NEW TRAJIK REVIEW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 7, 2002
NOTHING TRAJIK HERE: Area rapper serves up exceptional debut

Oh, the perils of reviewing Kansas City rap albums. The process tends to be almost comical, as most local rap artists don’t have what it takes to make it in the rap game. A few can hold their own and one even is what Biggie was to NY but, for the most part, the talent is either premature or non-existent.

Fortunately, local rappers have the release of newly formed record label 70 Mile’s first solo artist, Monte Terrill, aka Trajik. His debut album 1ne Of A Kynd is a blueprint for how to make a quality record.

1ne Of A Kynd starts off with “They Call Me (Trajik),” an introduction of who he is and what he’s about. Beats by RonnzfromBerlin help make this song a strong introduction to the rest of the album. “Got 4 Me” features excellent vocals by R&B singer Voodou and a smooth, jazzy beat produced by 16-year-old Supaman. This song is guaranteed to be a hit with the ladies.

As you progress through the album, you come across a wide variety of songs. The ingenuity of the album lies with Trajik’s ability to be versatile and allow different types of songs to be listed. If you like mainstream, he’s got it. Love songs, street music, club jams, real hip-hop, you better believe he’s got that too. “Love We Had,” with Glennae, gives a softer side of his music, with rhymes like, “I admit I had a few/but they don’t treat me like you do/none of them compared to you”. He’s then quickly able to turn around and deliver a NAS-like lyrical killing to an unrepentant rapper in “Never.” “To me its more than words/when lyrics diverge/see bullets emerge/and bodies submerge/I’m still gonna splurge.”

And where would a KC rap album be without the notorious Tech N9ne? “In MY City” features him, along with some of KC’s better rappers, like Hobotone, Big Krizz Kaliko, and BoChamp. Although, the song would have been a Kansas City classic had Below Zero been added to the roster.

With 21 tracks, only one didn’t sit well with me. “Ay Papi” is original, but the chorus tends to get to you after awhile. The beat would be all right if you were rolling through Jamaica, Queens.

1ne Of A Kynd possesses just about everything needed to be a hit, not just locally, but perhaps nationally, with the right marketing and support from local radio stations. Production by Tekneko Bros, 5150 Mental and young phenom Supaman help make 1ne Of A Kynd truly one of a kind. For purchasing info visit www.70mile.com.

Brad Shelton - THE LONGVIEW CURRENT

Jul 7, 2002
DonBellygusa said:
"Although, the song would have been a Kansas City classic had Below Zero been added to the roster." YOU HAD ME TAKIN THIS SERIOUS FOR A SECOND lol
I loved that last 5150 artist review...lol

We'll see who has the last laugh.

Jul 21, 2002
From what I har 5150 has dope beats but their artists are a bit lacking. If it came down to it and I had to buy Below or X dash 70 Mile would get my $10

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

this is a funny thread........
we should of had a "guest" appearance by X-DASH.......
atleast give us something to laugh at HEAT.......hahaha

Below gots flow......and X-dash....gots beats....

Aug 22, 2002
www.therealtechn9ne.com
ummkay said:
From what I har 5150 has dope beats but their artists are a bit lacking. If it came down to it and I had to buy Below or X dash 70 Mile would get my $10
I totally agree, but I want to hear more 3AM! They sound tight but I've only heard one song.

Yeah JLMACN, Below got flows, and X-Dash got beats, but Below's next cd (the 70-Mile produced one) will have flows AND sickass beats. NO DOUBT

DonBellygusa

5150 Mental Productions
Aug 28, 2002
LockNLoadRecords.com
wow. My bad. The Below reply wasn't suppose to be takin in this way. I talked to Heat about it already and told him to get word to Below. 2. things for you cats to know about me 1. I'm not a hater . I would never just attack a cat. Below isn't a joke to me. It wasn't suppose to read like that. 2. This statement is true. I'm not back peddlin' over some business shit. If I mean it I say it. If I say it. I couldn't give a fuck who likes it.. So my apologizes to Below. He is a confident cat so I'm sure he was fine without it. But it was cool to see all the comments about my artists. I would never get this kind of feedback if I asked. Strength in numbers I guess. "I loved that last 5150 artist review...lol We'll see who has the last laugh." Which review would you like??? Got them on file.What's The LONGVEIW CURRENT? Don't try and put me out there like that HEAT. I hope you know me better then that.

Feb 3, 2003
What up with yah HEAT, Hype, Below, Trajik? This be your boy Ghost! Bringing in new ideas and promising things to the 70 Mile family. Appreciate the love so far. You won't regret this HEAT!

My 2 cents on that new Trajik? Out of 5 *'s, Trajik gets ****, and a half. (Can't give 5 on first album HAHA)

#04-So So Clean: Very catchy to the ear.

#07-We Aint Scared: Gives a tight Midwest words, with a banging down south swagger to it!

#10-Friday: Big Kriss?? You kidding me?? Who can't like this?? Diggin this one.

#12-Luv Me Now: I am definetly feeling this muthfucka

#14-Letter to Heaven: I lost one of my partners who went to school with Monte, so anyone that has ever lost a loved one should relate to this well. Glennae Harvey has a killer voice.

#15-Hey O: I heard 3AM at the X Dash release, and have to admit that I was not feeling them all that much, but when I heard this track, I have new respect for these cats! Definetly nice.

#17-In My City: By far the hottest track on here. BANGIN!!! Got everyone at the job bobbin there head to this muthafucka. This is a new KC anthem, fa sho!!

#21-Strictly Chemistry: Below, this is that TWIN muthafucka! HAHA! Yah, couln't leave your track off here. I am diggin that shit. Real NICE!

I like the whole album, but these are the songs that I am really diggin!

Lookin forward to bigger and better things homie.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
I dont like the fact that you can see his brain through his nostrils on the album cover......completely tasteless Heat Myser or C4 who ever is responsible for that.

Nah...it's a quality cd...with a little bit of everything.