MURDERE DOG VOL.9, #3 2002 Lynch Interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
BTW~Thiz iz a long-ass muthafucn interview

OK Ima put thiz in the 9-1. Hopefully, one day, when we’re all grow’d up, daddy Vamps will allow uz a Lyrix-slash-Documents & Transcripted-Interviews Forume so that we can archive information that never goez old az opposed to havin such info sporadically placed, geographically & chronologically, throughout the rest of the SICCNESS site
cough cough
hint hint
whoop whoop
cough cough

(The Muder Dog staff waz kinda high when it approved the layout of the pagez for thiz issue; With the colors chosen, not only can I not make quality, readable scanz of the pagez to enhance & attach them, I can barely read the wordz in the physical magazine. So I transcribed it for peoplez that couldn’t find thiz issue, & so I could keep it in my comp. 1Luv. Kabol)

BROTHA LYNCH HUNG
YOUR NAME disappeared for a while, a long while and now we’re just starting to see you emerge out again.
I got trapped up in goin to court with BMR and lost a lot of self esteem, kinda got broke again, hungry again. Now things started back happening for us, we got this new deal. We been doin a lot of underground work, not even expecting it to come out cause we been stuck for like 3 years. Now we’re ready. This house is The Siccmade House. But we call it PAIN, cause we all been enduring pain. I mean, it’s hard to just explain it all, I could fill up the whole next Murder Dog. So we call it PAIN, and everything we been doin over the last few months is about to come out in the next couple of months.
When you say the last few months, how far back are we talking about?
We been working on this deal for like 6 months, when we found out that IDN were interested in taking me and the rest of my whole catalogue and doin the distribution.
What projects do you have coming out first?
Now we got E-MOE. He produced his whole album called Ghetto Gospel comin out on Siccmade Muzicc/Paystyle Music, that’s his label. We doin a joint venture with him and he has other artists too. That’s gonna be our first release. Our next release is C.O.S. with Siccmade Rituals. I produced that & I’m on about 3 or 4 times, and it’s heated. He’s a different type of rapper, he’s like a manic depressive type rapper. He has a lot of radio stuff & he has a lot of deep stuff like Tupac. Then there’s Uthanizm, we had just started it when I first talked to you.
That was like in 2000?
Yeah, so that’s just now got completed. We didn’t wanna move too fast when we didn’t have no distribution. Now we finally got our features on it & stuff, like Keak from 3xKrazy, Herm, Hallow Tip, T Nutty & E40. It’s some artists on there, we still got a couple more to get, but that’s done. All of our Siccmade family stuff is done. Loki has his album that he’s workin on & you know Sicx is locked up. We’re tryin to get that Deerhunter album. He’s still gonna do the album once he figures a way I quess, you know. X-Raided is gonna try and help him. You know X-Raided’s still releasing albums.
He’s got past all of that problem, hasn’t he. He’s putting out more than guys on the street. He better have more than me, though. That boy writes his butt off. So that’s the Uthanizm album. I also got that suicide note Lynch by Inch for Halloween and that’s more towards the Season of da Siccness crowdeven though I may have like a couple of cool radio cuts, got talked into it. This is the first time I’ma attempt to do a radio cut, we’re doin the vdeos, filminf em in two weeks.
So you’re goin all out, huh?
This is my last road. I’m gonna try and take this connection that I have with IDN so about 5 albums and then retire and to help these youngsters that’s really having problems. Cause you know I got my boy, he’s startin up his own firm where he’s managing little rap artists, advertises young rappers. Because everybody in the game is tryin to do that right now, tryin to help them out, the artists, stop them from getting fucked. I’m owed millions of dollars so we don’t want that happening again.
So you’re using your experience to help out those that are coming up for a first time round.
Yeah, my fuck-ups, so they wont be fuck-ups no more. You say that Lynch by Inch is geared more towards the “Season” crowd, are you saying that everything else that you’re coming out with is not like the Season material?
It’s what I wanna do, I don’t have Cedric or BMR to tell me what I can’t put on a record & that’s gonna mean a lot.
