Niners resign Ahmed Plummer!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms on a five-year contract with cornerback Ahmed Plummer.

“We are ecstatic today about the signing of Ahmed Plummer. We are very thrilled about the fact that Ahmed is returning back to the team. He was a vital part of our long term strategic plan and part of what we signed for this off season," Terry Donahue said. "I think the fact that Ahmed along with another first round pick Mike Rumph in the secondary in the corner position is a very good and healthy thing for the organization."

Plummer has started 59-of-61 games in his four-year career. The 6-0, 191-pounder was drafted by the 49ers in the first round (No. 24 overall) in the 2000 draft. In 2003, Plummer started 15 games and led San Francisco with 17 passes defensed.

“Having Ahmed back is a great signing for us,” 49ers Head Coach Dennis Erickson said. “It keeps our secondary and defense together. Dr. York and Terry did a great job of bringing him back.”

Plummer has recorded 12 interceptions and 47 passes defensed in his career. He led San Francisco with a CAREER-HIGH seven interceptions in 2001.

A highly coveted free agent, Plummer had negotiations with the Detroit Lions and multiple other teams before deciding upon his return to San Francisco.

“It was the young talent that we have here. We did lose some guys who are very talented and who have done some great things in the NFL and some of the guys still there are guys that you can win with, and they made that clear," PLummer said. "Sometimes it can be very easy to get blinded by the big name stars and not remember the guys who are about to sign and guys who are about to come into there own and that is what I saw after talking to the Jamie Winborns, and we got Julian (Peterson) we have Andre Carter, we have Tony Parrish coming back and so the defense really looks strong.

"On offense we talked about that we have some young players if you look at Cedrick Wilson, guys who have shown that they can play at this level, (Kevan) Barlow we just resigned him and over the course of starting four games he had over a 1000 yards and that goes to show that we do have talent there on the offense. It is going to take some work but they felt that I was a big part of what they were trying to do and I agreed and I agreed that I could help them.”

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Plummer had a fucked up year.
He was one of our better corners but he had a lousy year this past season. Even Rumph had a better year, siginin him and letting go of Webster is a bad mistake.
Fuck Donahue and York....

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Anybody remember that game when the Niners came back to beat the Giants in the playoffs a few years ago? Plummer was getting worked alll game by Toomer. Plummer gave up like three touchdowns in the first half. Plummer is not that good.

May 8, 2002
Tony said:
Anybody remember that game when the Niners came back to beat the Giants in the playoffs a few years ago? Plummer was getting worked alll game by Toomer. Plummer gave up like three touchdowns in the first half. Plummer is not that good.
I also remember his halftime adjustment that did not allow Toomer anything in the 2nd half...Hey didnt the Niners win that game too? lol!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
TONE DOG THE 01 said:
I also remember his halftime adjustment that did not allow Toomer anything in the 2nd half...Hey didnt the Niners win that game too? lol!
Yep and because of that "adjustment" Shockey started to get left open because the safety had to come and help boo-boo Plummer out. Shockey dropped a wide open touchdown pass. Who won and didn't win isn't the point. The point is that Plummber isn't that good of a corner.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
8 receptions 136 yards 17.0 average 46 yard longest pass caught and 3 touchdowns all by Amani Toomer. I remember when the Saints played against the Niners at the stick and Joe Horn was workin' Plummer in man coverage too!

May 8, 2002
Tony said:
8 receptions 136 yards 17.0 average 46 yard longest pass caught and 3 touchdowns all by Amani Toomer. I remember when the Saints played against the Niners at the stick and Joe Horn was workin' Plummer in man coverage too!
LOL! C'mon man that is weak! Plummer didnt cover Toomer the whole game and what is worse about having a day like that is when you lose! So yes it does matter. Joe Horn is washed up and Plummer is still and will be a good corner! Better than any Aints corner!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
TONE DOG THE 01 said:
LOL! C'mon man that is weak! Plummer didnt cover Toomer the whole game and what is worse about having a day like that is when you lose! So yes it does matter. Joe Horn is washed up and Plummer is still and will be a good corner! Better than any Aints corner!
You're just saying that because he re-signed with the Niners. If he didn't then you'd be like he wasn't that good anyway. Did you notice how non of his former coaches went after him while he was a free-agent? Mooch needed a corner and didn't look his way. Jim Mora in Atlanta is in need of some corner back help but didn't look Plummer's way. Why? Because they both coached him and they know he's not that good. And about Plummer not covering Toomer the whole game... I see why because he was getting worked. I'd take Plummer off of Toomer too especially because he was averaging 17 yards a catch! Dale Carter is a better corner than Plummer. Like I said "Plummer gets worked" in man coverage. When was the last time you heard of Dale giving it up like that?

