Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2010
MAN HARBAUGH IS LOOKING AT ALEX SMITH HELLA LONG I WONDER IF HE WANTS TO BRING HIM BACK BECAUSE HE SEES SOMETHING IN HIM?? OR IF HE IS LOOKING TO TANK BUT FIGURES ALEX CAN TRY AS HARD AS HE WOULD LIKE TOO AND STILL FAIL THUS GIVING THE NINERS A HIGH DRAFT PICK WHEN LUCK COMES OUT

Sep 15, 2009
I really doubt Harbaugh is thinking of getting a qb that he figures will tank just to get a higher draft pick. That means he would be giving up on a season that hasn't even started lol. He's just keeping his options open in case they can't/don't trade for someone else.

Nov 14, 2004
I think Harbaugh is just being a professional, like someone said earlier you dont wanna talk shyt about someone you may have to work with. I think Alex needs a fresh start but on another team, the guy shows specs of hope (runs good 2min drill imo) but the offenses i think other than when norv was here werent good for him, I think this past yr with simpletary was prob worse being that with all those failed runs, most our third downs were third and long and alex simply cant make those throws, especially when our diva reciver wont practice during training camp to get timing down. In all i think at this point Alex is a good backup QB

Mar 12, 2010
i was the one that said you dont want to talk shit about him in case you have to work with him but from the reports coming out of santa clara harbaugh and alex have been out working on the field and even tossing the ball around some. i know you need to keep it professional but this is the offseason when you are suppose to be regrouping and they are out on the field regrouping and having personal workouts. i guess harbaugh is truly comitted and wants to get this thing right

Nov 14, 2004
yea I can see that, I think the whole CBA thing has everything outta wack, I mean at this point we're stuck with horrible ass david carr, I wouldn't mind seeing alex succeed in sf, and if harbaugh thinks he has enough that he can still mold him to redeem the flop that has been his 6 yrs here then they should go for it, but I would think alex would want out

Dec 9, 2005
Harbaugh is a master at getting the most out of his players. I have 100% trust in his ability to evaluate talent at the QB position. What he did in San Diego and Stanford was remarkable.

I'm sure he has his eyes on some QB's that can be taken in the later rounds...but I also think he sees something in Alex that he likes. This might be the coach/system that Alex can thrive in.

I'm not as hard on Alex as a lot of people, but in all honestly, he was set up for failure. If Harbaugh believes that he can help develop Alex into a good fit for his system, then I wouldn't second guess his opinion at all.

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
ITS FUNNY HOW SOME OF YALL ARE JUST ALL OVER JIM HARBAUGHS NUTS, JUST BECAUSE HE THINKS ALEX SMITH CAN BE GOOD NOW YALL WANT ALEX SMITH BACK HAHAHA, DO SOME OF YALL WATCH GAMES? ALEX SMITH IS HORRIBLE NO MATTER WHO THE COACH IS, AND IF HE COMES BACK THEN ILL BE COUNTIN DOWN THE YEARS THAT HARBAUGH GETS FIRED

Nov 14, 2004
I actually watched all the games, i dont think hes horrible and im not on anyones nuts, with what qb's we had he was the best choice, simpletarry didnt like nate so therefore wasnt even going to give him a chance, carr really sucks ass hard so he shouldnt have even been allowed to take a snap, and while blacksmith was dope, he just didnt know enough of the playbook and had the same problem of being limited by simpletarrys play calling, i dont think smith is the answer but hes a deccent back-up imo

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
alex doesnt win games. the games that were won when he played were won by the defense and or frank gore.

fuck alice smith, if he isnt the total fucktard i think he is he will go to a new team.

all that said, fuck randy moss but i'll take TO back.

TO would be a perfect fit to school the diva out of crab. he could show all the youngsters the work ethic he learned from JERRY.

Mar 12, 2010
TROY SMITH GAVE US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN, A SMITH WAS JUST GOOD ENOUGHT TO LOSE
troy didnt do shit once they found out he was too short to see over the line so all you had to do was keep him in the pocket until you could sack him so piss on that idea as well. he isnt even a poor mans vick like everyone first characterized him as. sure he can fire the ball over a country mile but its a crap shoot as to who is going to catch it. so troy was just good enough to lose as well.

the whole fact of the matter is every qb has a system that they can succeed in but i think you would be hard pressed to find a qb that could succeed under the mike simpletary crushing just run it up the gut offense. this guy had a choke hold on this team so impressive it would make an MMA guy proud. i dont want to continue knocking guys because i have faith that harbaugh knows enough to right the ship and get this franchise going in the right direction. whichever qb he chooses will lead us to the promise land and to our next superbowl trophy. GO NINERS

Oct 23, 2009
alex doesnt win games. the games that were won when he played were won by the defense and or frank gore.

fuck alice smith, if he isnt the total fucktard i think he is he will go to a new team.

all that said, fuck randy moss but i'll take TO back.

TO would be a perfect fit to school the diva out of crab. he could show all the youngsters the work ethic he learned from JERRY.
I like TO as a player, so I wont mention his character flaws that we've all heard of. The only problem is that the niners would need a QB who can handle him when he goes into diva mode.
I don't doubt that he would keep his mouth shut and get along but he's never been much of a mentor to younger receivers, he's always seen himself as a #1 WR and I doubt that mentality has changed.

Mar 12, 2010
I really believe our receiving corps is a good one and has shown flashes of great play i am not sure like oc said about having a qb that is confident in himself enough to deal with T.O. but maybe we have a coach that can reign in a super star diva. what it all boils down to though is other teams have jettisoned him off because he brings everyone down