MOVEMENT...LOL(kansas city)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2005
3rd_degree said:
I hear you fam but its not as easy as you think to get shit in those stores. Me and Matt are fucking around wit some shit thats supposed to get us there so we will see what happens. Ur right Mutt slush does have a real good buzz going in the streets, I like how yall are keepin shit in peoples faces. If you keep it poppin people have no choice but to fuck wit you. And thats what were on right now. To be honest wit you im on pace to drop about 5 or six projects this year. Shit im tired of sitting around hearing people talk shit..
oh yeah fosho i know it isnt that easy to get shelf space, it's a struggle. oh another thought i had, kc NEEDS more local shows. shows are how u build ur fanbase, i don't konw if there arent more cuz of lack of venues or what, but there should be a live show every weekend featuring local artists - maybe find a venue in the dotte and one on the MO side and move it back an forth every week but there should be some weekly showcase or some shit. i'm just throwin out ideas now but i think something like this would really help to build a PRESENCE which is what branding is all abotu

Nov 1, 2005
SOUL MUTT said:
DAMN "STREET ALBUM MIXTAPES"... I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT, BUT YOU PROLLY DON'T KNOW NO BETTER. IT'S ALL GOOD...
GETTIN IN ALL THEM STORES USUALLY TAKES SOME DISTRO. DEAL OR ALOT OF OUT YOUR OWN POCKET FUNDING. CD SALES AIN'T THA TICKET NO MORE EITHER...HAVING SHIT IN BEST BUY AIN'T THA TICKET...
"MONEY GRABS" LOL WHEN WE GIVE AWAY 5000 "STREETALBUMS/MIXTAPES" WE SPENDIN MORE THAN WE MAKIN...
THA BUZZ THAT SLUSH HAS IS A DIRECT LINK TO THESE "STREETALBUM/MIXTAPES" & HARDWORK,TRUST ME...

"HALF ASSED" LOL... OUR JOINTZ IS KILL'EM ALMOST ALL THESE BULLSHIT ALBUM/COMPS. OR WHUTEVA OTHA RELEASES IN THA TOWN...

OH YEAH, ALOT OF PEOPLE GOT "QUALITY PROJECTS"...BANGIN BEATS, NICE BARS, GOOD HOOKS AND STILL DON'T DO SHIT...ALBUMS IS PRETTY MUCH USELESS IN MY BOOK NOWADAYS, UNTIL YOU HAVE THAT CRAZY BUZZ AND DEMAND

MARKETING/PROMOTION IS THA KEY!
o ya man i wasnt taklin about you...im talkin about when i go to wax factory and see hella local cd's and most of them is half assed using recycled features on old weak ass beats shit that just gets dropped to rake in some cash. i have nothing against real mixtapes, and real albums, but the fact is in KC rap scene over the past 4-5 years there HASN'T really been a lot of quality releases.

Nov 1, 2005
gitwitit said:
o ya man i wasnt taklin about you...im talkin about when i go to wax factory and see hella local cd's and most of them is half assed using recycled features on old weak ass beats shit that just gets dropped to rake in some cash. i have nothing against real mixtapes, and real albums, but the fact is in KC rap scene over the past 4-5 years there HASN'T really been a lot of quality releases.
& i can repsect the marketing / promotion is key thing but REMEMBER if you dont have a hot product or even a decent one all the marketing and promotion aint really gonna do shit for you. gotta have the marking, promotion, AND a product people want

Aug 31, 2005
^^^YOU RIGHT... IT'S ALL GOOD, I WAS'NT REALLY OFFENDED. I KNOW WHUT WE DO OVER HERE.

IT'S A "NEW KC" COMIN UP...LET'S GET THIS SHIT POPPIN!!!

Apr 30, 2005
A "New KC", I'm with that...I'm sayin KC has a lot of nice artist. The quality of the music has vastly improved. I would like to see more of a city-wide movement then any specific artist. More artist are embrassing that fact that they are from Kansas City and it seems like a KC sound is being established. Its so many different type of artist coming up. Futhermore a lotta hating has ceased. Many cats are doing projects with each other... that could only be good for the town

Sep 28, 2005
"THE NEW K.C."

Im feelin the new kc shit. its time 4 niggas to come toghther. i beeeen tellin mofos that. im wit it .The only thing is we cant forget the business side of this rap shit. niggas got to get they paper work in order and all that. contracts on songs,publishing,feat money.bar codes, business liscence, everything my niggas and we can blow this muthafukka up ya feel me . i got so much game from being on strange its crazy, and im willing to show niggas how to get that T.O. money without killin ya pockets. how reeal is that.Mutt, if you read this i need a interview from you and ya boy wonder.Im filming a lil dvd called"KC" UNDERGROUND PLANTATION .VOL 1 . Its going to feature artist like 3rd, chauncey clyde, kutt, bg bulletwound,hopefully yaw, fat boy chubb,and a couple other artist who have the talent to make some noise but dont have the exposer of a rich, or tech. so get at me . me and skat got some big things movin on our own right now.........and EVERY BODY can eat off this shit. WE ON SOME MOVEMENT SHIT 4REAL

May 7, 2005
gitwitit said:
Here's the thing... Rich might have the numbers, but dude don't even got a real website. Dude don't even got barcodes for soundscan, you can't even buy his albums on Amazon. YOu want a new rich album, you gotta go to Wax Factory or 7th HEaven or try to order it off a RapBay. It's like, why doesn't the man sign up with SMC or whatever to get his product out there? It's like some of these cats just WANNA stay selling 2,000 copies a release.
What is SMC?