my very first album cover attempt

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 29, 2002
this is my first attempt really at doing anything remotely serious with photoshop. this will not be used for anything, im just practicing and shit because I'm probably gonna hook my boy up with his album cover.

I just wanna get your feedback. I am not expecting any praises and shit because I know this is pretty basic and involved very little doctoring. I just want to get some constructive criticism. my boy thinks it corny BTW, lol.

May 17, 2005
You should use real colors for the person so he stands out a little more. And beeing lazy with your work dont really brings you nowhere ;) cause Photoshop = time and work

May 29, 2002
MCKadafi said:
You should use real colors for the person so he stands out a little more. And beeing lazy with your work dont really brings you nowhere ;) cause Photoshop = time and work
like I said, it was my first attempt. not really focused on making something offiicial, more just tryna see if i can make something remotely decent. It was basically the only 2 pictures I had. I'n not really trying to impress anybody at all. I just thought I'd post it for some feedback. I am just trying to teach myself the best i can.

May 29, 2002
707REPRESENTA said:
OK, I CHECKED, AND I AM WRITING HIM OFF
its all good.

lol @ the kevin federline comment though. that is still gettin me, lol. im gonna clown the fuck out of him later. I dont know how i didnt notice that before.

does anyone have anything constructive to say about the artwork though? after all thats what the thread was all about. I could really give a fuck what u think about the music right now.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
seriously, it isnt that bad...but yeah, as was said before, dood should have some color so the cover isnt all uniform...ive seen worse. just give the guy a little life, ur gonna want thim to be the main piece of the cover.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
IS THERE A WAY YOU CAN TAKE ANOTHA PICTURE OF HIM? BUT THIS PIECE IS NOT BAD FOR YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT. JUST ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION. DO YOU WANT THE COVER TO BE BI-SIMMETRICAL AND UNIFORM OR YOUR ATTENTION FOCUSED ON EITHA LEFT, RIgHT, BOTTOM OR TOP?

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
id say, one of the rules to makin a cover not so corney, is

dont super impose him infrot of a map, or skyline....

its your first attempt so you get away wit it... but that makes your peice reek amature, as well as saturating it in one color... but dont give up, just keep workin at it, and read plenty of tutorials, i dont care who says it, no one learns photoshop 100% by them selves.. but creativity, along wit the know how to use the program effectively, and you should be coo in no time