nba draft

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2008
this years draft sux big time, very average bench players are gonna become millionaires. but i will do a comparision to show you how bad it is.

1 - john wall - derrick rose lite, very similar to rose's game, but can john wall play the half court game like he plays the full court game?

2- evan turner - brandon roy lite, he does everyhting well, but im not too high on him doing one thing great. jack of all trades, tho, and seems like he will do what ever it takes for his team to win.

3- derrick favors - poor mans al horford lite or a bigger thaddeus young at the pf position, very raw and has the potential to become al horford, has the potential is what im sayin. remember, al horford stayed in school for 3 yrs, and it took him 3 years after college to become an all-star. thaddeus young has all the potential in the world, skill-wise, put i doubt he will ever put it together. favors is very raw at the moment, he shoulda stayed in school, but he choose the wrong school to attend. he is not an explosive leaper like stoudamire or swight howard (i hate people taht think he is explosive leaper), he isnt. also, i dont think his hand are taht good at catching the ball. i have my doubts that he will make it from what ive seen of him in college. he might bust real bad in a couple years.

4- wes johnson- compares to some athletic players, maybe marquis daniels, some type of one dribble slasher sf. no dribble skills,he is athletic, but just a set up shooter and someone who you need to pass the ball while he is moving to be effective. but, he will be a solid role player for someone. just not spectacular. plus, he is 22 or 23 yrs old, not much room for improvement or potential, what you see now is what you get for his nba career. he would be perfect for the warriors, but he will not slid down to 6.

5- greg monroe - poor mans chris webber lite sac has solved their center position with the philly trade for dalembert. so they have his defense and thompsons offense, good combination. demarcus cousins had a great workout with them, but they need a sf, or a passing facilitator. monroe is gonna be solid nba player, he isnt going to wow anybody, but he will have flashes of brilliance and his passing for a big guy is perfect for the sac teams system.

6- aminu for warriors - luol deng lite, i do not like this pick for the warriors. sure, aminu is athletic long wingspan, can run, but he has no other skillls, cant dribble for shit, needs to be set up on plays to be effective. his shot is suspect. he might be good for rebounding cuz of his wingspan. i jsut dont liek this pick at all. reminds me of joe alexander pick 2 years ago, cept, alexander had a decent jumpshot. i think he busts hard. if i was the warrios i would trade out and into the teens and take paul geroge or luke babit.

7 demarcus cousins - derrick coleman (exact replica), all the skill in the world for a low post player like coleman cept he doesnt hae the pasisng skills that coleman had. cousins demise will be his sluggisdhness and attitude. how bad does this guy want it?? motivation will be 1st priority. he needs to go to an organization that will light his ass on fire. I think detroit is a perfect fit for him. Joe dumars is a no nonsense tough-love guy that wont take shit from anyone, especially a rookie like cousins. if Joe dumars can't turn this guy into a winner, then he will go the same route coleman went in the middle and late stages of his nba career.

8 - luke babbit or gordon hayward, this is how shitty this draft is, you have two of the great white hypes possibly getting drafted at the 8 spot, knowing the clippers and there drafting curses, it wont be pretty.

but for he 8 spot if the clippers are smart they select:

paul george: i like him to a rudy gay/trevor ariza lite, this guy has all the tools, but needs to refine them. he needs to work on a quiker release, his shot is effetive. is ball dribbling is okay, but can improve. otherwise, this guy oozes potential, a fuckin 6-9 shooting guard is what you are getting here, with a above avg wingspan. if he works on it could be a borderline all-star or more.

9- cole aldrich, run of the mill avg white tall player (you pick comarison), reason he willget drafted is cuz utah loves their white meat, and he would fit the system there, which will be rebounding, and defending. he will have a nice role playing career, early on starting, then like every other white guy relegated to bench work. only think that i suspect is he is 6-9 w/o shoes, and 6-11 with shoes. i a lil suspect to me.

10 - indiana needs a pg, they will trade this pick for a pg, and whoever picsk will take luke babbitt - his comparision to me is linus kleiza, who used to paly for denver, babbitt is a nice shooting small forward, very skilled, not much defense, not a bad player and seems like he will be effective nba player, efficient. i kinda like him.

11 the hornets need a shooting small forward, peja aint gonna cut for them. they will go with gordan hayward. i dont think his game translates too well, reminds me of a adam morrison lite. seems like he has skills and heart, but im not sure how he is gonna match up athletically to the nba players at his position. he is crafty, and a jack of all trades, but i am up in the air as to what is going to happen to him in the nba, seems like aflash in the pan. who knows.

12 xavier henry - cory maggette or ron harper lite, henry isnt the quickest or a leaper, but he is solid. he is an above avg shooter, needs to work on his dribble skills a lil, and his defense some. but he is solid and can make it rain. he will have a solid career, but i dont see him amking any all-stars. nice role player tho, very nice. good 3rd option, like glen rice.

