Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2006
The niners nor the vikings have great qb's but......the rest of the vikings team is miles beyond the niners in terms of talent and being playoff ready, and u CANNOT deny that

Nov 27, 2006
O this dont look good Niner fans

No end in sight for Crabtree, 49ers impasse

Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2009 6:54 PM ET

Despite a rumor that emerged briefly on Monday that a deal had been done, there has been no progress between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree, the tenth overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Per a league source, the 49ers presently do not intend to respond to the formal offer they have received from agent Eugene Parker.

Coach Mike Singletary briefly addressed the situation on Monday. "I'm really not thinking about it," Singletary said. "When he comes in, we'll be excited to get him. But until that time I am just going to focus on the guys who are here."

Offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye was a bit more talkative on the topic. "I don't know anymore about Michael Crabtree now then I did when we drafted him, other than what we evaluated him on college," Raye said. "I think you all are probably a little more concerned about him not being here than we are. . . . I anticipate that when he gets here he will be behind the learning curve, obviously, because he had no spring and no OTA practices, or no offseason practices."

It widely is believed that Parker hopes to finagle for Crabtree a contract that significantly exceeds the value of the package that he otherwise would receive as the tenth overall pick in the draft.

The impasse likely has influenced negotiations between players picked in the same vicinity as Crabtree; from selections six through twelve, only one player -- Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey -- has been signed.

Aug 7, 2003
O this dont look good Niner fans

No end in sight for Crabtree, 49ers impasse

Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2009 6:54 PM ET

Despite a rumor that emerged briefly on Monday that a deal had been done, there has been no progress between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree, the tenth overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Per a league source, the 49ers presently do not intend to respond to the formal offer they have received from agent Eugene Parker.

Coach Mike Singletary briefly addressed the situation on Monday. "I'm really not thinking about it," Singletary said. "When he comes in, we'll be excited to get him. But until that time I am just going to focus on the guys who are here."

Offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye was a bit more talkative on the topic. "I don't know anymore about Michael Crabtree now then I did when we drafted him, other than what we evaluated him on college," Raye said. "I think you all are probably a little more concerned about him not being here than we are. . . . I anticipate that when he gets here he will be behind the learning curve, obviously, because he had no spring and no OTA practices, or no offseason practices."

It widely is believed that Parker hopes to finagle for Crabtree a contract that significantly exceeds the value of the package that he otherwise would receive as the tenth overall pick in the draft.

The impasse likely has influenced negotiations between players picked in the same vicinity as Crabtree; from selections six through twelve, only one player -- Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey -- has been signed.
thanks for being a 49er fan

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
COONFROG YOUR A FUCKIN LOSER, YOU THINK YOUR TIGHT OR SOMETHING BECAUSE YOUR IN HERE POSTING BAD NEWS, SO DOES THAT FACT THAT CRABTREE HASNT SIGNED YETMAKE YOUR LITTLE PUSSY GET WET? YOU ACT LIKE HOLDOUTS ARE RARE OR SOMETHING, YOUR A FUCKIN IDIOT AND THATS WHY I WHOOPED YOUR ASS IN FANTASY FOOTBALL

Feb 14, 2004
yea it just sucks that craptree is asking for money he isn't worth. if craptree was drafted in the top 5, i'd understand the holdout, but since he got drafted late, even after the raiders draft pick, he's still holding out for no reason. that diva isn't going to be worth whatever he gets unless its draft pick 10 or higher money. isn't he still injured with the season creeping up on us?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
The Niners should have never drafted him. When they drafted him, they said they probably have the best player in the draft, so that may have went to Crabtree's head so now he wants to be paid like he's was one of the best players in the draft. I think this will hurt Crabtree more in the long run. If the Niners were offering close to 20 mill (in guarantees), I'd sign. Now y'all see why the Raiders (and other teams) passed on this dude!

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
crabtree was thee best player taken in the top 10. he has the right to negotiate the best contract for him and his family. football careers are not as long as other pro sports. so its smart for him to take his time. plus, he is stronger and faster than ever receiver we have now. so once he learns the system he will be fine. he will be a signed 9ner by season start and thats all that counts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Vernon Davis is faster than Crabtree so what are you talking about? Even Patrick Willis maybe faster. He may have been the best player based on college production but that doesn't mean he'll be that good in the N.F.L., but then if you think about it.... if he was the best player he wouldn't have slipped to number 10.

Yeah he has a right to negotiate the best contract for "himself" but he also has to keep in mind that it's just not about him. It's about the team. He's asking for more than he's worth. He was picked at 10 and should be paid like he was picked at 10. He's being selfish by asking for top 5 money when he wasn't drafted top in the top 5.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
The best players in the draft aren't necessarily always picked #1. If that was the case yall should have picked Adrian Peterson over Russell.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
tony, incase you just started getting into the political part of the nfl, teams draft based on need and value. more so than "best". crabtree was the most productive, effective player in college. what else are supposed to judge these kids on? their high school stats? so by you saying "he may have been the best player based on college production" makes the rest of your post worthless.

pay the fucking kid his money and lets move on.

Nov 27, 2006
you get payed based on where your drafted. Period. End of Discussion. If he was the best player then he would have gotten drafted 1st. but he wasn't, he was drafted TENTH! Adrian Peterson was the most talented player when he got drafted but he recognized that he didnt get drafted 1st and he didnt act like a lil bitch and accepted where he was drafted and didnt piss and moan. Again, there was a reason was Crabtree was drafted 10th, teams knew what kind of attitude he has and steered away from him, and its already proving true. The niners should stand firm and not pay this lil bitch like a top 5 pick

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
Man, Raider fans in a 49er thread acting like that female you knocked for one night and now the girl won`t leave.

There`s no relationship here. Go home. Yes, you were used, but someday, someone will love you for you. Just not me, and not right now. Buh-Bye.