My Cougnut Story...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 12, 2003
Ive told this story before but I know alot of folks havent heard it so...

This took place @ the Breaking Out concert in '98, it was originally supposed to be at Alcatraz but was changed to under the golden gate bridge. Some of the performers included, Too Short, Mac Mall, Mack 10, Total, Missy Elliot, Da Brat, Run DMC, Jon B. & others. JT The Bigga Figga was there along with other bay rappers. So I was chilling with this breezy when I heard Cougnuts voice, this was like right after he cut off his braids so alot of folks didnt recognize him, anyway the breezy that I was with asked me who he was and I told her Cougnut well I guess he heard me and he came over and asked how I knew it was him & I told him that I recognized his voice, we was choppin it up abit how I stayed in Lake View but was from the Mission, anyway there was this other breezy standing near us with some dude wearing a Dallas cowboys jersey, well Coug saw him and asked him why the fuck was he wearing a Dallas cowboys jersey if he's from Frisco, Coug started clownin him and dude didnt say shit! Then Coug left and the breezy started laughing at dude sayin he just got clowned by Cougnut, then dude said "fuck him! I wear whatever the fuck I want! But you know he only said that after Coug left cuz he didnt have the balls to say that to Coug in his face!

Thats my story, that was the 1st and last time I ever met him, wish I couldve worked with him but thats how it goes...Rest In Peace Cougnut!

Props: Freeway Rich
Dec 4, 2007
I remeber that i was there that night we had came deep but they would'nt let all of us in but i slip through some way. I met Treach from naughty they was filming some shit for mtv. We had to walk down the freeway,than ran down a forest like hill to get there,all i know is it was hella trees,and it was in the cuts. But now i know exactly what you talking about,and that do sound like the Nut!!! R.I.P. COUGNUT!!!

www.myspace.com/sfesbee

Apr 12, 2003
I remeber that i was there that night we had came deep but they would'nt let all of us in but i slip through some way. I met Treach from naughty they was filming some shit for mtv. We had to walk down the freeway,than ran down a forest like hill to get there,all i know is it was hella trees,and it was in the cuts. But now i know exactly what you talking about,and that do sound like the Nut!!! R.I.P. COUGNUT!!!

www.myspace.com/sfesbee

I thought you mightve been there, yeah everyone was smokin' trees

Aug 27, 2007
Haha I remember meeting Cougnut at an autograph show in the old Sam Goody that use to be in Serramonte Mall lol. He was hella coo. Him and IMP was hella drunk tho lol. They was hella coo too. That was back right when they came out with "Ill Mannered Playas". Still one of my favorite classic Cougnut / IMP albums till this day. I remember they was blazin thru the mall when they bounced lol. RIP Cougnut.

Good thread Eddie. I almost forgot I even met him until I seen this thread.