Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
the thing i dont understand is why they didnt give rathman the oc job last year he is supposively one of walshes best students in the west coast offense but hell its too late for that and no it would be stupid to think sing is walsh like but he is very good at getting the best out of his players
The team isn't built for a West Coast Offense anymore plus Rathman doesn't have have any OC experience, he's always been a RB coach.

Dec 4, 2006
I'm glad McCloughan is out of there though...many times I said to myself .."he doesn't know shit about football" .... now I'm saying to myself "when will Jimmy Raye get fired" ...

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Updating a previous item, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers have given GM Scot McCloughan an extended leave of absence while he tends to a personal issue.
McCloughan is not officially out as GM, but he's handing over duties for the foreseeable future. The team has yet to issue a press release on the matter, lending credence to Schefter's report. Even if the Niners won't call it a dismissal, however, Profootballtalk reports McCloughan is not coming back.

According to NFL Fanhouse's Nancy Gay, the 49ers and GM Scot McCloughan are cutting ties over what is being termed a "personal matter."
"I'm fine and moving forward," McCloughan said Thursday. The breakup is said to be by mutual agreement due to "longstanding personal issues." The Niners will make an announcement later today, and director of player personnel Trent Baalke is expected to fill many of the GM duties.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Director of player personnel Trent Baalke will reportedly oversee the 49ers' draft now that GM Scot McCloughan has been relieved of his duties.
The team had been aware of McCloughan's personal issue for some time, so they've had preparations in place to draft without him. The Niners haven't named a replacement, so Baalke will share GM duties with director of pro personnel Tom Gamble and executive VP of football and business operations Paraag Marathe for the time being.

Free agent OG Chester Pitts said on Friday that he would be open to moving to right guard if he was to sign with the 49ers.
David Baas is the team's left guard while Chilo Rachal is at right guard, but the Niners have questioned whether Baas is a long-term solution at the position. Pitts played left guard for his entire career in Houston. He is also drawing interest from Seattle and Detroit.

According to his agent, Pacman Jones ran a 4.4 in the forty-yard dash at his personal Pro Day Friday.
NFL Network also reports that Jones met privately with the 49ers prior to the workout, and Lions officials visited with him Friday morning. In addition to Detroit and San Francisco, the Jaguars and Saints sent representatives.

and barry sims is gonna decide this week where he'll sign, theres interest by the 49ers in re-signing him

Mar 12, 2010
^^ your pretty fucking original. did u come up with it all by yourself?
yep sure did i was sitting back puffin on a blunt fuckin your mom in the mouth and it came to me and i said shit jeds got uncle eddie in his back pocket he is gonna run the daily operations and make us a contender and after your mom swallowed she whole heartedly agreed with me

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

yep sure did i was sitting back puffin on a blunt fuckin your mom in the mouth and it came to me and i said shit jeds got uncle eddie in his back pocket he is gonna run the daily operations and make us a contender and after your mom swallowed she whole heartedly agreed with me
I dont think he was talkin to you...

Dec 9, 2005
Really BaySick? I didn't think Scotty Mac did a horrible job....but that's mostly because he was the one who lobbied for P.Will The Monsta.

That negated everything boneheaded he ever did IMO.

The only thing I can think of that I really hate him for is Balmer.