**NEW** Alice In Chains - A Looking In View

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Yeah, I gave this song its own thread...this song is BAD ASS. Heard it this morning on the BJ Shay show and bought it at Amazon.com. Its 7 minutes long and it feels like 1992 in Seattle all over again. The new lead singer...not bad AT ALL. He is no Layne, but does a formidable job.

I hate to admit it, but this song gave me a few goose bumps. That NEVER happens. The album drops at the end of September and it just shot all the way up my "most anticipated albums" list.

Without further ado.....

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6204884279172e67/

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
zshare is always an uphill march to DL from but the song is good. I actually like the new vocals a lot.

I heard people saying the new album will never be the same but I'm really looking forward to it now.

Check out my halestorm thread BTW.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
While I'm pleasantly surprised by how good the song is it just makes me think how much better it could have been if Layne was still around.

New dude is pretty good and fits their sound without sounding like cheap ripoff but he still doesn't hold a candle to Layne Staley.

Although I do now have some interest on how the album will sound. Good shit Jesse, thanks.

Sep 29, 2003
Pretty much agree with Nuttkase.....This song is great, really diggin it. It definitely sounds like something they could've released in the early 90s....I had no idea an album was in the works, definitely looking forward to it now.....

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I put it on my phone to show people at school. Seemed to be a lot of hate towards it. "he's trying to sound like the old vocalist" "they should have changed their name" blah blah blah.