NFL Week 1 WTF??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
There are a few things about week one that had me sayin' WTF??

-Nick Saban & The Tuna throwin' the challenge flag like the gay dude in accounting, at the company softball game.

-Frank Gore beating the Arizona db's (especially rolle) into submission. Towards the middle and end of the game, they werent tryin' to go heads up any more.

-Brett Favre & Jake Plummer gettin' goose-eggs in HOME opener for GB, and just another day for the donkeys.

-Old ass Fred Taylor gettin' 'er done for the Jags.

-Bullshit ass "offensive pass interference" call late in last nights ny/ind game. if ANYTHING, the CALL itself was offensive.

-Carolina's passing game not showing up yesterday....Steve Smith IS their passing game.

-Trent Green gettin' mollywhopped (thanks hus) by Cinci.....shoulder pad + chin x slappin' the turf = a hell of a headache.

-Tiki Barber & Warrick Dunn provin' that you dont have to be BIG to play RB in the NFL.

-What happened to Bledsoe's arm?? He under thru TO & Glenn a FEW times.

-Plexico gettin' 3 crackback/holding calls in first 2 posessions.

-Cowboys signing Vanderjet to large contract, and him NOT playing due to injury......back up is great in pre season, but sucked ass yesterday.

-Falcons kickin' ass, but losin' John Abraham to groin injury.

-Is it just me, or is there A LOT of players starting the season with quad, hammy, or groin injuries.....too much time clubbin' in off season, and not enough stayin' in shape!!

-I'm sorry, but listening to Hank Williams ask me if I was ready for some football, was annoying enough....now friggin' PINK is doin' the askin'.....WTF does she have to do with football?? Who called THAT shot??

I'm sure y'all have a few to add to the list, so feel free.

Mar 16, 2005
Edward Thizzerhands said:
How long before Cutler replaces The Snake???Sooner than later....

uhh next year, I have said it before and will say it again no sooner then next year unless theres an injury.

If you watched the game yesterday you know most of the blame is not on plummer but the sorry ass o-line who didn't give him 2 seconds to throw. Also there were a ton of dropped pass including possible td's by javon walker and tony scheffler. and alot of 3rd down drops that would have been firsts.

But yep blame only plummer!

Cutler would have got killed behind the o-line yesterday...Elway wouldn't have been able to do shit yesterday, thats how bad the o-line sucked.

Beto just to correct your 3rd line this wasn't a home opener for Denver, doesn't make excuses but just had to throw it out there.

May 9, 2002
thascary1 said:
uhh next year, I have said it before and will say it again no sooner then next year unless theres an injury.

If you watched the game yesterday you know most of the blame is not on plummer but the sorry ass o-line who didn't give him 2 seconds to throw. Also there were a ton of dropped pass including possible td's by javon walker and tony scheffler. and alot of 3rd down drops that would have been firsts.

Cutler would have got killed behind the o-line yesterday...Elway wouldn't have been able to do shit yesterday, thats how bad the o-line sucked.

Beto just to correct your 3rd line this wasn't a home opener for Denver, doesn't make excuses but just had to throw it out there.
Javon Walker looked shakey at best yesterday...

I just dont buy Plummer as their number 1 QB...im sorry...he is NOT that good...

I say if they cant do shit by the 4th week...why not give the kid a chance?I know Shanahan WONT...but it seems feasible to me....

Sep 29, 2003
well you mentioned how great the Giants' running game was, but forgot to mention how HORRIBLE the colts' rushing was....although im sure nobody expected too much out of their rushing too soon.....

in any event, u did a great job....would u mind doing this for another 20 weeks or so?

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
MaKaVeLi_420 said:
in any event, u did a great job....would u mind doing this for another 20 weeks or so?

no problemo....colts rushing game wasnt nothing to brag about, so therefore I didnt mention how horrible it looked.....edge does need some better linemen though, he barely did well himself.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
- Steve McNair and the Ravens finally achieving their potential

- All the holding against Kellen Winslow that wasn't called

- The fact that I didn't expect ANY of the games to turn out they way they did on Sunday morning (Broncos, Seahawks/Lions, Falcons, Jets, Patriots almost losing, Dallas sucking ass, etc.)

This season is gonna be fucking nuts, I see it already. Fucking great opening weekend for football.

Sep 29, 2003
Stealth said:
This season is gonna be fucking nuts, I see it already. Fucking great opening weekend for football.

yea, i agree. i'm so excited the season is finally here. about half the threads on the front page in this forum are about NFL. YEE!

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
thascary1 said:

i didnt watch this game but you said the o line was horrible? did they lose anyone off the line, cause denvers always been strong on the line. also how much do you think the departure of gary kubiak is going to affect the offense? i agree with you cutler next year. I do got to say though(i said it last year and you damn near reached through my screen and choked me)plummer had a solid season last year but yesterday reminded me more of the real plummer

Mar 16, 2005
ESCOBAR 92113 said:
i didnt watch this game but you said the o line was horrible? did they lose anyone off the line, cause denvers always been strong on the line. also how much do you think the departure of gary kubiak is going to affect the offense? i agree with you cutler next year. I do got to say though(i said it last year and you damn near reached through my screen and choked me)plummer had a solid season last year but yesterday reminded me more of the real plummer

I honestly don't know what thier problem was yesterday on the o-line. George foster was getting poushed around like he was a high schooler playing against an NFL lineman. Noone new on the line they just didn't play.

I will say it again Plummer was bad yes BUT behind that line Marino, Elway , Montana, they all would have sucked. He had no time and when he did the wr's were either covered or dropped balls.

I mean Rod smith catches everything yet he dropped a 3rd down pass that would have been a 1st, Walker dropped a td, Tony scheffler dropp a would be td,,,it was amazing watching all the dropped balls. And then freakin tatum bell who was complaining all offseason that he should be #1 goes and fumbles, and mike bell getting thrown like a ragdoll on blitzes...ugh, I am just glad that game is done and behind us.

Seriously it shouldn't surprise me with the way we have played the last 3 openers but you always hope they learned from the year prior. If that defense doesn't play it's guts out dude the score could have been 28-3 at the half.

Now onto Kubes, I don't want to say we will not miss him, but I don't think that was to blame yesterday. Shanny was the play caller prior and is now, so I don't see that being a HUGE factor.

After yesterday the biggest lose I will say which I was wrong about is the lose of Mike Anderson. I don't care that he is slower....he could pick up a blitz and actually stop the guy not get throwin to the side as if he wasn't even there. Mike and tatum just cannot stop a blitz to small and inexperienced