Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
it took Alex 5 years to show a "bit of light", theres no way u can say any player entering his 2nd year doesnt have it in him.

then again, u were serious about Jeff Garcia being the answer for this season...
was i being serious? not really...but if the 49ers really did needed a QB that can make plays and was available...he'd be the one...

Nate Davis was not the future of the 49ers or the QB that would have led the 49ers anywhere, yes he does have an arm...but he showed his true colors in the pre-season game .......so I am glad they did cut him..

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Nate Davis was not the future of the 49ers or the QB that would have led the 49ers anywhere, yes he does have an arm...but he showed his true colors in the pre-season game .......so I am glad they did cut him..
lol at his true colors of his only bad pre season game, in which he still helped lead them to a win.

the reason Sing cut him was cuz of his lack of off season prep, not because of his ability.

the other reason was a guy Sing liked became available. the 49ers liked troy smith out of college.

Dec 12, 2006
The guy is a 5th round pick from Ball state, with gloves on both his hands and a learning disabiliity, he has had two good preseason games and one big throw against the vikings. Wtf are you guys talkin about???

Did Troy Smith win the heisman?

Dec 4, 2006
c'mon ...he made one big pass and that was it.....i say it was a fluke.

he didn't even know where the 1st down mark was at........that's something every QB should know...

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
IT WAS A FLUKE? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, HE LOOKED GOOD LAST PRESEASON AND THIS PRESEASON, HE HAD ONE KINDA BAD GAME BECAUSE OF THE RECEIVERS AND STILL HAD THE POISE TO RUN A GOOD TWO MINUTE DRILL AND LEAD THE TEAM FOR A GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN, HE WAS DEFINITELY THE MOST TALENTED QB ON THE TEAM U CAN'T DENY THAT

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
The guy is a 5th round pick from Ball state, with gloves on both his hands and a learning disabiliity, he has had two good preseason games and one big throw against the vikings. Wtf are you guys talkin about???

Did Troy Smith win the heisman?
and Kurt Warner was an undrafted grocery store worker...

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick that was a backup until injury forced him into the game...

Nate Davis has a reading disability, not learning, and he led Ball State to their best season ever while earning MVP honors.

all i'm saying is, dude is too young to call either way. but its funny how fast people flip flop. now that Nate Davis is out of the picture, suddenly Alex Smith is the next Drew Brees lol and Nate Davis had down syndrome.

and lastly, how many heisman winners werent busts in the NFL? cool irrelevant facts bro.

May 8, 2008
I swear some of you clowns are just str8 delusional. GO head keep on thinking Alex Smith is the savior. LMAO that bum might be the reason the Niners don't win in the worse division in the NFL. ALL HAIL ALEX!!

Mar 12, 2010
all alex has to do is what trent dilfer did with the ravens the year they won the superbowl and thats take care of the rock and from the looks of it the niners are going to do more than just take care of the rock they are going to move it down the field and score. and score big

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
It's all about work ethic, and Coach Singletary didn't see that Nate Davis worked hard enough. I like Nate Davis a lot but don't try to compare him with Kurt Warner or Tom Brady.

The Raiders cut someone who had a big arm but didn't have enough work ethic. Can you remember who? Here's a video:

Oct 23, 2009
Looks like Nate might just have another chance at being a Niner.....

If Davis goes unclaimed, Singletary said he would like Davis to rejoin the the organization on the practice squad.

"I really hope we're able to keep him here because I think there's a lot here that can help him and hopefully in the future he can be the quarterback we hoped he would be when we drafted him," Singletary said.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/07/10/49ers-Want-to-Keep-Davis-Around-Smith-to/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=305704&feedID=5936

Dec 4, 2006
Looks like Nate Davis gonna stay in the practice squad....the guy has talent..but his problem is that he doesn't want to fucking learn the system!

In the off-season he should have done that, he'd be in the roster right now...what a fucking dumb ass....

I say the 49ers release Carr and keep Troy Smith in the end of the season..