NEED HELP BAD (FOR CPU SMARTIES)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2006
ALRIGHT..... so i have two operating systems on my other cpu. I wanted to switch back and it changed my original c: drive to a d: drive and made a partition with only 4gb and downloaded the os i wanted on that. The thing is now I don't know how to change it back to booting into the original part of the hard drive again.... and its pissing me off so much..... so how do i do it?

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Zestways said:
seein how i know how to solve this problem and ur a 9er fan...i will not help u
Thats fucked up. I am actually trying to put a second OS on my second drive right now. The only thing I can think of is that you might be able to change the booting order of your drives when you start the computer so that it boots from the first partition instead of the new one. But there must be a way to choose what system you want to boot when you start the computer. If someone knows how to do that it would be great since I might be in the same situation soon.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
In the boot screen hit tab or whatever it is to get into the setup screen i forget where exactly you need to go but you should be able to find something with a list of your drives. That should be the order they boot in so just choose the drive you want first. I am not sure if it will let you choose a specific partition but from what I understand about partitions it should come up as two separate drives so this should work.

May 1, 2003
Portuguese Godfather said:
yeah but when i get to the boot.ini screen i dont know what i need to change and now i fcked up the cpu even worse

What operating systems are they? Which one was first? If your first one was Windows, do you have the disk? If you have the disk for Windows...assuming your first OS was windows. Pop it in the CD-Rom drive and reboot. Let it start. You will get an option for the recovery console. Select R when the comand prompt comes up...type this:
FIXBOOT /R this will fix your boot sectors and boot.ini. For Dual booting do a Google for "Grub" or "Lilo" I've used them both for dual booting Linux and XP.

May 1, 2003
Portuguese Godfather said:
yeah but when i get to the boot.ini screen i dont know what i need to change and now i fcked up the cpu even worse

Not tryna clown or nothin...but your CPU is fine ...as well as your hard drive. as long as you don't give up and go reinstalling operating systems again..you'll be fine.