My Review of Big Squeeze - Tha Senator

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Sorry D.O.G. I don't know who sent me the album to review, but I forgot to email someone and let them know it was done. Here it is, feel free to post it wherever you see fit. Thanks again homie.

Big Squeeze - Tha Senator

1) "Intro"
Just a short little intro with some talking about Bow Wow and Big Squeeze.

2) "On Top of the Game" ft. Mr. D.O.G.
The beat by Big Squeeze is tight as fuck for this track. Mr. D.O.G. puts it down with his unique style of flow. Some people might get put off by it, but I'm feeling it. I think it's Mac Money on the hook, but I'm not 100% sure. A good start to this album. No flow by Big Squeeze, but this whole album is just to feature his production skills. A tight track overall, I'm feeling it.

3) "Take it All" ft. Dre Kno, Mac Money
A solid beat by Big Squeeze on this one. Mac Money starts it off with a coo verse. Dre Kno has the second verse and puts it down on the mic. Both come with good flows. Big Squeeze lays down a knoccin beat that has a perfect pace to it. A solid track all the way around. I'm feeling it overall.

4) "We Make Plays" ft. Mac & A.K.
Sean T had a hand in mixing this track down. Big Squeeze lays down some good production that fits with Mac & A.K.'s style perfectly. Both come tight on the mic and spit some tight flows. A cool Bay Area flavor on this Northwest album. A tight track overall, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

5) "3-H's" ft. Cool Nutz, Mak Mahd
A tight ass beat by Big Squeeze that has a deep bass line to it. It knoccs hard as Cool Nutz and Mak Mahd put it down with the flows. Cool Nutz starts it off with a tight verse, reppin the Northwest. The three h's are Hennessy, Hoes and Hundred Dollar Bills. I'm feeling Cool Nutz more than Mak Mahd, but both come tight. A clean track overall, I'm feeling it.

6) "Stressed Out" ft. Ballin' A$$ Dame
A nice laid back type of beat by Big Squeeze that fits well with Dame's style. Ballin' A$$ Dame puts it down on the mic with some nice flows, nothing outstanding, but a solid flow that has a good pace to it. A solid track all the way around overall.

7) "I'ma Be a Failure?" ft. Playboy Bleek
A decent beat by Big Squeeze, not his best on the album, but a good pace to it and it has some nice effects to it. Playboy Bleek is alright on the mic. I like his flow on the hook a lot, his verses are good, but nothing special. The track seems to get a bit better as it goes along, but it's only decent overall.

8) "KBWR 81.8FM" ft. DJ Supa Sam
This is just a little interlude with DJ Supa Sam doing some talking about Big Squeeze and Bow Wow Records.

9) "Where Dem Come From" ft. Silva Shadow D
The beat is tight and I'm feeling the production from Big Squeeze a lot, but Silva Shadow D doesn't come tight on the mic to me at all. I don't like the way he flows with his Jamaican style of voice. It just doesn't sit well with me. This track might have been a lot better with another person on it. I'm not feeling it at all.

10) "Geeves a Sheeit" ft. Certified
This track is so tight. The beat knoccs hard and has a tight ass feel to it. Big Squeeze was on point when he made this beat. The flows aren't as good as the beat, but they are alright. The members of Certified come with some good flows on the mic. I don't know their names, but they both come good. I think the hook needed a little work, but everything is on point and tight. I'm feeling it to the fullest.

11) "Ain't Sweet" ft. Cool Nutz, Mr. D.O.G.
One of my favorite tracks on the album. Cool Nutz did the mixing for this track, but Big Squeeze lays down a tight ass beat that both Cool Nutz and Mr. D.O.G. come tight on. Cool Nutz starts it off with a tight ass flow. I can't really say more about this one, just bump it loud, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

12) "Trials & Tribulations" ft. Homicyde, Mac Money
I'm not really into this track that much. The beat and production from Big Squeeze is alright, but it's not as good as the rest of the album. Homicyde starts it off on the mic, but I'm not feeling his flow. I don't like the hook at all either with him and Mac Money. Mac Money comes alright on the mic, but he doesn't come so tight to save this track. Not feeling it at all.

