Nio the Gift: Angels and Demons- What is the problem Bay Area Rap fans....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
IMO, this man got it. This song right here is probably the best song I have heard in years. Locksmith and Erk the Jerk have a few hot joints too. Why isn't this man at forefront of the Bay movement so many are desperate for? If we buy, they will come....[video=youtube;t_KU3RRguIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KU3RRguIs[/video]

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I'd prop you if I could...

Bay area rap fans are too busy bitchin about Lil B & V-Nasty.

Nio the gift been perfecting his style & has tremendous talent, mainstream talent.

I know he has some knowledgeable cats in his corner, I'd like to see their brain power & industry connections come together on this dude right here.

In my opinion, this dude been one of the bays rawest up & comers running the frontline for the bay for a minute.

I definitely wish dude the best success, & would like to see him on a national / international level.

Dec 2, 2006
I'd prop you if I could...

Bay area rap fans are too busy bitchin about Lil B & V-Nasty.

Nio the gift been perfecting his style & has tremendous talent, mainstream talent.

I know he has some knowledgeable cats in his corner, I'd like to see their brain power & industry connections come together on this dude right here.

In my opinion, this dude been one of the bays rawest up & comers running the frontline for the bay for a minute.

I definitely wish dude the best success, & would like to see him on a national / international level.
That's a trip, I can't prop you either. I really dont listen to too much rap these days but I think I have an ear for talent and don't get how dudes like this get overlooked. What more does an artist have to do besides sit in jail or be dead before the fans in Bay Area get behind their artists? Hopefully they get it together for him. There are many ways to obtain free help for the ground work that takes time and man hours to push an artist of this caliber.

Anyone know if there is a clean version of this song or if he has any radio friendly joints?

Apr 20, 2005
i dont think its just the bay thats struggling to get in the spotlight. its the whole west. sd & l.a. as well. LA mc's are starting to sneak in tho. i think alot of westcoast artists are really inconsistent. a dope rapper from the west will drop an album and just disappear from the face of hip hop. consistency and accessibility is very much needed in the west. and make it easier to download ur shit. put it out on the net. cuz people like me will not pay for ur music. yeah buddy. i keeps personally mixed cd's in my ride. and dj's need to die or shut up. trap-a-holics for example. real trap shit! damm son where u find this? and y the volume on the tags 3 times louder than the song? god damm!

Jul 4, 2011
There's a lot of dope Bay artists right now. They're just not what most people on this board want to listen to, which is mobb music. To be successful in the bay, you have to be able to walk the line between mobb and lyrical; you need the support of the streets and the underground heads. It's only a handful of Bay rappers that can do that well (namely The Jacka)... most Bay rappers are either one (Livewire, DB Tha General, Bearfaced, etc) or the other (Moe Green, Locksmith, Erk Tha Jerk, etc) or they're swag rappers/alternative rappers (HBK, Show Banga, Main Attrakionz, etc). The only Bay newcomers that are able to walk the line between mobb and lyrical while remaining true to themselves are rappers like Young Gully, DaVinci, Los Rakas, etc. More than other places, the streets play a very large role in deciding which acts from the Bay Area are supported across the Bay. The Jacka has been as successful as he is because he has the support of the streets... same with J. Stalin, E-40, Too Short, etc. Without that, you won't be going nowhere in the Bay. The problem though is that the rest of the country isn't interested in hearing the streets, they're interested in hearing the trend of the week, which never includes mobb rappers or lyrical rappers. To put it simply, there's no big market out there for Bay rappers; the market's right here in the Bay and similar minded places like KC, Houston, etc.

As far as blowing up on a regional level though, I agree with you... there needs to be more of a conscious push from the fans to support the artists (i.e. buy their albums and go to their concerts) than there is right now. Rappers as talented as Gully, Da Vinci, Nio Tha Gift, etc should be household names in the Bay Area, not confined to people in the know.

Sep 25, 2008
Refer to the Why Bay Area Rappers Never Make It thread.

I feel you though on that one OP; Nio Tha Gift, Locksmith, Erk Tha Jerk, A-Wax all have potential. There's others I think have the potential to get on a mainstream level as well, but won't get into that. These are the Bay Area artists that I bump/support.

For the longest, I've seen on these boards where people talk about The Jacka and how he's gonna bring the Bay back or put it on the map. Don't get me wrong, I bump The Jacka and been a fan since the C-Bo presents Mob Figaz album and his self titled album, but I feel that he's overrated on here. Plus I've been livin' outside of the Bay for the past 12 years so if he's gettin' good support, great, but there's other artists like the ones mentioned in the OP that should be gettin' similar support.