And about Joe Horn being washed up... come on now. He was injured the last game and didn't get to play. But he still had 973 yards with 10 touchdowns (4 coming in one game). I wouldn't call a receiver that scored 4 TD's in one game washed up!

May 8, 2002
Plummer was about to sign with the Lions but the Niners were able to retain him at the last second so what are you talking about? Joe Horn needs to pursue a future in crank calling cause that is all he is good for on the field! Dale Carter got burnt by crack many times and has lost a few steps in his game since returning! They are noone special mayn!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
TONE DOG THE 01 said:
Plummer was about to sign with the Lions but the Niners were able to retain him at the last second so what are you talking about? Joe Horn needs to pursue a future in crank calling cause that is all he is good for on the field! Dale Carter got burnt by crack many times and has lost a few steps in his game since returning! They are noone special mayn!
It sure didn't look like he lost a step when he leveled your tight end and took him out for the whole season!

May 14, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Niners resign Ahmed Plummer!

Quick said:
BEING RELEASED AND CUT IS REALLY RUNNING AWAY...........
the minute the word got out of owens and garcia not being with the squad everyone wanted out face it theres a new dipshit owner in the bay and his name is john york.............oh yeah remember this quote "why cant the players play offense and defense so we can save money"---------yup john york

May 8, 2002
LIL CEEZ MAKIN GEEZ said:
the minute the word got out of owens and garcia not being with the squad everyone wanted out face it theres a new dipshit owner in the bay and his name is john york.............oh yeah remember this quote "why cant the players play offense and defense so we can save money"---------yup john york
Yes John York is a cheap ass but sooner or later we would need to rebuild on offense. And now is that time. We will be OK so dont count out the Niners just yet!

Apr 25, 2002
Tony you have so much hatred towards Ahmed Plummer it's just sad. especially since it all stemmed from your experiences with his character in Madden. like i told your dumbass before, Plummer DID NOT cover Toomer the whole game, and it was not bcuz he got "burnt." Plummer was playing the left side, which means if Toomer lined up on the right Plummer was not covering him.

and wut gets me is you like to type your bullshit when you know very well you have no clue wut you're talking about. Plummer was offered deals by numerous teams, including Atlanta and Detroit (both coached by former Niner coaches). he was real close to accepting a deal with Mooch in Detroit, but he WANTED to stay in SF and they made him a legitimate offer.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Either way, Plummer ain't the player he used to be.
And yes I dare say he sucks! At least judging him from this previous year.
Tony's got a point, he ain't as good as many think he is. He certainly isn't worth all that money we paid his ass.
Bad investment....
And I thought Donahue was gonna play his cards closer this time....

Apr 25, 2002
Plummer is a very good CB, and Tony can recall one game and one game ONLY where any one receiver got those stats off the Niners' secondary. and Plummer didnt even cover his ass half the time. not to mention he is young and only getting better. and were you watching the games last year homeboy? Plummer didnt have a bad season at all. the Niners as a whole had a bad season, but Ahmed Plummer did just fine. sum people dont see eye to eye, and i expect a Niner hater like Tony to say Ahmed Plummer sucks, but i dont see where you're coming from at all. just like the Niner fan who thought Jeff Garcia sucked.... i just dont see where you're coming from.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Miggidy is a niner fan and he's keeping it real. If Plummer is your number one shut down corner you're in trouble. If the Niners bring pressure then he'll pick off a few passes because he'll be sitting in a zone but if he's playing the opponents best receiver in man coverage he's going to get worked. He be gettting hella pass interference calls. Who remembers that monday night against Philly when Philly's quarterback messed up his elbow? Yep. Plummber and that secondary was gettin' worked. Plummer isn't that good. Bad investment like Miggidy said!