NFL > UNIVERSE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Same could be said for any sport....you might get lucky and hit a 3 pointer every once in a while in basketball but it takes a different skill set to be able to cross someone up and take another defender baseline then fake out the center to make a reverse layup and get a foul shot as well. There are skilled athletes in every sport, hell even bowling, you think it's easy to leave no open frames? Some people hate certain sports, like me and baseball for example. Which means I'm not gonna perfect the art of the swing or think about a possible double play on outfield or whatever.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
You can't say that baseball is a game within a game, with people at different positions doing different things every play, and use that to differentiate it from football. Football has it all, positions for fat people, skinny people, people who can throw, people who can run, people who can catch, people who can kick, people who can hit. It has more variation on one field than any other sport. And its like a constant chess match. You watch a DB matchup against a WR, or a safety against a TE or RB, or watch the battle in the trenches, watch the line play, watch the QB, zone and man and blitz packages, 11 people all doing different roles and bringing it together so that it looks seamless, etc.

I'm not knocking baseball, but it's not any more complex than football is.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Same could be said for any sport....you might get lucky and hit a 3 pointer every once in a while in basketball but it takes a different skill set to be able to cross someone up and take another defender baseline then fake out the center to make a reverse layup and get a foul shot as well. There are skilled athletes in every sport, hell even bowling, you think it's easy to leave no open frames? Some people hate certain sports, like me and baseball for example. Which means I'm not gonna perfect the art of the swing or think about a possible double play on outfield or whatever.
Jerome Bettis has 13,662 rushing yards and scored a 300 bowling. He's a double threat.

Nov 7, 2006
i's rather fuck the best pussy in the world then to watch the best nfl team in the world. i would also rather make money than to watch NFL nowadays. shit is the best sport but it's all watered down now and slowly starting to suck. just hope they pull there heads out of there asses and get this NFL rollin again like it used to be. shit we might not even see a game next year, best believe imma see some pussy next year

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
You can't say that baseball is a game within a game, with people at different positions doing different things every play, and use that to differentiate it from football. Football has it all, positions for fat people, skinny people, people who can throw, people who can run, people who can catch, people who can kick, people who can hit. It has more variation on one field than any other sport. And its like a constant chess match. You watch a DB matchup against a WR, or a safety against a TE or RB, or watch the battle in the trenches, watch the line play, watch the QB, zone and man and blitz packages, 11 people all doing different roles and bringing it together so that it looks seamless, etc.

I'm not knocking baseball, but it's not any more complex than football is.
Yes i can and heres why i beleive that!!! :

lets start with the pitcher vs hitter: both players (pitcher/hitter) have to know tendancies its not see ball swing run.. when a pitcher is behind in count he throws a change up high x amount of times. when a batter is behind in the count a he swings at more garbage pitches low or away.

the catcher will play psycological games with hitters. chatting them up seeing how he's gripping the, bat the way he stands. if he grunts when he swings in, if he seems like he's off his game a lil. the catcher will then call for the appropriate pitch / location.

catcher must know his base runners, when they are likely to steal on what pitch count . what kinda day the hitter is having, if there is gonna be a hit and run. throwing back to first base to check the runner. calling for the short stop or second baseman to cover the bag depending if the pitch is coming in a location where he might pull the ball left or right.

im gonna bunt to the 3rd base side because the 3rd baseman is slow. is his leg hurt how is his arm will he leave the bag open if the 3rd baseman goes after the bunt.

checking the runner on first if there is a fast runner on third. so he doesnt steal. calling a pitch out etc... a center fielder creeping up on second base when the runner is taking a big lead and second or short is not covering....

do u see what i mean??? lil games within games. but its all a part of any sport..

edit: oh and the thing about baseball is taht everyone must have skills in throwing running bases catching hitting etc.. just cause your fat dont mean you get a pass and can play catcher.. thats a very physically demanding postion. just cause u throw hard doesnt mean u are a pitcher. u litterally have ot have skills in almost every aspect of the game