My Review of Lil Cyco - Street Chronicles

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Lil Cyco - Street Chronicles

1) "Intro" (Lil' Cyco Freestyle)
Lil Cyco busts out a little freestyle to start the album with. The only thing I don't like about it is that he freestyles really slow.

2) "Steel Toes Stompin'"
Produced by: Del Vegas
An alright beat by Del Vegas to get this track started with. Lil Cyco talks about stompin in his steel toes and West Coast Mafia. He has a good mic style, a solid voice and spits some good raps. A solid track overall, I'm feeling it.

3) "Real Life" ft. Chino Nino
Produced by: Franchise
Lil Cyco starts it off on the mic, spitting some gangsta rhymes. The beat by Franchise has a good sound to it. Chino Nino makes for an ok feature, I'm not feeling him as much as Cyco. A solid, medium paced gangsta track, I'm diggin it.

4) "Don't Say Shit"
Produced by: Raw Steel
Raw Steel lays down a tight beat for this song, the beat really gets clean when the hook kicks in. Cyco spits some tight raps on the mic, coming with a hard nosed style. This is one of my favorite tracks on the album. A hard edged song, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

5) "U Know I'm So...(Gangsta)"
Produced by: Del Vegas
The quality of his voice on this song is a little bad. The beat by Del Vegas is good, nothing oustanding, but it has a decent sound to it. I'm not feeling the background vocals on the hook though. This is one of my least favorite songs on the album. Not really into this one, it might have been better without the weak background vocals.

6) "We Won't Bacc Down" ft. C-Bo, Sugga, Young Slick
Produced by: Rick Rude
A coo beat done by Rick Rude. C-Bo starts it off on the mic with an alright verse. Cyco comes solid on the hook. Sugga and Young Slick also make for good features, each one spits a coo verse. An alright song overall, nothing oustanding, but it's worth a listen.

7) "Hustla"
Back to another good solo. Cyco comes tight on the mic again as a good beat by Franchise plays in the background. The hook is a littel weird, but I'm feeling it. Another solid song overall, I'm feeling it. Cyco talking about being a hustler and drug slanger.

8) "It Ain't Shit" ft. Killa Tay, Mad Max
Produced by: J-Hen
J-Hen lays down a tight ass beat for this song. Cyco starts it off spitting a tight verse and handling the chorus with a tight flow. Killa Tay comes next and spits tight as always. Mad Max finishes it off with a coo verse of his own, although I'm feeling Lil Cyco and Killa Tay more. Another good track, I'm feeling it.

9) "Skit" (Freestyle #2)
This is my favorite freestyle of the three on the album.

10) "Street Money" ft. Ampichino
The longest track on the album coming in at just over six minutes long. The beat by Franchise is solid. Cyco starts it off with a tight flow. Ampichino has the second verse and also collabs with Cyco on the hook. The song is coo, although I'm feeling Cyco a lot more than Ampichino. They should have left this as a solo track and just shortened it. In any case it's another solid track.

11) "Duccin' From Heat"
No production notes listed in the booklet for this track, but the beat is solid. Lil Cyco rips the mic once again, this time talking more of that gangsta shit. More of that hard gangsta raps from Cyco. A solid song.

12) "Gangsta Pimpin'" ft. 151, C-Bo, Gotti Gotti
Produced by: Mo' Betta
A simple, ok beat by Moe Betta to get the album started with. 151 starts it off on the mic with a coo flow. C-Bo comes next with an alright verse. Lil Cyco spits the next verse coo as Gotti finishes off the song with a short verse. I'm not feeling this song all that much, there are much better songs with better beats than this track. This song also appears on the West Coast Mafia Gang album.

13) "Still in da Hood"
Produced by: E-A-Ski
The tightest track on the album. E-A-Ski laces up Cyco major with this beat. It comes off hard as both something you can bob your head to and have it be a hard gangsta song. Cyco doesn't dissapoint either. He already had a good mic style and now a tight beat to make him sound even better. The chorus is tight too. Definately the best song on the album. I'm feeling this one to the fullest.

14) "They Ain't Gangsta" ft. C-Bo, Killa Tay
Produced by: Bosko
This song finishes a close second to the previous song. Bosko lays down a slappin beat. Cyco starts it off with a tight flow and C-Bo and Killa Tay come in hard too. I like this one more than the previous track more on the lyrical content, but the previous one has it on the production. Still a tight cut, I'm feeling it to the max.

15) "Run Nigga Run"
Produced by: Mark Sparks
Not a bad song right here either. It's all leading to a tight finish to this album. Mark Sparks hits it with a hard beat. Lil Cyco rips some tight rhymes to finish of the song with. Another well put together song that gets your head moving as Cyco comes tight. The only thing I'm not feeling is the hook, it doesn't list who does it, but they need to leave it to Cyco.

16) "Outro" (Lil' Cyco Freestyle #3)
The final of the three freestyles to finish the album with.

Overall this was a tight release from Lil Cyco. West Coast Mafia put together a good album right here. Based on what I just heard on the West Coast Mafia Gang album I wasn't expecting too much from this one, but I was completely wrong on that note. Lil Cyco came hard on every song. He has a good mic style and delivery along with a good voice that is perfect for a gangsta rapper, a hard-nosed style to him, much like C-Bo appropriately enough. The production was good for the most part and exceptional on couple songs with E-A-Ski and Bosko coming through with tight beats. The features were perfect, he didn't have too many to take away from his solo songs and the people who he had featured came tight on their songs. All together this was a well put together album with plenty of hard edged gangsta rhymes, slappin beats and good music. Pick this one up, a new WCM rapper that is bringin the heat.

Overall Rating = 4/5