Myspace for Promotion?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
thephantomblue0 said:
Seems like alot of people are using it. I never really got into it so I don't know. Is it a good place for promoting music? Can it generate sales? Any useful tips?
Tips? Yeah...Be cheesy. Its 95% Cheesy people that use MySpace, so if you give them some song and dance about buying something, most won't do it. Befriend them for an hour a week for a month or so, and you'll get your sale. Probably more once they tell their friends.

Dec 11, 2002
.. there are a lot of artists on MySpace.. a ton that maintain their own pages.. its a good networking tool- another avenue to promote..

Apr 14, 2003
www.stupendousworld.com
I think anytime you have an opportunity to showcase your music in a positive manner it is a good thing. In a way it is another form of advertisement, and undeniably it can strengthen your name recognition. It is also useful for networking, I have met some good music cats through MySpace.

Apr 1, 2003
Yeah it's a great networking tool because the music is right there. The thing that drives me crazy is I get all these messages like this. "Come check out my page because I have the hottest tracks on here", and some is good and most is terrible. Be sincere and respectful and answer messages you get and it will work out for you.