NEW CRAMPS ALBUM!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
The Cramps are releasing a new album called "FIENDS OF DOPE ISLAND" this month. For all of you who don't know, The Cramps have been around since the late 70s, and are sometimes referred to as "punk," though they have more in common with 50s rockabilly than punk rock. The Cramps are like Elvis on acid, and come highly reccomended. I've got a video of them playing a mental institution in Napa back in like 82. Its fucking genuis. A bunch of schizophrenics and crazies dancing around to the pyschobilly voodoo beats, stealing the microphone from the lead singer, and generally just running amock. Anyway, if you haven't heard them before, I suggest listening to "Human Fly" or "Garbageman," songs blatantly and shamelessly about heroin. The Cramps are still the kings of the psychobilly scene, and "FIENDS OF DOPE ISLAND" should be sick. Oh, and the Cramps coined the phrase "Stay Sick!" long before it was fasionable in the sac rap scene....

May 8, 2002
Yup, they're still around. I see them evey year in Frisco on Halloween. They're fucking crazy. The lead singer, Lux Interior, rolls around the stage swallowing the microphone and hiccuping. Last year, some dude in the audience handed Lux some pills, and Lux just swallowed them without asking what they were, washing them down with wine. Needless to say, by the end of the show he was just a gibbering mess, the way we like him :classic: And the guitarist, Poison Ivy, must be close to 50, but she's got the body of a 25 year old. It just goes to show that if heroin doesn't kill you first, it'll preserve you. I highly reccomend their live shows. While their contemporaries have all calmed down in their later years, the Cramps are just as crazy today as they ever were.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
he sounds sav live, but not as Sav as G.G. Allin. There was this one local punk band way back in the day over in santa cruz called the vicious midgets, I still have a copy of there demos, They have some fucked up songs. I'm still a big fan of the misfits(mostly the old shit) I have all thier shit, and the boxed set. Yep, I used to hella be into punk. The old misifts shit like Static Age had that Elvis type Rockabilly sound to it.

May 8, 2002
My favorite Misfits song: American Nightmare, though all their early shit with Danzig was cool. These days they're corny as hell though with their wrestling gig.
Have you ever watched any videos by GG ALLIN? I've got one called HATED. I never liked his music, I think it was crap, but GG is the epitomy of sav. In the video, he throws shit at the audience, beats up some broad who's interviewing him, drinks a prostitute's piss, throws up on himself, and keeps drinking piss. He was a madman. Like i said, i think his music is garbage, but that video is still the craziest thing I own.

May 8, 2002
Oh, and one more thing:
Check out Demented Are Go.
They're one of the best psychobilly bands around. If you like old Misfits, you will love DEMENTED ARE GO. They sing about all sorts of scandalous shit, half the time the lead singer sounds like elvis, the rest of the time he's growling in a gutteral tone. theres a lot of dank references in their songs. you'll dig them.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
Coo shit, I'll be sure to peep them out. yeah, G.G. allin's music was weak.
I liked Samhain too, Glen's side project during and after Misfits, that then led into Danzig.
But the Adolescents, Dead Kennedy's, Minor Threat, Suicidal Tendencies(even ther metal days). They were all classics. Youth Brigade was tight too. Those are just some classics I can think of off the top of my head

May 16, 2002
the cramps are fuccin tight! i remember seeing them about 10 years ago when i was like 12 or 13.....it was nuts ...their lead singer was swallowing the mic and slobbering all over, i think they are a great band to experiece live...

May 8, 2002
So I picked up FIENDS OF DOPE ISLAND on Tuesday, and I have been thoroughly impressed by the album. Songs like PAPA SATAN SANG LOUIE and DOPEFIEND BOOGIE are now in regular rotation. The entire album Lux is encouraging everyone to wreck their mind on drugs ("take two weeks worth of drugs and call me in the morning" from DR. FUCKER stands out) and basically run amuck. It's a good album of juvenile deliquent music, the type of stuff that would be playing if you were transported back into the 1950s and got into a switchblade rumble with a rival gang. Check it out. Psychobilly sleeze at its finest.

May 8, 2002
^^^Did you see the part in the GG Allin flick at his funeral where everyone drinks the Jim Beam bottles that he was supposed to be buried with? I was LMAO when I saw that. The world didn't lose much when GG overdosed and died, I'll tell you that much.