NEW DAYTON FAMILY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 7, 2003
Dayton Family is in the works to drop a 6 or 7 track underground ep. It will be the same 95,96 sound with no major label over there shoulders! Any suggestions that anyone wants me to pass on to them let me know. I have already convinced them to record it with the original members Shoestring, Bootleg, and Backstabber. Which they HAVE promised me! So the 3 members is a guarantee. Any other suggestions would be helpful, thanks

Dec 13, 2003
187HEWROTE said:
its just you. I.D. is bootleg thats his initials Ira Dorsey
oh yeah i just listened to whats on my mind intro and it says "back in this m**f** for 1994 ID, backstabber and shoestring..." my bad

Jun 7, 2003
D-Skrilla said:
Good shit, real good shit. My only suggestion is for Jake The Flake to be featured on 1 track. And for Steve Pitts and Gee Pierce to produce it.

Tight suggestions, I'll pass them along. Gee Pierce is doing all the production, the album is going to be on UbeU Records. Mr Jakafella Vol.2 is 100% complete and the product is already pressed. Hes just waiting on the right distribution deal, but he said if they dont come at him right he'll just slang it himself.

May 11, 2002
D-Skrilla said:
My only suggestion is for Jake The Flake to be featured on 1 track. And for Steve Pitts and Gee Pierce to produce it.
What you said.........but I would like to see Jake on every track.

Apr 25, 2002
thats dope.....seein as how i have all the dayton family cd's.....and whats on my mind bein my favorite.....i remember i was visiting flint when i was in 6th grade for a funeral(im from flint)......my cuzzin had whats on my mind(the tape)......i swiped the hell out that bitch lol......i still listen to that shit.....bring that sound back.....so gangsta....

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
187HEWROTE said:
Tight suggestions, I'll pass them along. Gee Pierce is doing all the production, the album is going to be on UbeU Records. Mr Jakafella Vol.2 is 100% complete and the product is already pressed. Hes just waiting on the right distribution deal, but he said if they dont come at him right he'll just slang it himself.
Yeah Flake had the album done for months, but it's good to hear that he got em pressed up. Now we're onely 1 step away from hearin it. Do you know what Frank G and Ghetto Symphony has been doin? I aint heard shit from them since that Flint All Star comp that Northblock Records put out a few years back.

Jan 23, 2006
yo as long as they're rappin about snortin coke and fuckin people up i'm good. i prefer that high energy dope dayton ave, flint town type shit. i like jake the flake but i dont think they should feature anyone else.

Jan 23, 2006
my mans a producer his names emile he's done beats for obie, remy, az, ghostface, mop, cube and so on he's a been a fan of dayton fam for a minute. he'd love to work with them. hollar at em, they might be interested. i can get you his info if they're interested. he did that obie joint since they wanna know. oh yeah he's from buffalo, he knows grimy

Apr 25, 2002
They need 2 do that hard gangsta shit, no girl singing hooks! Just some grimey dope dayton dealin type a shit. Get Steve Pitts on there and some of the doods who did beats on Family Fued. No radio songs, no features unless its Jake the Flake or Ghetto E-keep it str8 up Dayton Fam the whole way. Flintown 2 with the beat almost the same