new tell all ESPN book

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 9, 2009

book is full of good shit..
like how michelle beadle hates erin andrews
mike tirico, chris berman and hanna storm hate tony kornheiser
everyone hated keith olbermann...
christmas parties full of sex on the stairwell, lots of drugs in the bathroom

shit started to hit the fan. so i think ESPN is rethinking lettin it drop lol

but if you find the excerpts, they are tasty:
The decision about LeBron James's Decision was an orgy of self-interest, with Jim Gray on top | "I worked for this. I created this. I came up with the concept. Maverick Carter and Ari Emanuel are two of the most stand-up, honorable, loyal people I've been engaged with in television, in all my thirty-five years. When ESPN wanted to replace me and throw me under the bus, they stood firm and said, 'No, Jim Gray is with us.'"

Keith Olbermann once calculated that he deserved an 887 percent raise | "Based on the reported profits of the Today show and the salaries of its key figures, a fair ratio was to pay your talent a total figure of about 10 percent of their show's profits. Working off numbers I had gotten from a sales guy in the N.Y.C. office, I calculated that the correct salaries for Dan and me were about $2,750,000 a year. And a year and a half later, Fox offered me a contract for something like $2,813,000 a year. The top salary paid to anybody doing SportsCenter had been whatever I was getting, which I think topped out around $310,000 a year."

ESPN was basically Studio 54, give or take some disco music | "There was screwing in the hallways. Okay, maybe not in the hallways, but there were a couple of stairwell stories…. There were drugs in the building, that I knew."

http://deadspin.com/5803305/what-weve-learned-from-the-espn-book-so-far

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
I wonder what Tony K did to piss so many people off.

Tony K is a complete idiot. He seems like one of those guys that just "knew the right people" to get his gig. His show is worthless I think.

I know he is afraid to ride in airplanes, so he is probly just an old bitch ass dude.

Chris B. would knock him the fuck out! Where's that clip of Chris B. going off on the studio staff???? Shit was hilarious!

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
sometimes serena williams looks hella thick, and other times she look like a strait dude. i might be cool.

Jan 9, 2009
LOL its funny.. the excerpts about Olbermann were the best because even his enemies had to give him props..they basically called the guy a fucking genius. and stated no one prior to or since has done sportscenter like him. a lot of the good people like dan patrick and rich eisen spoke on tips he'd give..

the attitude around the halls were you were against olbermann or you were
"on the raft" with him

Olbermann breaking down the launch of Sportsnight on Espn2 is fucking epic

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
This happend over a year ago:

ESPN has suspended Tony Kornheiser "for some time" over comments he made about Hannah Storm's wardrobe.

On his radio show last week, Kornheiser mocked Storm for her "horrifying, horrifying outfit" on ESPN's "Sportscenter." Kornheiser hosts "Pardon the Interruption" on the sports network.

His comments:

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now...She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

Last week, Kornheiser apologized for the remarks:

"I apologize unequivocally. ... I was wrong. This is sort of what I do, and I'm sorry for it. ... Not the first time and won't be the last time but I apology for it this time."

An ESPN spokesperson said Tuesday that Kornheiser will be suspended "for some time" from "Pardon the Interruption."

Kornheiser acknowledged the suspension in remarks on Tuesday:

"I have been sent to sidelines from PTI for a while and when I'm allowed back on PTI, I will happily go back because I love the PTI show and love all the people on the PTI show."

In 2008, Storm shared her on-air style philosophy with the Huffington Post:

My preference is fitted and feminine clothes and I am really happy with my style now because its much more reflective of my personality and a lot more fun, rather than being so anchor-ish!...

It doesn't take me any time at all to get dressed at work because I put together a bunch of outfits at once, jewelry and all, and take them en masse to work. When I get there at about 5:30 AM, I just pick an outfit depending on how I am feeling that day.