Locksmith just put out Embedded with Ski Beatz so hope that was a good look for him. A-Wax been on Konvict for a minute without an album yet. He's had some mixtapes which were coo, but you can only drop so many mixtapes before fans want to hear an album so hopefully that YG Hootie collab is dope. Erk Tha Jerk's album was aight, some stuff was heard on prior mixtapes already.

Right now, out of the new cats comin' out the Bay, Young Gully is the only one I'm feelin'. That David album knock.

Jul 20, 2010
its not the region its not the artists the talent is here in the bay but my.humble opinion is this

1) the djs and managers try an be bigger then the artist
2) greed
3) i find it funny everyone pays the same ppl for promotion management services over and over but they have never successfully put somebody on on a national level why would you spend money on somebody for the same results as everyone else you spend money in the bay your going to stay in the bay
4)artists are afraid to get outshined onthe west so they dont help the next artist
5) with kee as my artist ive been to alot of record label meetings and ive taken one thing away every time west coast artists are a liability why are they gonna spend a mill on a west artist who is "gang bangin" still in the streets who has the possibilty to get locked up on any given moment capitol told me they thru a nipsey show the cops raided it took 67 ppl in on warrents they lost money jay rock g maline both signed to.a major and a huge indie labels combined didnt sell over 10k records

May 8, 2011
The only Bay newcomers that are able to walk the line between mobb and lyrical while remaining true to themselves are rappers like Young Gully, DaVinci, Los Rakas, etc.
Funny I didnt know Los Rakas walked the line between Mobb and Lyrical and they are my artists. Have you ever even heard them rap in english besides the E40 song i just posted on here or on a Krypto song? Good look on including them but their music cant be lumped into that and their reach is making it much farther than the bay already. We aint in any kind of rush to make it like everybody else. We dont need the money. We are gonna keep building a strong international fanbase until they are ready to sign with a company. I have an artist that im about to unleash on yall that I feel bridges the gap and covers all bases that you included in your messages stay tuned.

PS I agree that Nio is dope as fuck but the shit dont happen over night.

Jul 4, 2011
Funny I didnt know Los Rakas walked the line between Mobb and Lyrical and they are my artists. Have you ever even heard them rap in english besides the E40 song i just posted on here or on a Krypto song? Good look on including them but their music cant be lumped into that and their reach is making it much farther than the bay already. We aint in any kind of rush to make it like everybody else. We dont need the money. We are gonna keep building a strong international fanbase until they are ready to sign with a company. I have an artist that im about to unleash on yall that I feel bridges the gap and covers all bases that you included in your messages stay tuned.
I bought the EP they put out last year and I got the first Panabay mixtape. Songs like this:

[video=youtube;FLbknc86SIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLbknc86SIQ[/video]

[video=youtube;rj3p66JnUPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj3p66JnUPA[/video]

[video=youtube;uDSv99a3luo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDSv99a3luo[/video]

Are what I'm talking about. They're not mobb rappers per say, but they're not backpack either. They're in the middle, which is what I was saying. They make songs for the streets but they're more than street rappers.

May 8, 2011
I feel you Mac. Thanks for supporting the Raka movement. You will love the Danked Out "Reloaded" album coming in April.

PS we like to call it panabay if it needs its own category.

May 5, 2005
Nio is dope, and from what I've heard from the suckas around the bay is that he sounds "Too East Coast". Too many people out here are stuck in the 90s and want that "Mobb shit" that is so played out it's not even funny. Nobody want's to hear that shit anywhere else but right here in the bay area and even then I'm not so sure it's anybody outside this forum. Personally I never liked that sound and it was always corny to me. Nio has nationwide appeal along with Erk the Jerk, Kaz Kyzah and a few others. They are willing to use dope beats and not worried about staying confined to the Bay Area's stereotypical sound which to me is wack ass beats.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Nice track, good that he gave a shoutout to eazy as well. Liked all his lyric expect for mentioning scarface, this shit is so overused it's not funny.

Does this dude sing his bridge? cause if he does, he has a good singing voice to.

I think having the right people around him, he could easily make it commercially.

also, nice use of 'I just died in your arms tonight' hehe

and

he should probably stop emphasising on his breath at the end of a few words, that eh, eh sound makes him feel lethargic and actually does give him a slight east coast sound.

Nio is fucking awesome, since the day that album dropped its been in steady rotation.
I also was wondering after that dropped why it wasnt more popular? Well worth the money imo, there was not a bad song on the whole thing.

Moeses Soulright The 2nd, Nio The Gift, Locksmith, Peplove and SB I find all to be crazy underrated.