13- avery bradley, jeryd bayless/aaron brooks w/o the shooting. a combo guard w/o any pg skills. he impresed toronto at his workout. he is quick can get to the rim, but teams will just slack off on defense and make him shot jumpers. he doesnt have a shot really, he can knock em down, he is gonna have to work on it, sound slike a streaky shooter. looks to be a great defender. he doe shave potential, it is there, but he is gonna need a couple years. id keep an eye otu for him.

14 ekpe udoh - brandon wright lite at best. i saw soem games of his, he is lite for his position, he cant post up cuz the defender knocks him of the block when he gets in position. he needs to work on his dribbling, has an okay shot, has some length wingspan and height wise, but dont expect him to get rebounds, cuz he is gonna get pushed around. i dont have a great feel for him, he seems like a bench player.

the rest of this draft is shit, im not sure even john wall is gonna be a superstar. the college game has been diluted of so much talent over the years, that it is starting to show how weak college bball really is by these nba drafts in the next coming years. i cant see why on earth these teams are going to be paying millions to a bunch of fucking scrubs. alot fo these guys are projects and are gonna bust pretty bad, especially cosnidering their atutides that they feel they have entitlemetns even b4 they enter the NBA.

to sum it up, this is a fucking horrible draft, talent wise.

Jul 6, 2008
fuck i forgot to mention ed davis. he is a loto pick, but he might not get picked till milwaukee at 15. after his freshman year he looked fuckin good,v ery nice movements and athletic. but his sophmore year showed nothing, wiry and skinny, nice defense, but he needs to be set up on offense to be effective. i liked him a lot as a freshman had some cray moves to the basket, but he cant post up for shit cuz he is skinny. he gets his point sof putback and shit like that. he will be solid, but nothing i was expecting. i would comapre him to stromile swift type of player.

Jul 6, 2008
what do you base that on? he might be the best shooter from this draft. i will puke rainbows and fairy dust if he falls late first round.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
and DeMarcus Cousins is not an exact replica of Derrick Coleman... DC could handle the ball and shoot a lil, Cousins does niether...

Stromile Swift was an explosive leaper, Ed Davis is not...

Greg Monroe isnt nowhere near C Webb...

i could go on and on, but valiant effort...

Jul 6, 2008
that is why i said lite after each players comparison. there is no way in hell im gonna say greg monroe is ever gonna be on par with webber, ever in his career.

ed davis aint as explosive, but they got similar frames and similar game styles, very agile and wirey.

cousins does have some handles, not polished, but he can dribble on the open court, ther some youtube video, and i seen him do dribble spin moves from a high school game i saw. he compares to DC in his demeanor, very lackadasical approach. id be scared to give cousins millions of dollars, he is gonna end up cussing out his coach if he goes to the wrong orginzation.

anyways, i wanted to talk about draft promises and sure shot fire picks.

wall is obvious
johnson is a t-wolve
i just heard taht the clippers are going to draft and gave a promise to gordon hayward (clipper curse strikes again) at #8, fuck what a horrible pick, a reach of epic proportions.
elliot williams has a promise from the spurs at 20

Jul 6, 2008
damn, paul george didnt even do mesurements, how was he impressive at the combine?

who impressed you thena t the combine, besides those two?

who disappointed youa t the combine besides henry??

what did you think of theat whiteside guy??

quincy is all over the board, from the late teens to the 2nd round. he reminds me a lil of josh howard lite. he needs to go to a team that will fit his skills. that is why he is all over the boards. a team will draft him based on whether or not he fits teh teams system.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
^^ PG had the best Jumper by far. His shot has gotten A LOT better than his first 2 years at Fresno State. I was NEVER, EVER a fan of his really until I saw him practice at the SMC and then at the Combine in Chicago. He was invited today to the Draft on Thursday. Dont be surprised if he goes Lottery.

Agent told him NOT to do too much (like many other players) which is stupid to me. But, thats how it goes

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
With the agent thing...

Quincy's Agent told him NOT to workout at the combine. He wasnt even there. Him being "all over the board" isnt true. Yes, hes on MANY boards. BUT

He was "offered a guaranteed contract from Miami" according to many sources. So he didnt work out at the combine because he thinks/thought that he was guaranteed. If he doesnt get picked up by Miami in the 1st round, then he will go in the 2nd (obivously)

Jul 6, 2008
cool info thanks unknownn.

my mock is gonna duck this year. 1-4 are locks, but the rest is hard to read.

i saw babbits workout, yra he can shoot preety well, i just wasnt impressed, seemed a lil slow moving around.

i think there are gonna be a ton of busts from this draft. i just dont see it. im having doubyts on the majority of these players, even henry, cuz he doesnt seem motivated, like he was pampered and automatically given his spot in the nba. likw it was a given.

this ones a total crapshot, ill have to remember the last time how bas a draft was like this one, maybe 2006??