My Album is FREE for the Siccness Heads..just because!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2008
just cause I don't want to get passed up...people snooze....just trying to be heard, ain't trying to sell you nothing...DL this and tell me I ain't tight...

# 7 on the Charts last week....

1. (00:01:42) Jimmy_Powers – Keep It Short (Intro)
2. (00:03:05) Jimmy_Powers – Cali-Foreigner
3. (00:04:03) Jimmy_Powers – Classless (Feat. Slaine)
4. (00:02:23) Jimmy_Powers – New Era News (Feat. Mr. Ridley)
5. (00:03:30) Jimmy_Powers – True Currency (Feat. Blame One)
6. (00:03:35) Jimmy_Powers – Same James
7. (00:02:35) Jimmy_Powers – Troops
8. (00:02:52) Jimmy_Powers – Janice Marie (Feat. Corina Rose)
9. (00:02:51) Jimmy_Powers – Evolution
10. (00:02:27) Jimmy_Powers – Which Way Is Up (Feat. Matlock)
11. (00:03:04) Jimmy_Powers – Worth (Feat. 3ntra-P)
12. (00:04:44) Jimmy_Powers – Shits & Giggles (Feat. Copywrite, Big Left & 3ntra-P)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zsoo1h

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
So is everyone here vouching for the product? I havent downloaded yet...

P.S. You know music is in a depression state when niggas dont even want to waste their time downloading FREE music...lol..I'm gonna check it out..

Dec 9, 2008
So is everyone here vouching for the product? I havent downloaded yet...

P.S. You know music is in a depression state when niggas dont even want to waste their time downloading FREE music...lol..I'm gonna check it out..
hahaha...seriously though...

well I am putting my best into getting some attention to SD.

single is #7 on College Radio....doing interviews weekly on radio shows.

ughh.com just added me to their recommended albums list..looks at the names the put me next too.

5/19: We just made an 'Audio > Recommended Albums' update with 9 new/ recommended CDs!
New album audio from: Apollo Brown, Count Bass D & DJ Pocket, Empuls, Factor, Guilty Simpson & Madlib, Jimmy Powers, Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley, Necro, and Reflection Eternal!

if you download it from here and like it....let em know in this thread...I got alot of feedback coming to me personally, but reviews on itunes, amazon, etc. are what get other people to check it out...and are very valuable.

plus we are branding 2012 Dynasty right now...

so next up to bat is "MR. RIDLEY x BLACK MIKEY"

and that record is way more of the siccness' bag of chips, than what I create!

shit is savage for real...haven't taken it out my deck..

two joints off it are on that " Smash Blacula Smash" mixtape with CMErock!

"All Out War" & "Double Trouble"

get ready for that one coming soon...

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Thats whats up...Its downloading now..whether I feel your music or not, keep grinding...I'll let you know what I think after I give it a few spins after work..

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Good lookin Jimmy..you definitely got lyrics..I havent soaked all of it just yet(busy), but I had the Cali-foreigner song on repeat a few times..i'll check the rest out this weekend..keep grinding..daygo aint all about the Gangsta..its good to show some diversity...I support that all the way...

Dec 9, 2008
much respect...

working on a free EP called " Honorary Resident" at the moment, just collected some beats.... prolly drop 5 album quality tracks for free, but also have it available digitally for a few sales...

give music away in your city, but sell it to the world...great advice I got a while back.

Dec 9, 2008
yo..yo..update

I made the www.ughh.com Top Sellers list for May...

UGHH = biggest source of "traditional Hip Hop" music

similar to how the Siccness = the biggest source of Gangsta Rap

so that is a big site for me to be on that list...biggest supplier of my niche of music.

stoked on that (whiteboy surfer voice)

May 6, 2009
Just downloaded it gave it a listen. Gonna be completely honest here too. Not bad at all, my only thing is the production. Not feeling the beats at all other than 1 or 2. I think your best song is "Worth"....think that shows your potential more than any other song. Overall I just don't think it's my style of music. Sounds more like the stereotypical east coast "backpack rapper" style, which isn't a bad thing, just not really my cup of tea. I do like that kind of shit, but rarely find an album with that style that I can listen to every song on it mainly due to the production. This is all just my opinion and personal preference. All in all, pretty good, just would like to hear you on some other beats.

Dec 9, 2008
Just downloaded it gave it a listen. Gonna be completely honest here too. Not bad at all, my only thing is the production. Not feeling the beats at all other than 1 or 2. I think your best song is "Worth"....think that shows your potential more than any other song. Overall I just don't think it's my style of music. Sounds more like the stereotypical east coast "backpack rapper" style, which isn't a bad thing, just not really my cup of tea. I do like that kind of shit, but rarely find an album with that style that I can listen to every song on it mainly due to the production. This is all just my opinion and personal preference. All in all, pretty good, just would like to hear you on some other beats.
Def smell what your saying...it's not for everyone. I do tend to lean towards the Boom Bap Sound....just who I am, and I am selective with production.

I would def go in on an ECAY, CMErock or Licwit beat though for sure....I don't think I could hold an entire song on a westcoast geared banger, but I could destroy a 16 as a feature for sure...