Was that what was happening?
They deffinately cut some things off of Season that I wanted on there. They shortened up stuff, they cut out certain words & constantly lookin for a single. Even though that probably is the best thing to do, I’m not a dummy, but I wouldn’t have lasted long and if I’d got a single they gonna play me out.
You gotta stay true.
I love the underground; In the end it’s going to be the underground still hanging in there.
It seems to me that’s what supports the artists anyway. When the radio stops playing you the underground’s still here.
Yeah, that’s where it starts from. Man, I’m still a battle rapper, I like battling. I wanna go off the dome in a crowd fulla MC’s and have fun doin it, that’s what I’m about. I used to bang back in the late 80’s early 90’s & my career kinda shot that way as far as my rapping, but what I mostly do is battle and I love it. People trip off of our shows too, putting a lot of bangin in my raps cause I was bangin at the time, what they didn’t know was that I grew up through the Run DMC & LLCool J days. I wanted to make it back then hust as much as I wanna make it now. You can’t forget all of that shit.
Are we going to be hearing anything different from the new Lynch album?
Concept wise you’ll definitely be hearing something different. It’s a deep story on there. My whole Lynch by Inch is like a movie all the way through it. Have you ever bought those audio books, you have the actors, you know? It’s something like that; You put on the head phones and you get into your own zone. I have an attorney, which is Loki; I have the D.E., he’s my shrink/narrator of the album; every once in a while on the album I’ll give him a call and talk to him about whats I’m goin through. I have John Johnson, who is Crookwood, another artist from Siccmade. He’ll be in and out as a newscaster. It’s not like drawn out inserts to where you gotta forward it if you don’t wanna don’t want to listen to it, it’s like 3 or 4 seconds. It’s gonna be like a story, a deep story. It’s gonna make you laugh, it’s gonna make you cry, if you rally wanna put yourself into my shoes. I’m really proud of this one.
Everyone has been waiting for a pure Lynch “this-is-how-I-do-it” release.
This is it. This is the one. Cause I get to do everything that I wanted to do & I get to the time I need to take. I’ve already been workin on it for 6 months and it still ain’t coming out till October, so I got a lot of time to really work with the artists like a director works with an actor in getting the parts right. Cause in Rap a lotta people be putting them albums out, just making the songs and putting them into order, & I think that’s kinda what’s been messing up Rap. Look at B2K, they’re singers but them routines they do in their shows is because they’re working for that specific project and making that project everything it could be. That’s what rappers need to treat it like. Not just treating it like just putting a whole bunch of songs on an album & putting it out, that’s messing us up. They’re already blowing rap up on the radio, commercials and everything & if people get tired of these rappers, they ain’t gonna be able to survive – that’s when the super caped underground comes to bring Rap up.
That’s real.
That’s how it went just before the south blew. I thank them because at that point Rap was going dry, even though Down South rappers did put out some junk too. People don’t look at lyrics too much any more, you can almost make a Rap song about anything these days. There aint nothing wrong with having the cool hooks and stuff, but I want to hear some real lyrics.
So, is Lynch by Inch Lynch right now?
It’s Lynch from then to now.
Apart from the Lynch by Inch is there any other solo material we can look forward to?
For that 2003 I’m trying to make for March with Spydermann.
Is that the title of your next one?
It’s been a title for 3 years. I just haven’t been able to release it. I think it will be my most lyrical flows, but it was only a couple of songs that I really flexed my style, & that’s what I want to concentrate on. I call it Spydermann because I’m gonna be by myself when I make the whole album & everybody’s gonna wonder where I am & who I am. I’m gonna be a loner on this one, so I can concentrate on getting these words out. I love messing with words, that’s why I feel so much confidence, that’s what I concentrate on.

