlete

By Jon Robinson
(Archive)

Updated: November 11, 2008, 4:26 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

2K Sports has signed Cy Young award winner Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants to appear on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K9.

"Winning the Cy Young Award is truly an amazing honor, and now having the opportunity to be on the cover of Major League Baseball 2K9 is another dream come true and an absolutely surreal experience," says Lincecum. "Whenever I'm hanging out at home or traveling on the road, you can find me playing video games, and I'm definitely the best gamer in the clubhouse by far. I'm incredibly stoked that 2K Sports picked me to represent Major League Baseball 2K9, and I look forward to lending my baseball knowledge to the development process."

Adds Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K: "Tim is a special player and has the best stuff in baseball. We couldn't have selected a more naturally talented and exciting player to represent Major League Baseball 2K9 next season, and given that he's an avid gamer, it will be a lot of fun working together.

"We look forward to continuing to provide fans with the most authentic and high quality gameplay experience that we bring to all of our sports titles."

MLB 2K9 is being developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, and is not yet rated by the ESRB. The game will be available in early 2009 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, and Wii.

nice

Jun 12, 2003

I think the deciding factor was age. Ty did all this at 24, when everyone else was at least 5 years or older.

However, winning 20 games, IMO, should be near automatic CY win, only becuase it MAY happen once a year..or not at all.

Either way, the Mariners past up Ty for Brandon Morrow. As of right now, that was a bad move. Maybe Morrow, as a full time starter next year, will proce the pass-up as OK.
he won cuz the giants sucked this year with only 2 or 3 runs 2 play with a game lincecum still got the job done..also webb got plenty of run support to work with..az got a great offense compared 2 the giants which the hr leader had i think 16 jacks lol by the catcher molina..az had maybe at least 5 guys wit 20 hrs..i am giants fan 2..jus stating the facts why lincecum won the cy young this year well deserved

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003

I thought it was between only Lincecum & Santana!! They by far were the best 2 pithcers in the NL. I mean C.C. didnt have enough starts. But as for the other 2 I think they were far better than Webb!! And if our shitty ass bullpen didnt blow like 8 of Santana's starts he would have won it easy!!! But again Im definitely ok with Lincy win in it!! Got Em!!

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/78971-in-a-close-racelincecum-is-the-thoroughbred

From the bleacherreport:

"Lincecum should have 23 wins and two less losses, period. That does not include the misplay in Arizona. His bullpen gave up five of them and if Webb’s had held his he would have 24. That is one more “would have wins” than Lincecum, how does everything else look now?

Tim’s era with men on base is another statistic that goes to show how much ability he has in the tough and stressful situations. Tim also had two games in which his team was shutout; neither Webb nor Santana had such starts.

At this point, Webb is out of the discussion. Santana is the only one that deserves consideration as much as Lincecum. His numbers are excellent and he had as many blown wins as Lincecum. Santana is an amazing pitcher. Both pitchers numbers are close across the board. Lincecum has dominated and dazzled with slightly better numbers and the same hard luck"