13) "Breaded" ft. Ballin' A$$ Dame, Playa Shane, Donall Trump
A solid beat by Big Squeeze for this track. Dame starts it off with a decent flow. I like his flow on the hook more. Playa Shane comes next and spits some good lyrics. Donall Trump finishes off the track with a good verse. It could have been better, but it was a solid track.

14) "Keep it Gangsta" ft. Shaolin, Arjay, Mr. D.O.G.
A good mix of a tight beat and good flows mixed in with good background vocals. Shaolin starts it off with a good verse. Arjay lays down those nice vocals on the hook. Mr. D.O.G. has the second verse and comes with some good lyrics. A relatively short track, but it's solid.

15) "Playaz (Pop ya Colla)" ft. Homicyde, Slayir the Player
A decent beat by Big Squeeze, it's alright, but there are better ones on the album. The flows are also decent. Neither Homicyde or Slayir the Player come that tight on the mic. I like the hook to the trak a lot, but that's it. Could have been a lot better than it was.

16) "Understanding Me" ft. Swivel, Mac Money
A coo beat for this track by Big Squeeze. It has a deep bass line to it and I like the background beats and instruments. Mac Money starts it off with a coo verse. I like his flow on the hook also. Swivel comes tight on his verse. Both he and Mac Money's styles fit together well. This track is a lot better than the last few. I'm feeling it to the fullest.

17) "Sex, Money..." ft. Kenny Mack
A clean beat by Big Squeeze that gets your head moving. I'm not really into Kenny Mack's flow though. He comes with some coo lyrics, but I don't like his delivery much. The beat makes up for it though. Big Squeeze was on point when he made this one. A coo beat, but not the flows.

18) "Motivation" ft. Azarel
I haven't heard Azarel's album, but now I know I've been sleeping on him. This track is plain sicc! Big Squeeze lays down a tight ass beat that knoccs and gets your head moving as Azarel puts it down on the mic. He comes with some very good lyrics and a tight delivery to go with it. My favorite track on the album, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

19) "The Sign Off"
Big Squeeze just says some shout outs to people and then the bonus track comes in.

*Bonus* "The Rap Joke" Mr. D.O.G.
The 50 Cent "Wanksta" beat was used for this track. Mr. D.O.G. writes a diss song to Bullet. He puts it down on Bullet on this track. He talks some major shit to him and his lyrics are hella funny. A tight ass way to finish this album, I'm feeling it.

Overall this album was pretty good. I think it might have better with some different people on a few tracks, but you can't take anything away from Big Squeeze's production skills. He shows with this album that he is one, if not the, best producers from the North West. If you're a North West fan I'm sure you'll feel this album. If you're not you may not like all the flows, but I'm sure you'll be feeling the production by Big Squeeze.

Overall Rating = 4/5

Blutarski
2 Sicc Reviews

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
He shows with this album that he is one, if not the, best producers from the North West.
That's not really saying much.

The 50 Cent "Wanksta" beat was used for this track. Mr. D.O.G. writes a diss song to Bullet. He puts it down on Bullet on this track.
The second you use the Wanksta beat to record a diss track, the battle is over. That is so backwards and unoriginal that you just lose automatically. Why not use the Ainsta beat? Why not use a Big Squeeze beat? Using the Wanksta beat on a diss track, ugh, that's like bringing up Hitler in a political argument or freestyling "white boy, you suck... like a duck."

I look forward to an honest, objective review by someone else in the future.

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
hookboy said:
I look forward to an honest, objective review by someone else in the future.
I don't know who you are, but the way I review albums is always honest. If I didn't like it then I wouldn't have given it a 4/5. If you have your opinions then that's fine, but don't go and try to discredit my review. I put down how I felt about it and that's my honest opinion.

Late!

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was trying to discredit your review, because I wasn't.

It's just that, apparently, you don't comprehend the meaning of the word objective. That leads me to believe that you have no real writing background beyond highschool english classes. There's nothing wrong with that, though, because it's not like anybody cares about or bases their album purchases on reviews from some site off of a cjb.net subdomain.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you took the time to express your opinion about what is sure to be a decent album. I just think it would benefit you to take some creative writing or journalism courses before you take your little project to the next level.

Good luck with that.

