music mix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
i'm not much of a technology geek...i'd like to get into mixing...what's some good priced starter equiptment or programs??

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Daveyboy said:
i'm not much of a technology geek...i'd like to get into mixing...what's some good priced starter equiptment or programs??
Before anyone can answer we need to know..what are you trying to do...record make beats? also what are your expectations..shop a demo, make a mixtape,or put out an indy release,and most important what is your budget?

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
i just wanna play around...maybe record and do some sort of mixing beats with diffent lyrics, as far as my budget is concerned, i dont wanna drop a leg or anything, but i can spare a few bones...

i already have a laptop so i guess thats a start..lol

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Daveyboy said:
i just wanna play around...maybe record and do some sort of mixing beats with diffent lyrics, as far as my budget is concerned, i dont wanna drop a leg or anything, but i can spare a few bones...

i already have a laptop so i guess thats a start..lol
go to best buy and buy musicmaker by magix get there deluxe,probably run you under 100 and buy a midi keyboard.Me personqally I would just look in the classifieds and buy any cheap keyboard besides casio and shit look for an ensoniq mirage,or eps you can sample on them thangs plus use their sounds and sound library,and use it to play the software synths that come with magix,you will need a way too hook up a midi cable to your laptop and they make a usb with midi adapters for that.The software will let you record or load an instrumental then on another track you can load some acapellas, then the keyboard allows you to make original beats,and besides a mic thats it then you can deciede if you wanna upgrade

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
is there a way to disect a song? maybe a stupid thing to ask but like i said im a fuckin retard when it come to this...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Daveyboy said:
50 you say stay away from casio
No,beleive me there are some older casios with some tight bass and shit,Im just sayin if you gonna get a midi keyboard, look at buying a used keyboard, there might be some features you like such as sounds or if you wanna make beats sequencing and sampling.If you got some chips I could tell you some of the best hardware, if you on a budget..I always tell people to think about ensonique mirage or eps, or roland w-30 etc you can check reader reviews of alot of synths and samplers etc here
http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/

the advantage of this is if you buy a midi controller from lets say guitar center thats all it will basically do wich is great if all you wanna do is play synths in computer..wich you will need a descent set-up etc. buy what Im talkin about and you can sample and make your own beats without the computer, then you can load your beat in your computer and add vocals etc

oh yeah the old keyboard can still be used as a midi controller if you wanna play with software synths etc...TWO FOR ONE!

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
can i take vocals out of a track thats already made and put it to a different beat or do i have to get the singles and instrumentals??

Apr 25, 2002
Once it's been mixed down, nope. You need to get the acapellas and instrumentals. There is vocal removal stuff out there but it's all garbage and not capable of doing what I think you're looking for.