mutombo levels lebron

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
anyone got video of this or an animated gif at least? i didn't catch it...

---------------------------------------------

LeBron James leaves game with injury

December 30, 2004

One night before his 20th birthday, LeBron James did not feel like partying.

Cleveland's star forward didn't play in the second half on Wednesday night after bruising a bone near his left eye when he was accidentally struck in the face by Houston's Dikembe Mutombo late in the first half.

The Rockets went on to win 98-87, led by 34 points from Tracy McGrady and 20 from Yao Ming.

ADVERTISEMENT
James was moving across the lane when he was accidentally leveled by Mutombo, whose elbows have hit more than a few NBA players over the years.

``I warned him before the game to watch out,'' said Cleveland guard Eric Snow, who played with Mutombo in Philadelphia. ``I've seen him take out teammates and opponents. Those things are dangerous.''

James was taken to the Cleveland Clinic for X-rays and a CT scan. He wasn't available for comment after returning from the hospital.

``I never saw him,'' Mutombo said. ``The next thing I know, boom, he was laying on the floor. I hope it's not too bad.''

McGrady scored 22 points in the second half and 12 in the fourth quarter to help Houston snap a five-game road losing streak.