Need studio suggestions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2006
I use to have a cool little studio about 4-5 years ago that I bought off my homeboy real cheap.... I didn’t know how to use the equipment at all and I am a very impatient person so I gave up on it and sold everything.

I quit drinking so I'm looking at this like a hobby, I don't want anything to complicated.

I just bought a brand new computer; I'm going to get a new copy of pro tools....

I need a mixer and a decent mic on a budget.... I also need a studio type speaker.... Any suggestions?

Also, please list anything that I might be forgetting about. It's always the little things that get me cuz I forget.

This is just a hobby to make some little beats and record for my own personal amusement so no big budget $$$$$$ stuff.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
if you want pro tools you are going to have to get an audio interface thats compatable with it you need either a digi one or an M-Audio one if you are on a budjet you should fuck with a delta series one.

Nov 30, 2006
^What about recording softwear? and do I need to get anything for the computer to hook up with the mic/mixer or should the mixer just plug into the computer no problem and have the mic run through that?

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
you could go the software route....download reason or fruityloops or both, or you could cop a used workstation off craigslist/ebay.....or you could get it both the software & workstation....

Dec 9, 2005
Don't know too much about recording...but as far as making beats...you should check out Reason...its a pretty good all in the box program to use...fairly easy to get into but it gets deep ( No Homo )

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
plus reason is pretty easy to pirate....I mean if you do that kind of thing....:paranoid:....I mean....I heard it was.....:paranoid:

Nov 30, 2006
^Right on Freaks thanks:

I have Compaq 512mb brand new.

Can one of yall list everything I need from there software, mixer, mic, cables etc… for a simple but effective home studio just to fuck around with.

If possible give me a price estimate.

Thanks in advance….

@ Gas: I’m doing this as a hobby to stay clean from everything so I don’t think your idea would help me much…lol

May 1, 2003
Mr.REE said:
^What about recording softwear? and do I need to get anything for the computer to hook up with the mic/mixer or should the mixer just plug into the computer no problem and have the mic run through that?
Protools IS SOFTWARE...I suggest you think about building ships in a bottle...you may be more successful at that.

Nov 30, 2006
Gas One said:
haha, dopehead

so yo, want some free coke?
I don't really fuck with coke like that.... When I would fuck with it, it was just around cuz a homeboy had it. I can get free coke right now if I wanted it.