New Police Chief..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
The new LAPD police chief is getting sworn in next week and he's been quoted as saying one of his first objectives is to get rid of graffitti and then gangs. What do you think? Does it matter who's in charge? Does it get worse/better depending on who's in that seat?

I personally don't feel a big change from person to person. The gang injunctions placed on 18th St. were some big shit that's now spearding to other cities in other states, but other then that, I don't see shit change one way or another..

Vamps
IX.

May 2, 2002
Vamps said:
The new LAPD police chief is getting sworn in next week and he's been quoted as saying one of his first objectives is to get rid of graffitti and then gangs. What do you think? Does it matter who's in charge? Does it get worse/better depending on who's in that seat?

I personally don't feel a big change from person to person. The gang injunctions placed on 18th St. were some big shit that's now spearding to other cities in other states, but other then that, I don't see shit change one way or another..

Vamps
IX.
That 18th st injunction didn't really effect 18th st (atleast the REAL 18th st in LA County). Look at all the different clicks. South Central 18, Northhollywood 18, Reseda 18, van nuys 18, etc. nothin happened 2 them. Gang injunctions are fuckin stupid because the gang will just spread to other areas. For some reason I think this guy will actually make things worse. "I'm going to rid the city of crime", "gangs are going to be no more in la", how many times have we heard that before from other Police chiefs? I think the only way they can really stop gangs is to make being a gangster illegal, but that isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

Junior

Infamouz 51st
May 8, 2002
www.stacksvinyl.com
If you look back about 15 years. you will se a tremendous change in gangs and their presence in LA.

I beleive they have the best chance of putting gangs away within the next 2 years. If they act after that, they won't have another chance . I see gangs coming back up within the next 3 - 5 years.

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
THEY WILL NEVER-NEVER-NEVER-NEVER-NEVER
GET RID OF GANGS AND MAFIA'S, ETC...........

GOOD AND EVIL
DAY AND NIGHT

THEY WILL ALWAYS EXIST.......

AFRICA
GERMANY
RUSSIA
ETC.

D-LOCC

May 2, 2002
The cities lack of interest in poor communities has a lot to do with it. After all the whites move out of an area they just seem to let it go. Walls stay tagged up, they never do anything to fix the neighborhood. Crash units ain't helping at all either. Punk ass mutha fuckers just fuck with u 4 no reason. Hate those fools.

Apr 25, 2002
the way to get rid of gangs isnt through enforcement, its through hope and education. Since California awards money to schools based on property value, inner city schools recieve the least money and a "0" academic value. Thus the kids in that school arent being taught shit and have no hope, which makes the lure to gang life more appealing.

If these kids are going to schools out of district, thats even more difficult, cause they have to leave earlier and be bused to school and are under closer watch by counselers and academic advisors.

Basically, my way of getting rid of gangs would be providing a boost in education and equalling the playing field for low income students.

Education=power=confidence=good desicion making=hope. Saying you are going to crack down on gangs means that you are going to send a bunch of people to jail, and when they get out, they are just going to go back. Its like a trap. Alternatives should be made. My 2 cents...

B

Blackjack 1577

I don't think schools will make a big difference, maybe for some, but not most.

You have to get these folks interested in school first, and that won't work for a lot of kids, but it will work for some.

Apr 25, 2002
Blackjack 1577 said:
I don't think schools will make a big difference, maybe for some, but not most.

You have to get these folks interested in school first, and that won't work for a lot of kids, but it will work for some.
Well its not just a community effort...its an individul effort too. If kids dont want an education, they wont go to school and they wont learn shit. If they Do want to be in a gang, theres not much people can do to stop it. Gangs arent just going to dissapear cause some police chief comes to power.

Education allows people an oppurtunity to do something with their lives that doesnt involve drugs, violence and hustling on street corners. But its the individuals choice to go or not.