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
For your information, not like you'll care anyway, but I was the senior editor on my high school newspaper, a graduate with honers, scored a 4 on the AP English writing exam and took writing and English classes at UC Santa Cruz.

When it comes down to reviews though I don't put that much emphasis on my writing skills because I just want to get out my opinions on how I feel and not how I wrote the review on paper. If you don't want to take my opinion seriously then that's fine, I could give have a piece of rat shit about how you feel about my review, but I'm not gonna let you bad mouth me. If you don't like the way I review, good fine, don't read the review or say shit about it or go write your own reviews. If you want to give your opinions about the album then that's all good, but the second you go out of your way to say shit about me or the way I review then I'm not going to just sit back and let you disrespect me. So read it or don't, but keep my name out of mouth.

Late!

Mar 15, 2003
fuckthat.org
For your information, not like you'll care anyway, but I was the senior editor on my high school newspaper, a graduate with honers, scored a 4 on the AP English writing exam and took writing and English classes at UC Santa Cruz.
That's Interesting considering that you can't even spell honors correctly.

When it comes down to reviews though I don't put that much emphasis on my writing skills because I just want to get out my opinions on how I feel and not how I wrote the review on paper. If you don't want to take my opinion seriously then that's fine, I could give have a piece of rat shit about how you feel about my review, but I'm not gonna let you bad mouth me.
Rat shit, huh? That's one amazing display of wit right there. Anyway, I didn't "bad mouth" you, and no, I don't take your reviews seriously. It's hard to take anything on a written or type medium seriously if it's full of incoherant run-on sentences and spelling mistakes.

If you don't like the way I review, good fine, don't read the review or say shit about it or go write your own reviews. If you want to give your opinions about the album then that's all good, but the second you go out of your way to say shit about me or the way I review then I'm not going to just sit back and let you disrespect me. So read it or don't, but keep my name out of mouth.
If you don't like my review of your work, you have the right to just move on to the next post. It was your choice to put your reviews out there for everyone to read. I can just as freely express my opinions about what you had to say. If you really don't give a "piece of rat shit" about how I feel, grow the fuck up and just ignore me. That's hard for you to do though, because what I had to say was real, honest, and objective.

It's too bad that you don't "give a piece of rat shit" about how I feel. I care about what you have to say simply because you are my peer and you said it with confidence. Apathy gets you nowhere in life and I hope you can overcome that in the near future.

Again, good luck with that.

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
I don't know what the hell you're talking about not bad mouthing me. You plainly said that I'm stupid and needed to take English classes. I don't know how else you can try to say I'm stupid then actually saying it in bold print. You come strait outta nowhere and attack my review, not if you liked the album or not, but the way I reviewed the damn album. Seems to me like you're a little smart mouth chump looking for a damn fight. Go ahead and talk shit about my spelling errors, I got better things to do than read through 188+ reviews looking for Os and Is. If that's what you want to do in your spare time then go for it. Like I said before if you don't like my review, talk about the review, not the way I reviewed the album.

And as far as you saying you care about what I say I know you could care less and that's perfectly fine with me cause I can care less about you. If you want to get into a discussion about the album that's one thing, but coming out and calling my stupid is another. I got no respect for you cause you're a little smart ass out looking for trouble. Have fun nitpicking at shit your whole life.

Late!

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Re: @hookboy

tadou said:
Why have you not signed up at RapTalk.net and posted yet? I have already told you that this forum is all but deceased right now. Why dont you go somewhere where people WILL take the time to argue back, and make you look like a jackass (if thats what it has to be)?

On a side note...you seem to be easily bored, and easily entertained at the same time, which means, essentially, that you are a very fickle, wishy-washy person. You should work on that.

On another side note...good review, Blutarski. The #1 thing i like about your reviews is that they aren't at the Doctorate English Level nor at the street level, and represent the average rap fan. Very clear, very concise, very easy to read through. Keep that good shit up.

One.
I appreciate it homie. Glad you like them.

Late!

Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
LOL, i will be releasing that song real soon, I'm sorry you missed it....Hope u enjoy.

BULLET

PS. we have NORTH COAST RAIN dropping next month and plan to get you a copy to review. Please make sure Kalyn has all of your contact information...