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
part II

When you hear about Brotha Lynch, most people talk about the sick shit. That, for me, is almost secondary. Your word construction & delivery is frightening. I’d just rewind and I’m like “how the hell did he pack all that shit in there?”
Yeah, I’m doing a lotta that & I’m also doing a lot of word trickery. I’m a lot of sentences I’ll use the same words but in two different ways like right after each other and stuff.
You’ve actually rhymed halfway through a word. You got the hit on half the word!
I love doing stuff like that, ear candy. I gotta give New York their dues cause, you know, growing up listening to New York rappers and stuff like Big Daddy Kane, Rakim all them.
What’s happenin on the production side? I never really appreciated how much time you spending putting beats down. When I started paying attention…you got some heat!
Right now I’m putting together a production & Rap crew by the name of “The Legion of Doom.” We wanna go on a worldwide, if we can, selling sree and donate 10% to the pot, you keep the rest and try to build something. It goes along with us helping the rappers, donate some beats to them, help them get started. I love this rapping, but to be honest I can’t wait to get to that point. Cause I learnt a lot. It may take a year or so to get off, till I find the right producers, already got 2 of em, so there’s 3 of us right now.
Who you got so far, if I’m not asking too early?
Well you know I got Phonk Beta. & Battlecat, Beta’s talked to him, so we’re gonna try and get him. I’ve thought about BOSKO too, cause he helped me and C-BO with our last album. He got some cool production.
How did Bloccmovement go down?It’s like 200,000. It got took off the shelves because JCOR, the label that put it out, they went out of business. So that cut the sales. I’m trying to get that album, I’m trying to work it out so me & C-BO can release it ourselves.
How did Bloccmovement come about anyway?
For years hella people were saying you should do an album with C-BO & sometimes I was against it and he wanted to do it & sometimes he was against it & I wanted to do it. Finally I guess we got to the age where we were like we need to do this. donate some money to this community center in our neighborhood & stuff. We put that album together and shot them $10,000.
So your doing a lot of that now, looking out for the next generation?
I’m learning, I’m seeing that’s what a lotta people are doing. You don’t always get as big as a lot of other people but you can still help youngstas.
So any other projects we should know about that you’re working on that are coming out on Siccmade?
I wanted everybody to know about me and COS’s album Triggernometry. That’ll be out before my album so I gotta start pumping that up.
You got a date on that?
Art would know, all we got is for Emoe and my album. Halloween, that’s as far enough for us to get everything done.
Triggernometry, we’re hoping to be out by the middle of August. For people who wanna find out what’s going on with any of our releases, log onto www.EVILDOOINZ.com & it has the release dates. Right now it’s all TBA’s all over it until I find out all the dates but trust me when we find them out it’ll be on that page.

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
LOL

Im sorry drawma - I waznt gonna, I swear...but I have to cause the ish iz just too funny to me. It keepz callin me to do it, "post it, post it..."

It dont even look like him, to me
I waz tripn when I saw it..

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
"In '95 you was setripn bloccstyle. But I hear that you be kicn it with cops now."
~X-RAIDED: Sac-A-INDO

K

Kabol

Yep yep
Itz all gravy-train

& yez, that iz Doc. I couldnt believe it myDAMself

K

Kabol

Im gonna

Ima put up the Beta, DE & Doc articlez

I just aint typed em yet. Probably gonna do it Sunday when I have more time to dedicate to em all.

I probably am not gonna do the Raided cause itz hella long, even though I feel a lot of what hez sayn bout the current rapperz nowadayz.

Perhaps I will summerize it and post the main pointz

We'll see

1LUV
Kabol

Jul 6, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Re: Im gonna

Good shit,& do dat shiot!!!
Kabol said:
Ima put up the Beta, DE & Doc articlez

I just aint typed em yet. Probably gonna do it Sunday when I have more time to dedicate to em all.

I probably am not gonna do the Raided cause itz hella long, even though I feel a lot of what hez sayn bout the current rapperz nowadayz.

Perhaps I will summerize it and post the main pointz

We'll see

1LUV
Kabol