MTV's view of HYPHY misrepresents the Bay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2006
I was raised in the 707 just recently moved down to phoenix/tempe area for school.... After the My Block and the 40 appearences on MTV people dont understand that the bay is a grity hard ass place they think its all a joke and shit b/c of the yellow bus shablablooey shit that they had on tv. We need a single or something that shows what is really going down like some Mess or yuk or even quinn.... its not all bad though cuz people are feeling tell me when to go and the whole 40 cd.... 40 is about to play at a club here in phoenix with mack 10 and people are amped up for him.

Jan 10, 2006
Bay2Phoenix said:
I was raised in the 707 just recently moved down to phoenix/tempe area for school.... After the My Block and the 40 appearences on MTV people dont understand that the bay is a grity hard ass place they think its all a joke and shit b/c of the yellow bus shablablooey shit that they had on tv. We need a single or something that shows what is really going down like some Mess or yuk or even quinn.... its not all bad though cuz people are feeling tell me when to go and the whole 40 cd.... 40 is about to play at a club here in phoenix with mack 10 and people are amped up for him.
Man who gives a fuck. The bay is on MTV. who would of thought of thAT.
The bay is hard man i dont know about you but when I saw that mtv shit they had you mobin in oakland showin how hard that place is and then in frisco with quinn there were hella mutha fuckas like whaa. Plus when people are gonna buy these bay cds for the club dancin hyphy hits but then they will here the other shi that aint on the radio or tv and those are the hard songs, the real shit. So you no what all i got to say to your ass is "shaboobally biaccchhhhhh."

Jan 18, 2006
westbayhogg said:
The bay is hard man i dont know about you but when I saw that mtv shit they had you mobin in oakland showin how hard that place is and then in frisco with quinn there were hella mutha fuckas like whaa. Plus when people are gonna buy these bay cds for the club dancin hyphy hits but then they will here the other shi that aint on the radio or tv and those are the hard songs, the real shit. So you no what all i got to say to your ass is "shaboobally biaccchhhhhh."
he hit strait up tha nostrils on dat one

Nov 19, 2005
westbayhogg said:
thats what im saying

Feb 15, 2006
yea let em advertise it like a fun place n wen dey think its all gon be a party, den dey gon get busted in da mouth n cry all the way home to tell mommy n daddy..

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
PressPlay Prod. said:
atttract those tourist, me and my niggaz need to eat,they come out here,and they gon hit up,real talk. they think we fake, they get they head bust and they pocket riped off the seams of they pants,whats really? it aint a joke out here

Quoted from the great Steve Martin:

"Next time you tell a story, make sure it has a POINT....It makes it SO much more interesting for the LISTENER!"

Dec 2, 2005
Doc Truth said:
Why do you want people to think of the bay as a gritty hard place? Crime and ghetto shit aint cool. Fuck all that.
haha really though...honestly i don't know if even THIZZ was a good rep for the bay..i shook my head after i heard hella songs reppin' about poppin' pills n shit..but yeahh....i wouldn't go around saying OH SHIT AYE LISTEN TO US>>>WE HELLA HARD..we are who we are..

Jun 5, 2004
YayAreaMacin said:
i think FAB and junk yard dude (nump) reps the bay all wrong. am i the only one that could see right threw those two fagots?
fab "kicked out the club", nump "i got grapes"...

sounds like a representation of the bay to me (not the songs but the song titles)

Dec 6, 2004
everyone has been knowing the bay is hard. not the hardest but ghetto none the less. where i live at in fremont you got small ghetto areas mixed in with nice homes. but right now the bay aint aobut bieng hard we just want to have a good time and thats what is eexpressed in hyphy music