NBA Hardwood Classics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
Anyone catchin the 1994 Knicks-Rocket (finals, game7) game?
The Rockets had an all star team!
Hakeem would be a beast if he were playin now

I guess its a sad day b/c I like watchin these games more than most of today. Dunno if its because of age or less quality play these days.

Watfchin the classic Bulls games still can't be beat

Props: Tony and :ab:
Jan 12, 2006
7 year anniversary Jan 22, 2006

Nike Basketball ‏ N @nike basketball
It’s not every day you get to live tweet with a five-time champion. Welcome, @kobebryant. #COUNTONKOBE
KOBE:

I can't believe I've never watched this game till now
After my first bucket I realized their rotations weren't sharp or early
This game was the 1st and only game my grandma has seen me play as a pro, On my late grandfather's bday no less #countonfamily
Watching the game now, the easy shots I missed, I could of had 100 pts! #countonkobe
Down 14, I'm heating up...at this point I wouldn't pass a kidney stone #countonkobe
After the 3rd quarter, R @REAL LamarOdom tells me "you can't get
The last 2 mins of the game @laker fan reactions gave me goose bumps #countonkobe
I wonder what Phil was thinking #countonkobe
I knew I should have got a fresh hair cut for this game #countonkobe
N @nike basketballI I felt like I was looking at a Salvador Dali painting #masterpiece

Last edited:

quick stats someone pointed out in the video:

in career go-ahead or game tying 4th qtr/O.T. shots:

MJ: 9-18 (50%) > Kobe: 7-25 (28%)

FACT: kobe's 2-11 (18%) with these kinda' during title yrs!

So in total his MISSED 74% of his 4th qtr/O.T. game tying shots in the playoffs

In their last 14 playoff games where they took AT LEAST 1 FGA in the 4th qtr:

MJ: 38-40 (48%) > KB: 18-60 (30%)

In career game winners:

MJ: 33-58 (56%)..22 came via his jumper

KB: 36-119 (30%) officially as of this year

We'll see if Kobe is still going to be doing this at 40 years old:

Props: Tony

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002

quick stats someone pointed out in the video:

in career go-ahead or game tying 4th qtr/O.T. shots:

MJ: 9-18 (50%) > Kobe: 7-25 (28%)

FACT: kobe's 2-11 (18%) with these kinda' during title yrs!

So in total his MISSED 74% of his 4th qtr/O.T. game tying shots in the playoffs

In their last 14 playoff games where they took AT LEAST 1 FGA in the 4th qtr:

MJ: 38-40 (48%) > KB: 18-60 (30%)

In career game winners:

MJ: 33-58 (56%)..22 came via his jumper

KB: 36-119 (30%) officially as of this year

We'll see if Kobe is still going to be doing this at 40 years old:

I don't get why people say Jordan hurt his legacy by playing for the Wizards after winning 6 titles with the Bulls. If anything, I think it added to his legacy by proving he could still ball at 40 years old.

Jan 12, 2006
I don't get why people say Jordan hurt his legacy by playing for the Wizards after winning 6 titles with the Bulls. If anything, I think it added to his legacy by proving he could still ball at 40 years old.
I don't think it hurt his legacy its the fact that not a lot of the greats get to leave the game while still at the top of the mountain. Jordan retiring in 98' after that shot vs the Jazz was just the perfect way to retire. It was the last image everyone had of Jordan. Bulls fans and NBA fans in general i think were uncomfortable seeing Jordan in a Wizards jersey. Different sport but don't you think it was dope how Elway went out as a Super Bowl champion?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
No, I thought John Elway should have made a run at 3 SuperBowls in a row, nobody hasn't done it. But maybe it's good that he retired since Terrell got hurt the following season.

I agree, at age 40 out in DC he was still averaging 20 ppg, and shooting over 41 percent. Very fortunate to have that super smooth jumper he had, he obviously wasn't slashing to the bucket but still had the proper strength to elevate and knock down those jumpers over these younger cats playing in their 20's, now that is stupendous. He most certainly added to his legacy my brother.

Props: Tony