New York City confiscating rifles and shotguns

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Not to mention, fox is not a legitimate news source in the first place. nor is the washington times.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but please tell us what is a legit news source. Please keep in mind if you mention any of the other corporate media letter gangs you are most likely also incorrect.

Truth be told, I have more respect for Russia Today over any US state run media. Why? Because they admit they are State Run Media of Russia while the US corps do not admit to being US State Run Media even though they are.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2006
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but please tell us what is a legit news source. Please keep in mind if you mention any of the other corporate media letter gangs you are most likely also incorrect.

Truth be told, I have more respect for Russia Today over any US state run media. Why? Because they admit they are State Run Media of Russia while the US corps do not admit to being US State Run Media even though they are.

Democracy Now

Reuters News

Vice

all independent news sources

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Democracy Now

Reuters News

Vice

all independent news sources
There was a time when Reuters was a legit news agency, but that time was a long time ago. The Reuters family is dead and have not had an actual hand in the news making business for quite some time.

Democracy Now! is a leftist news organization. A legit unbiased news agency would not sway toward a particular political leaning. Jeremy Scahill is a fraudulent government shill. I'm thinking CIA leaning, but that is just a guess.

I can't speak on Vice, you may have something there, I haven't looked into them, however, in this game they will become a controlled source by a biased media conglomerate in due time.

What I'm getting at here, if it even exists, is what really is an "independent news source?"

Its a great thought to believe those words hold any actual value or make a complete equation, but in this globalist environment, I think it is more likely a fairy tale.

Last edited:

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004

I get most of my news from the gaurdian or al jazeera. The times is the best american news source IMHO.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Really, any discriminating reader can tell what stories are decent and which ones are bullshit, just check the sources. And by 'sources' I don't mean who is doing the reporting, I mean where are the reporters getting their facts from.
Breh, when my weeds grow too high in my yard, the city sends a letter to me warning of my violation, they don't post it on their website. The same could be said about people in NYC violating the SAFE act. NYC is not going to post on their website that they are sending out said letters, especially when it is regarding an Act they passed without citizens approval or vote practically in the middle of the night, and moreso something that may go against the US Constitution (time and the US Supreme Court will tell). The fact they have the act posted with updates from 2013 is proof enough that they are doing something regarding the act.

You may be right, but it is also very possible 500 residents of NYC received this letter as allegedly reported as well.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Not joking about al jazeera, although i read their reporting on israel skeptically. And by times I mean NYT, not times of london. Again, I care less about who is doing the reporting than how theyre sourcing their reports. Rachel Maddow does a great job in terms of cable news channel reporting. I dont have cable, but I watch TRMS on podcast, and she's great at telling you where shes getting her facts from and quick to admit an error. Thats what a good journalist looks like.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Breh, when my weeds grow too high in my yard, the city sends a letter to me warning of my violation, they don't post it on their website. The same could be said about people in NYC violating the SAFE act. NYC is not going to post on their website that they are sending out said letters, especially when it is regarding an Act they passed without citizens approval or vote practically in the middle of the night, and moreso something that may go against the US Constitution (time and the US Supreme Court will tell). The fact they have the act posted with updates from 2013 is proof enough that they are doing something regarding the act.

You may be right, but it is also very possible 500 residents of NYC received this letter as allegedly reported as well.
People would be outraged and pictures of the letters would be all over social media
^^^^^

You dont think any real news site would have picked up that story? Obama actually 'taking peoples guns' would give a reporter a fucking hard on.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
^^^^^

You dont think any real news site would have picked up that story? Obama actually 'taking peoples guns' would give a reporter a fucking hard on.
Its not Obama though, its NYC. It is group of politicians on the same page of the issue as the POTUS, but the POTUS does not control the NYC govt. No, I would not expect the media that is geared toward leftist propaganda to report it. That does not mean I trust the rightest propaganda machine either, it only means it is expected for them to report the issue. This is not a far reach for NYC.

Last edited:

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
all media outlets report what they want, or what they are told...this kind of story would get swept under the rug as to not alarm or give any type of heads up to anyone outside of NY...if they're doing in this NY you can bet california is next or will be soon after...the whole purpose of gun registration is to let the government know what you have and where you keep it...what makes anyone think they cant send out a letter asking the gun owner to hand over their guns if the capacity of those guns are more than 5 rounds...in that theory 6 shooter revolvers are also illegal...

this topic is also on the NRA website...they're pretty credible and accurate source of gun news IMO

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Why is that? Because they report lies right?
I've never seen them report any lies, actually they have the most balanced coverage of the isreal/palestine conflict out there, but its a topic thats nuanced enough that news story length reporting has a hard time capturing it. Al Jazeera english is mostly staffed by ex-BBCers who left for what they considered a better job at a better agency if that means anything to you.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
this topic is also on the NRA website...they're pretty credible and accurate source of gun news IMO
The NRA website's source is the same one that all of the other sites have: thetruthaboutguns.com, the are ZERO other sources on this even though FOX talked to the NYPD.

And in terms of american news sources I completely forgot about NPR which has the best reporting by far of anyone in the country, and would be all over reporting something like this if there was any truth to it. Again, I don't dispute that long guns that hold over 5 rounds are illegal in NYC, thats on the books since 2010, I don't dispute, although I'm not convinced, that letters may have even been sent out telling people who own guns that are ILLEGAL UNDER NYC LAW that they need to deal with that, but no one is running around seizing guns from peoples houses. If North Dakota sent a letter to someone who owned a tank telling them it was illegal and to deal with it, would that be a big deal?