Myspace.com promoting E-40's "The Ghetto Report Card"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 7, 2005
E-40 Gets Down With Myspace.com
Tuesday - February 21, 2006
Andres Tardio

E-40
made the transition from local hero in the Bay to national rap star. He is set to team up with Lil Jon and Myspace.com. for his upcoming album, The Ghetto Report Card.

MySpace.com has grown to become more than just a networking phenomenon for people of all ages. The website, which has grown tremendously in the past years, is now home to many Hip Hop artists including The Roots, DJ Quik and The Black Eyed Peas. The site will provide plenty of marketing for 40’s next LP.

MySpace's
Urban Marketing & Events Coordinator Roslynn Cobarrubias. spoke to DX exclusively about the partnership.

"DJ E-Rock of the Shadyville DJs was the first to play me the 'Tell Me When to Go' single produced by Lil Jon when he first received the masters. I told him that I immediately loved the song and that I would like to feature 40, as before that, there wasn't any bay area rap artists to be featured," she said of the collaboration.

Aside from helping promote 40's next release, MySpace.com is ready to feature a variety of other Hip-Hop artists.

MySpace has worked with an array of hip hop artists. Kanye West played one of our first MySpace sponsored hip hop parties with IMP Entertainment, where he performed all of his songs with a live band. This is something that could be interesting to continue and incorporate in the future," Cobarrubias explained.

In addition to West, other artists are active on the site.

The Roots, Lil Jon, Slum Village, Dilated Peoples, Little Brother, Lupe Fiasco, DJ Quik, The Procussions, Deux Process and the Black Eyed Peas are all active users with the website and we hope to do more events, contests and album previews with all of these artists who have been supported since the beginning,” she added.

For more information on MySpace's Hip Hop Community, she advises readers to peep www.myspace.com/aplaceforhiphop.

E-40's next album will feature collaborations with Lil' Scrappy, Mike Jones and Juelz Santana. Kanye West, Rick Rock and Lil' Jon will handle production duties.

Article from Hiphopdx.com