My Interview with IBF Lt. Heavyweight Champ Glen Johnson

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Brian Blake: Glen, first of all, how did training camp go?
Glen Johnson: Camp went good, man. Everything went good. Everything went as planned.

BB: Was there anything in particular that you focused on during camp?
GJ: No, I had to focus on everything. I have to beat Roy Jones. I had to train properly. Everything got all of my focus.

BB: Looking back on your career anyone can see that you have been on the bad end of several controversial decisions. What has kept you motivated to continue boxing as opposed to choosing another career?
GJ: The fact that I have responsibilites, and that I have a family to feed. On top of that, I've already invested so much time to boxing. I knew I could do it, even when it seemed like other people didn't want me to do it. I believed in myself, and I have a team that believes in me. So, that gives me the motivation to continue.

BB: Despite all of those bad decisions last February you were crowned the IBF light heavyweight champion when you beat Clinton Woods in Sheffield, England. Tell me about the emotions that you were feeling.
GJ: Oh there were a lot of emotions. The fact that I did it, despite all of the bad decisions they had pinned on me. I give those guys credit for taking me on, and that time I capitilized on it.

BB: How has your life changed since winning the IBF title?
GJ: My life has changed a lot. Right now I'm riding in a limo with cop cars cutting off traffic and leading us back and forth, which has happened for a week now. That's something that I've never had before. I've been trying to get used to it and keep a level head. That's a change right there.

BB: Has winning the title given you any extra confidence as a fighter?
GJ: Well, now I have something that everybody wants. I know that there are a lot of people that are going to try and take it, so I have to train extra hard to keep it. Before I was the guy that was working hard to get it. Now I am the guy working hard to keep it.

BB: Just as you have in many other fights, you will enter the ring as the underdog but this time you will carry the in belt with you. Does that make you feel any extra pressure?
GJ: No, I just look at it like any other fight. That's exactly what it is. I'm still going into this fight with most people expecting me to lost, and that's nothing that has changed. So, I'm just going to go in there and do what I have to do and come up with a 'W' at the end of the night.

BB: What's your prediction for Saturday night?
GJ: Glen Johnson will be the winner.

BB: Is there anything that you would like to say in closing?
GJ: Yes, in closing I want to say that everybody will be watching the fight to see Roy Jones, and I'm glad for that, but at the end of the night they'll be seeing Glen Johnson.

Real Boxing would like to thank IBF light heavyweight titlist for taking time out of his busy schedule to grant us this interview.