new minus the bear

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm really liking this a lot. Minus the Bear doesn't experiment with their sound much or try many new things but when you are so consistent as them and and keyed into your sound you really don't have to.

DVS ONE

Spanish Springs
Jun 21, 2003
Vista and Hubble
Really?? I dont hear that at all. I mean, I guess Jake KINDA sounds like Adam in terms of the voice...but music wise? They are no where near alike. P45's Burning The Process is one of my favorite albums ever, BTW.
thats what I should of said was the slight resemblence of the range and melodies in their vocals,not the music.....Mine too on Burning the Process.....

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Minus the Bear have put out nothing but great albums in my opinion. From the five full lengths to the numerous EPs, all have been great. That said I still don't think they have ever out done Highly Refined Pirtates or that they ever will. I'll admit that for me that album also has a lot of nostalgic value going for it but a decade later I can still put it on and let it play all the way through and it sounds as great as the first time I heard it.

[video=youtube;m3a4jxt4hcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3a4jxt4hcs[/video]

Apr 25, 2002
The new album is nice...they hooked back up with their OG producer and brought back their vintage sound with an updated twist. Better than OMNI (solid album, but easily their weakest) in my opinion.

Absinthe Party is one of their top 5 tracks for sure, HRP is a classic album my ranking in terms of albums is:

1) Planet of Ice
2) Highly Refined Pirates
3) Menos El Oso
4) Infinity Overhead
5) OMNI

Beer Commericials is great too, I'm Totally Down With Rob's Alien is the shit.

S @Staci yeah HRF held the top spot for a while, but after listening to Planet of Ice for a couple years it became apparent it was their best album - every single song is excellent to me, I can play it all the way through with no skips and the flow of the album is perfect. HRP has more classic individual tracks but as a whole Planet of Ice is better to me.