Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
Cousins still a possibility.

I like the guy alot but......

Our receiving core is no where near that of

Reed x jackson x garcon x crowder...

I hope expectations are realistic

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Garcon, Kerley, Goodwin... thats an upgrade over last year. The FB we signed from Balt is the best receiving FB in the leauge. Hes a very real threat receiving.

Also Eric Rogers could be healed from his ACL. If he is, i think he can play. One of the better choices Kelly made was signing Rogers when no one knew much about him

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
If Garrett goes 1 (which he will), im trading down and drafting best available. Barnett, Foster, Reddick, Cunningham, Davis, Williams. Plenty of good mid 1st prospects.
Im drafting Chad Kelly or Davis Webb around 3rd round (we need bodies at position)
I wait a year for Cousins to sign here as FA which he intends to do, without losing compensation.

If that fails we still having Webb or Kelly sit behind Hoyer for 2 years

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
I believe we set a record for rushing yards against last year. Ilb was probably the biggest weakness on our team.

Hes familiar with our new DC and is probably a better fit in that scheme than what he was with oakland.

Overpaid? Probably. Massive team need? Absolutely

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I believe we set a record for rushing yards against last year. Ilb was probably the biggest weakness on our team.

Hes familiar with our new DC and is probably a better fit in that scheme than what he was with oakland.

Overpaid? Probably. Massive team need? Absolutely

Malcolm Smith is terrible against the run also lol Oakland was 23rd in rushing yards allowed with Malcolm Smith starting. Dude got torched by TE's every single game also, he was one of the main reasons Oakland was so bad against TE's.

Yall got fleeced, over paying vets who were never that good anyway isn't how to turn a franchise around.

Dec 3, 2016
I don't know about yall but I just hope we have a squad that will: A) not have any off-field legal troubles a-la Aldon Smith, Brooks, Bruce Miller etc. B) No injuries and C) No early retirements. I don't even care if we suck, can't get any worse can only get better. Also hope that Marathe and York stay out of the way and let Lynch and everyone else do their thing.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
103 tackles is not mediocre. 225 in 2 seasons. LOL at calling a SB MVP mediocre.
Did you watch a single Raiders game the last two seasons? lol dude got burned every game multiple times a game. Middle linebackers always have a lot of tackles. look at the NFL leaderboards, out of the top 30 tacklers 25 are middle linebackers including the entire top ten lol

He won SB MVP and then Seattle put him on the bench the next season for sucking. He only won SB MVP that year because he got a pick 6.

LOL @ thinking a dude is great cause he had 103 tackles in a season (which is good for 30th in the NFL lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Did you watch a single Raiders game the last two seasons? lol dude got burned every game multiple times a game. Middle linebackers always have a lot of tackles. look at the NFL leaderboards, out of the top 30 tacklers 25 are middle linebackers including the entire top ten lol

He won SB MVP and then Seattle put him on the bench the next season for sucking. He only won SB MVP that year because he got a pick 6.

LOL @ thinking a dude is great cause he had 103 tackles in a season (which is good for 30th in the NFL lol
First, I never claimed he was great, but he is obviously better than "mediocre." Second, I didn't know you were on the MVP selection committee LMAO. Congrats, that must be a great gig. Smith is a weak side OLB not a strong side OLB and not a career MLB, but since you're a football expert I guess you already knew that. Maybe you should apply as a coach. :siccness:

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
We were 2-14. We are gonna have to pay a premium for players to sign. Ive watched enough Raider games (and Sea games prior) to know that he is vastly superior to M. Wilhoite.
It remains to be seen how much we overpaid. If it makes the pro bowl, doesnt look too shabby. If he winds up a replacement level LB, then ya, its a head scratcher.

We signed Aldrick Robinson last night too. Kind of a 1 dimensional downfield threat

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
First, I never claimed he was great, but he is obviously better than "mediocre." Second, I didn't know you were on the MVP selection committee LMAO. Congrats, that must be a great gig. Smith is a weak side OLB not a strong side OLB and not a career MLB, but since you're a football expert I guess you already knew that. Maybe you should apply as a coach. :siccness:
No I wasn't on the selection committee for SB MVP, but I watched the game lol did you?

and no I'm not an expert, but once again I've literally watched every single Raiders game since Malcolm Smith has been on the team, haven't missed one AND I've read the free agency reports since the off season began and literally every single one have said in regards to Malcolm Smith "The Raiders have zero interest in re-signing". When a team has zero interest in even trying to negotiate with their two year starter, then obviously something is wrong.

I love how when people come weak in sports discussion they always deflect from the actual sports discussion and start saying shit like "maybe you should be a coach derp derp derp" lol

literally all I said in this thread was the 9ers got fleeced, which they did and people are mad as fuck lol

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Whos mad tho? Im certainly not. All ive said is it remains to be seen how he fits in. Of all the raider games I watched last year, i thought the LB liability was the young guy from Colorado. James? That guy was terrible against the run. He looked too small to be a lb.

I didnt watch every game, but Smith looked ok

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
No I wasn't on the selection committee for SB MVP, but I watched the game lol did you?

and no I'm not an expert, but once again I've literally watched every single Raiders game since Malcolm Smith has been on the team, haven't missed one AND I've read the free agency reports since the off season began and literally every single one have said in regards to Malcolm Smith "The Raiders have zero interest in re-signing". When a team has zero interest in even trying to negotiate with their two year starter, then obviously something is wrong.

I love how when people come weak in sports discussion they always deflect from the actual sports discussion and start saying shit like "maybe you should be a coach derp derp derp" lol

literally all I said in this thread was the 9ers got fleeced, which they did and people are mad as fuck lol
The Raiders don't need him, he is an aging piece who is not the same caliber as a Mack (still doesn't make him mediocre). The 49ers on the other hand need veteran leadership. The teams aren't even comparable right now. Idgaf what you love or don't love, you just a parrot when it comes to sports talk, and you don't get paid for any of it. Nobody is mad because nobody really cares. Trust that your opinions ain't important here.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The Raiders don't need him, he is an aging piece who is not the same caliber as a Mack (still doesn't make him mediocre). The 49ers on the other hand need veteran leadership. The teams aren't even comparable right now. Idgaf what you love or don't love, you just a parrot when it comes to sports talk, and you don't get paid for any of it. Nobody is mad because nobody really cares. Trust that your opinions ain't important here.
What does Mack have to do with Smith? They don't play the same position.

He ranked 67th at LB by pro football focus and DEAD LAST at LB in pass defense lol you say he ain't mediocre, but he ranked LAST in the NFL in pass defense at his position.

You say he ain't mediocre based solely on "103 tackles" and "SB MVP", meanwhile I actually watched the player play, but I'm the "sports talk parrot" lol ok buddy